ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Should I Make My Own GH2 Custom Even If I Can't Play It Yet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockBandKing  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Should I Make My Own GH2 Custom Even If I Can't Play It Yet? Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if I should make my own Guitar Hero game but I don't have a modded ps2 and pcsx2 is no good on my pc.

But should I try make a custom game and wait until I get a better pc or a modded one?

I don't want to mess up my ps2 and I think they are getting harder to find.
plumato  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always test your charts in GH3PC before moving them into the final ISO or review in Feedback (which allows you to "play" with a microsoft gh controller, but the engine of Feedback is basically GH1).

There's also people that can test the ISO for you on their better PCs.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also Phase Shift as an option, if you don't want to buy GH3PC. It accepts songs in FoFiX format, and the .MID file of FoFiX format is basically a superset of the GH2 format (I think it's a lot closer to the RB format, but I've extracted .MID files from the GH1/2/80s, including the GH2 demos, and they work 100% fine in PS).

If you have a fat PS2, get a network adapter, an IDE hard drive, and go here for more info on an HDD-based softmod. Then you'll be able to put as many custom images as your drive will hold. Open PS2 Loader supports virtual memory card images, and if you apply my savefile hack with a different filename for each custom disc, the high scores and career mode setlist scores won't clobber each other. If you do this, avoid Western Digital drives, the connector spacing is incompatible with the network adapter. I use a 250GB Samsung drive with my PS2 and it works flawlessly, games generally load faster than from optical disc (or at least no slower in the worst cases, but GH2 is one of the best cases, and with GH1 the third knob doesn't even have enough time to reach 11 before the song is loaded if that gives you an idea of the speed increase).

Given that the PS2 is two generations behind current, and we still advocate only using authentic GH2 discs as the base for making a custom ISO, I see no problem with assisting people with softmodding their system nowadays. The old Swap Magic method is highly outdated. Swap Magic is only useful as a vector to install Free MCBoot on a system without an internal HDD (slims, etc).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: