SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Life After ScoreHero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
Anyways, after I stopped coming here, I worked hard in high school and got into a very good college. I'm about to enter my third year, was originally studying meteorology but might switch to something business related now.

In recognition of you having reached your older and wiser years, I have invoked my infinite moderator powers to un-permarocker you.

(And seriously, good for you. Keep it up.)
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy oh boy, has it been a while. At a minimum, this is my first post in a year and a half, and it's been over two years since I stopped regularly posting. I'm fairly certain I haven't picked up a plastic instrument in over 4 years(as Rock Band Blitz just used the normal controllers). I honestly never expected to have an interest in rhythm gaming again, because I was simply that burned out after WoR/RB3/Blitz. Recently I logged onto here, looked back...and something clicked. Nice timing with some new games coming out later this year. Given that I'm in the middle of cleaning up Rock Band 1, it might be time to put my old nemesis to bed at last(GGAHT bass).

To some extent, there is no "Life After ScoreHero" for me. Sure, my activity in the community may have faded away, and I may not have been grinding scores all this time, but certain things never go away. Even now, I've made and met most of my friends from SH. They're still integral parts of my life, even if the rhythm gaming connection isn't as strong as it used to be. Funny how a website dedicated to plastic guitars, one that I signed up over 8 years ago(!!!), changed everything about me. My life would be completely different were it not for this place. Heck, even now, there was more or less a SH get-together at PAX South back in January. That was as fun of a time as I can recall. :)

As for what I've been up to in the past two years? For fun: The void that was left by GH/RB, was soon filled by TCG's of various kinds, with Pokemon being the game I got into the most. People seem surprised that it's still a thing, but the tournaments are fun, even if I haven't successfully qualified for the World Championships like I had hoped to. I've also been getting more into other TCG's as well, such as Magic and (more recently) Force of Will.

The rest of my life: I stopped working at Subway well over two years ago, and found a job at Costco not too long after that. I still work there today, hopefully knocking on the door of a managerial or supervisory position soon. Even if I never figure out my life's calling, I can at least hope to have a well-paying job not too far from now, and can make a solid living from it.

Personality wise, I feel as if I've really mellowed out over the past year or two. I definitely think I was pretty hotheaded when I was younger, and probably a little obnoxious at times, heh. While I wouldn't jettison my younger self out of a window, I would probably slap him with a trout a few times. :P A lot sure changes between age 15 and age 23.

I'm excited for GH Live and RB4, and I'm hoping it brings a bit of a revival within the community. It would be awesome to see a place that means the world to me, active and kicking like the good ol' days again. I'm hoping to be back for a while.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
TQSG  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still an anime fan.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone; it's been a while since I checked back here, but you'd be surprised how often this place and it's people pop up in my head.

I don't know how old I was when I originally signed up here; I think I was 13 ish or so, and I came here after lurking on the GameFAQ's board for tiiime haha. I'm pretty sure I mostly lurked here as well, but it's still the most involved with a forum/gaming community I've ever been. In any case, coming back here is always bittersweet; this place was a big part of my life, and though I never made much of an impact, I always loved it.

So, enough with the soppy bullshit, I'm 21 now. I just finished my second year studying Computer Science in a good university, looking to graduate with an MEng in 2017. This is actually my second attempt at higher education -- my first, I got six months in and dropped out because I had no friends and probably had a problem with working too much haha.

I've grown up a lot and learned loads since my plastic guitar days, though I definitely think I've got a ways to go. I actually picked up the real guitar about 2.5 years ago, and I can play reeltar now. That being said, I started playing RB3 recently because I'm back home, and I'm still better on that than the real thing, but hey...

Oh, and since I've been gone, SikTh reformed and I actually saw them in November of last year; they were fucking unbelievable. I know it makes my sig invalid now, but I think it's best I leave it.

Big love to everyone here. It's crazy seeing what you've all got up to since the days of GH/RB, and I sincerely wish everyone of you the best. I have no doubt I'll be back here soon enough anyways, so peace. For now.

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
killzonedout  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel weird even posting here now, haha. It's been too many years.

I'm finishing college next year, for anyone curious. Top of my class. Life has been pretty swell for me, and I wish the best for y'all.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My life uhhhh....still mostly the same actually, still lots of plastar and plasdrums, dropped out of college a few times, started hormone therapy last year...yeah, that's about it.

Life after ScoreHero kinda implies I left and I've always been here.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
bdawg95  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By god, this is a throwback. My last post was over four years ago.

I joined this forum seven years ago; I was in the sixth grade then. I don't think I've ever felt older than right this instance, and I haven't even turned 20 yet (that happens in less than a month).

This place was such a huge part of my early teen years. I joined the the spring after Rock Band 1 came out, slowly worked my way up to being a semi-consistent poster who had a little too much zeal for his own good/intelligence level. The game got me into playing the actual drums, and when I was 13/14 I got my electronic kit, something that I have neglected to play as much as I should.

Probably more of you (namely, BrianBAM and Pieman) remember from being on some of the various IRC channels, which, looking back on, comprised waaaay too much of my life--I literally always wanted to be on some IRC channel, chatting in short little bursts due to my youthful shyness. I mainly frequented #scorehero, #moisthero, #lavalamp, and I sometimes went to other ones like #bannerhero, though I always felt inadequate due to my lack of banner-making skills.

Some of the folks I met on those channel became Facebook friends and Twitter follows--if you are one of those people, you know who you are--and I miss the sense of community this place instilled in me. At a point in time where my social awkwardness was on full blast, and my penchant for being an annoying shit was at an all time high, this place made me feel like I maybe could make friends (though all of my issues with making friends was totally self created; hey, I was in middle school--what do you expect?).

I just now finished my first year at American University in DC, I managed to make it through my high school years relatively unscathed, and after my freshman year of high school, the rhythm games slowly started to lose their place in my life. I became much more interested in playing high school basketball (which, tbh, I miss more than anything else from high school), trying to have some success with relationships, both romantic and platonic, and just plain making it through high school. I regret not keeping with with the plastic instruments sometimes, mainly because it slowed my drum playing down, and I'm starting it up again in a minor capacity due to my friends/suitemates wanting to play Rock Band at school. It feels good to pick it up again; it brings back a lot of feels for me.

Sorry for the length of this all, I guess I didn't realize how much nostalgia this place had in my heart. I love pretty much each and every one of y'all, I've recognized loads of the names who've posted here , and hopefully this good-ol forum will pick up in intensity with the new games coming out. I'll try to peek my head in here some more.

Also, krisda, sorry for my annoyance in all your various sports threads, and sorry everyone else for just being an annoying, brooding, early teenage. Hopefully I didn't create too much resentment amongst the plastic instrument populace. Thnx baes, luv u all <3

EDIT: Also, holy shit my life is boring. It's a Friday night and I just posted this novel. I guess that's what a summer with nothing to do and no real friends around you does to you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy hell it's been a while.

This was a pretty integral part of 5th grade/middle school for me... getting all of those Guitar Hero customs to work. Glad to see that this site isn't totally dead. Kinda funny too, I thought I was definitely one of the youngest on the forum. Everyone posting in this thread lately is talking about how they joined around the same time I did.

Probably one of the websites I've definitely sunk the most time into (as evident by my amount of posts...)

Anyways. I moved to Florida and I'm about to start my first year majoring in mechanical engineering. My love for tinkering definitely hasn't faded.

Edit: I joined July 29, 2007. What the fuck. Here I am, 8 years later.

Edit 2: Anyone having issues looking at their post history? I'll go back a bunch of pages and then ill be met with an error page and then I can't visit any page unless I exit then go back into my profile.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Jaimeclaude again after not really seeing or speaking to her since 2009. Her boyfriend was horrified about her seedy Guitar Hero past

We played a bit of GH2 and despite the laggy setup, she's still pretty beast
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
jisberg13  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly wasnt sure if this site was still alive. Decided i should drop in and see whats up! I made this account when i was in middle school, and ive since graduated highschool a few years back. Ive been playing in various bands, writing original music. One of them i feel is going to make it. (We've opened up for Atilla, Iwrestledabearonce, Ice Nine Kills, etc.) Get good crowd response and have a well though out game plan to market ourselves. (Wish me luck.) On the side i still game often, a lot of Killer Instinct and Destiny, but still rock the old GH from time to time!
Cheers!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: jisberg13
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
MetalMarshmallow  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy.

Man.

Oh wow.

Wow what a throwback.

Jee willickers.

SO. I was playing Xbox One with my buddy Loserbam(insert numbers here) and we started talking about our days here on ScoreHero and how we used to stream forever before Twitch was even popular (Ustream baby!) Eventually we wound up checking our top scores, comparing ranks with each other, then I would up here and thought it was a neat thread.

I was probably 14? when I joined the site. I'm 21 now, been going to school up at UMaine. Started studying computer science freshman year but then switched over to Mathematics, maybe end up selling my soul to work for insurance companies for a while until I want to become a teacher.

Things are going pretty fine elsewhere. I have a girlfriend of 10 months who is in way more shape than I am running track for the school, but is up to play games with me in her down time! I've been switching between minimum wage jobs as summers go, I just recently finished a summer working 3rd shift at a grocery store stocking with one of my best friends. Hopefully I can land some kind of internship next year, and ideally maybe work my way into sports statistics.

Speaking of which, now I spend a lot of time following the NHL and supporting the Bruins through all of their crazy moves they've had lately. I frequent the r/hockey subreddit so if you're ever there I'll be there as MetalStoofs!

Closing up, I found out my old RB drums were working and dug up RB3 so I've been getting pretty hyped with the announcement of RB4! As everyone else has been saying, I don't think there will ever be a time that I "retire" from ScoreHero, it's certainly nice to check in and see the state of the website from time to time!

Hopefully everybody else is doing well! This community was awesome growing up with and I'm sure I'll be back in a few years to check it out again.
iimeade  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQSG wrote:
I'm still an anime fan.

touhou is not anime

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iimeade wrote:
TQSG wrote:
I'm still an anime fan.

touhou is not anime

is mayonnaise an anime
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
iAMhorribl3  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a job at a factory making car parts for Toyota. I worked there for 6 months and then I got promoted to Team Leader. I'm putting in 50 hour weeks for almost a year straight now. I wish I had time for GH, I miss it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: