ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put some time into GHTV and most of it I was just wondering why these songs weren't in the game compared to most others. So many better songs lol Even got to play some serious metal songs for once which was nice, which helped to show just how lenient the timing window is in this, but it was good. I'm still on advanced and I'd much rather be struggling on a metal song I like than doing well on some crap indie rock song lol

Earning plays seems kinda slow though. Think today I played for a good hour, hour and a half, and barely earned 3k in coins. 6k gets me something like 15 plays? So 2 to 3 hours of playing to then get a chance to play 15 songs. Now, using plays I assume doesn't earn me coins? Only playing on the streaming channels? If it does earn coins during plays, I might be fine with the coin pacing.

Still think the game is fairly crap, excluding the gameplay. So hard learning how to maneuver between the two rows, especially with lots of soloing. Three note chords are incredibly challenging too. It's a fun challenge, but it's gonna take me forever to get used to these mechanics compared to how fast I went to expert with Guitar Hero back in the day.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whevrer you play, eitehr streaming channel, premium show, arena mode or music earn you coins and XP.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Put some time into GHTV and most of it I was just wondering why these songs weren't in the game compared to most others. So many better songs lol

Simple. It entices those who don't want to grind for coins/plays to spend money. Microtransactions, my friend.

Welcome to the future of gaming.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:
Put some time into GHTV and most of it I was just wondering why these songs weren't in the game compared to most others. So many better songs lol

Simple. It entices those who don't want to grind for coins/plays to spend money. Microtransactions, my friend.

Welcome to the future of gaming.

Eh, I'm not totally against microtransactions as I wanted there to be an option to buy songs in the game. The game is just made worse by all the good songs being in GHTV and the main game lacking so much.

What they probably should've done with the game was just release it as a free game, digital only, none of the live action elements, everything done with either music videos or some easy to make visual background, and then bundle it with the guitar for 30 bucks. Probably would've been a better release like that.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are coin amounts worked out in GHTV? I've done 5 stars to get 182, 4 stars for 192, 4 stars for 42?! I'm guessing ranking matters a little, but it seems almost random at times.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finish the whole song 100

Hot Start 20

3 Stars 10

4 Stars 15

5 Stars 20

10 Note streak 15

50 Note streak 25

100 Note streak 15

Song Intensity 1x Multiplier

Song Intensity 1.1x Multiplier

Song Intensity 1.2x Multiplier

I remember seeing this breakdown on Activision's site somewhere, but unfortunately the only place I can find it now is Reddit. You might just have to take my word for it

Most important thing is that ranking is irrelevant to coin income

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd mind the micro transactions, but honestly I don't. It gave me an opportunity to play songs I wouldn't buy otherwise. Haven't spent a dime on the game other than what is included, and I've kept up with the new songs that interest me each week. I've got about 48k coins stored, so I could buy the 100 plays fairly soon (only gave 3 remaining now). Either way, something about this game is less fun to grind than the old games so it works for me, I get new songs to play with no extra investment

MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the layout on how coins work. It felt so random before, but now I see what makes for the big chunk of it. I must've gotten into the one song I did late no from the beginning right away, hence why I got below 100 coins on it lol

I also don't mind the streaming stuff too much right now. The gameplay and generally GHTV is the saving grace of this game.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also don't forget to empty your play token bank everyday as they give you 3 plays every day as long as you bank is 0. wish I knew that sooner. would have saved me a bunch of coins.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
also don't forget to empty your play token bank everyday as they give you 3 plays every day as long as you bank is 0. wish I knew that sooner. would have saved me a bunch of coins.

And i'm stuck on 503 plays ;(

I better do more live streaming so i can get more viewers and do requests all day :D

On the ipad version i been using the 3 plays every day, but sometimes i forget as the ipad version keeps crashing and i just give up using them.

I still got like 2 plays
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:

Hot Start 20

3 Stars 10

4 Stars 15

5 Stars 20

10 Note streak 15

50 Note streak 25

100 Note streak 15

Was the 100 note streak supposed to be 35? O.o
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

presumably

if you'd like to test that i'm sure we'd appreciate it, let us know

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
if you'd like to test that i'm sure we'd appreciate it, let us know

I've done a bit of testing. I'm making a spreadsheet that, hopefully, we can then use to calculate exactly how many coins a run will get. However, what you posted seems to be in the right area.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
TerminX13 wrote:

Hot Start 20

3 Stars 10

4 Stars 15

5 Stars 20

10 Note streak 15

50 Note streak 25

100 Note streak 15

Was the 100 note streak supposed to be 35? O.o

My other question: what are the song intensities to the multipliers? Is it 1 for 1.0, 2/3 1.1, 4/5 1.2 or is it 1/2 1.0, 3/4 1.1, 5 1.2?

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
My other question: what are the song intensities to the multipliers? Is it 1 for 1.0, 2/3 1.1, 4/5 1.2 or is it 1/2 1.0, 3/4 1.1, 5 1.2?

1.0 = Regular
1.1 = Advanced
1.2 = Expert

EDIT:
I made a bit of a boo-boo. It's actually:

1.0 = Intensity 3
1.1 = Intensity 4
1.3 = Intensity 5

Last edited by GingerBraFace on Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 67 of 69

Jump to: