ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Harmonix donates $2,000: Server upgrade on the way!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Harmonix donates $2,000: Server upgrade on the way! Reply with quote

Alright, so here's the deal. As I'm sure you're aware, our growth lately has been beyond belief and it's become apparent that our existing server simply can't handle the load any longer (especially during peak hours). The problem is only becoming worse each day, so it's come time to upgrade. For months I've been thinking, debating several upgrade possibilities to deal with the situation, and have come to a conclusion.

In order to feel comfortable locking into the package which would benefit us the most (within reason), I have set a community goal of $10,000. This might sound like a lot, but that's what we realistically need to get a top of the line server and keep it for 18 months to 2 years, so we don't just have the same problem reoccurring again when GH3 comes out. If the goal is not met by June 30th then I will consider other (inferior) upgrade options based on what we've raised by that time. But I really do believe with a community of this size and dedication, that we can make this happen. I've always been surprised at how well we've come together in the past to achieve community goals, and I have faith that we can continue the trend.

To help further motivate and encourage everyone to give their support, I have added a tracking meter to the header of every page on the site which will keep all users aware of our current progress throughout this fund-raising drive along with the dates that we achieve each increment of $1,000 along the way. In addition, I have added a contribution rankings page which is now accessible from the Top Contributors table on the Home page.

I would like to stress that donations of ANY amount are greatly appreciated, and I thank all of those who have already contributed starting us out at 37% towards our goal. At this point, if less than 4% of the community donated just $5 each, we'd be done. So please don't think your donation would be insignificant, regardless of amount.

If you would like to donate now, click here to go to the Store page and click the donate button. Thank you!

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
witwix  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be sure to donate $30 in the morning, I really just wanted to be the 1st reply.
bmcle2  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I'll get a job as soon as school lets out and drop at least $10. -b
TGizz  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I get paid again, I'll send a lil more your way. I like the Contribution Stats Thanks for the 1500th time for everything you do, JC.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jerevicious
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was feeling mighty generous, so that's another $100 towards the community target

Didn't realise that'd jump me to the top of the donation "ranks" though.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Cox  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm sure everyone can spare at least $2 or $3 to send. It's the least people can do to say thanks for everything ScoreHero has done.
ScoreHero is the bomb!

*boom*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: PooStick87
damienblack  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know i've been meaning to do this for a while now, and i had forgotten until i saw that little bar pop up on the top of the screen. thank you for that, i think it will really help.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
Well, I was feeling mighty generous, so that's another $100 towards the community target

Didn't realise that'd jump me to the top of the donation "ranks" though.

It's been a while since I donated as well, so I threw another $50 at it to join you up there, so all you big spenders out there have a target to shoot for now.

Riz.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you! I sincerely appreciate all your support, at this rate we may even upgrade earlier than expected.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill probably donate a little more when i get my next paycheck

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dropped another ten-spot. Star Power UPGRADE! Or something.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gave $10 as well....I would give more, but now I only have $20 to my name.

Long live SCOREHERO!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I threw in another $25 and pushed us over the $4k mark. I've been meaning to donate for a while now. I think with a clearcut goal in place people will be more willing to pony up some cash.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: raunch99 Wii Friend Code: 5200184951610899
ES942  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's times like these at which i wish i could be on a game show

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I'll be getting a job sooner rather than later...when that first check comes in I'll fire some more towards SH.

And hey, if I hit big in Vegas (laffo), I'll donate some.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2006-2024 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy