ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Extracting and Combining charts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ningamer  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Extracting and Combining charts Reply with quote

With the note limit gone, I want to try stringing together every on-disc song in GH3 with well timed cross-fades and stuff to make one super-long song. To do this, I need to extract the charts for every song and splice them all together at the right times, preferrably with different BPMs and forced HOPOs in-tact. Editing the audio is easy enough once it's all extracted, but I have no idea how to extract it (and the charts) and then string the charts together. Can anyone help here?
ExileLord  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should probably try making a song that would be as long as all the on-disc songs before you bother doing any real work. I suspect there might be issues with the audio being that long.

You can extract the charts via GHTCP but I don't believe it will extract them in the same .chart format GHTCP uses.

Considering you're going to have variable offsets and whatnot, doing this by hand (unless you know enough to write your own tools) is more or less your only option.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information from this thread may assist you, althout it is geared towards GH2. Alternately, doing this for GH2 may be a better option for you. It's based on HMX-format MIDI files, but I do know there is a chart2mid2chart tool out there. Going that route is likely to result in the loss of forced HOPOs, but that is a tradeoff you may be willing to make if you're unable to do it all manually as ExileLord suggests. I do know that GH2 is much more forgiving in terms of song and chart length (as in, I'm not aware of a song length limit, nor a note limit, although I haven't run a chart longer than 5000ish notes, and if nothing else there is likely a "physical" note limit owing to the amount of RAM present).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
ExileLord  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
Information from this thread may assist you, althout it is geared towards GH2. Alternately, doing this for GH2 may be a better option for you. It's based on HMX-format MIDI files, but I do know there is a chart2mid2chart tool out there. Going that route is likely to result in the loss of forced HOPOs, but that is a tradeoff you may be willing to make if you're unable to do it all manually as ExileLord suggests. I do know that GH2 is much more forgiving in terms of song and chart length (as in, I'm not aware of a song length limit, nor a note limit, although I haven't run a chart longer than 5000ish notes, and if nothing else there is likely a "physical" note limit owing to the amount of RAM present).

Somewhat of a late reply but unless you have something around 500 gems on the screen at the same time the note limit isn't a concern. Allocating room for a million notes only costs about an additional 90MB of memory for the game which isn't much nowadays considering my browser is using 1GB.

From what I recall, the audio files for very long songs can become abhorrently large and I'm not sure how FMOD, the engine, or the xen structure handle files that large. If someone has a lot of patience I'd be curious to know what those limits are.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also a late reply. I'm not sure where exactly GH2 breaks down in terms of on-screen gems. I know that despite the fact that the frame rate drops significantly with large amounts of on-screen gems at slow trackspeed, at least the internal beatmatching logic still runs on every frame, as does the autoplayer. No idea regarding external input, as such situations would be physically impossible to hit or even read.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: