ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - Score-tracking Now Available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
There is no value for the adjusted score column, so it shifts them all over. Can the adjusted score column be deleted or have an identical score as the total? It's just throwing my eyes off lol

This.

I noticed it when looking at the overall leaderboard rankings. Since there is no adjusted score, everything moved left by one column, leading to misinformation for the other columns (i.e. under 100% it shows the date the score was entered, not the numerical value for 100% scores under that username)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think SH could track GHTV scores due to no score being accurate in terms of leaderboards till you are fully maxxed out at level 20 with 12 upgrades to purchase
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, submitting scores at a lower level isn't going to help you anyways lol. And we all have access to the same stuff eventually.

Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
Well, submitting scores at a lower level isn't going to help you anyways lol. And we all have access to the same stuff eventually.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe a drop down menu so you can list your difficulty, but just one overall leaderboard would be cool, just like the XBL/PSN leaderboards. People will figure out the winning combinations of powers like they did in Blitz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Hey, I'm new to the site. How do we post our scores? Help? T Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
There is no value for the adjusted score column, so it shifts them all over. Can the adjusted score column be deleted or have an identical score as the total? It's just throwing my eyes off lol
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe a drop down menu so you can list your difficulty, but just one overall leaderboard would be cool, just like the XBL/PSN leaderboards. People will figure out the winning combinations of powers like they did in Blitz

The powers isn't the problem though, it's the guitar upgrades you unlock at rank 9 or whatever it is. More points per note, more power notes, higher max multiplayer etc etc.

We're not 100% decided on what to do but at the moment we're leaning towards not adding TV stuff, feel free to argue for it though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Graf wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

The powers isn't the problem though, it's the guitar upgrades you unlock at rank 9 or whatever it is. More points per note, more power notes, higher max multiplayer etc etc.

We're not 100% decided on what to do but at the moment we're leaning towards not adding TV stuff, feel free to argue for it though.

Why not look at that as part of the challenge? I understand the standpoint that it wouldn't exactly be fair to expect people to grind to level 20 to unlock all the requisite guitar upgrades, but isn't that part of what necessitates a competitive culture like ScoreHero? It is just as unreasonable to expect someone to path out songs and FC everything on expert for leaderboard supremacy as it would be to expect them to earn upgrades in GHTV, isn't it? I just think that would be so fun. I am having a blast competing on the overall leaderboards on ScoreHero for the base game, I feel like seeing others blowing away my scores would be great incentive for me to play more GHTV and grind out those upgrades, as well as trying to get good performances on each song.

/2 cents

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Kubuh wrote:
Graf wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

Why not look at that as part of the challenge? I understand the standpoint that it wouldn't exactly be fair to expect people to grind to level 20 to unlock all the requisite guitar upgrades, but isn't that part of what necessitates a competitive culture like ScoreHero? It is just as unreasonable to expect someone to path out songs and FC everything on expert for leaderboard supremacy as it would be to expect them to earn upgrades in GHTV, isn't it? I just think that would be so fun. I am having a blast competing on the overall leaderboards on ScoreHero for the base game, I feel like seeing others blowing away my scores would be great incentive for me to play more GHTV and grind out those upgrades, as well as trying to get good performances on each song.

/2 cents

Maybe if the ranks was all that was needed, but you also need the coins to buy them. I don't know what lvl 4 costs but it's 6000 for level 2 and 9000 for level 3, so that's already 60000 coins just to get everything up to level 3 which in the end kinda turns it into a pay to win kinda thing (obviously still need the skill). I dunno it's a tricky problem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optionally pay-to-win. I think if someone plays enough to accrue that many coins, more power to them. If they pay for it, it's their money and they can choose to do what they please. I just think that as ScoreHero goes we don't make the decision of how they develop the game, only whether or not we should track it. It's an ethical issue of whether or not we track based on whether or not people choose to pay for coins or earn them, but either way the effect is the same - a system that modifies score based on time/money put into it, as WELL as skill. At ScoreHero we know that skill takes time and games cost money, so I don't see the issue. I definitely see how it can be a tricky decision and how implementation isn't the typical Easy-Expert all platforms deal that we normally see with a new game, and any complications that may arise from that from a web developer's standpoint is beyond my scope. Either way, I stand by my original view - GHTV implementation would be awesome

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Optionally pay-to-win. I think if someone plays enough to accrue that many coins, more power to them. If they pay for it, it's their money and they can choose to do what they please. I just think that as ScoreHero goes we don't make the decision of how they develop the game, only whether or not we should track it. It's an ethical issue of whether or not we track based on whether or not people choose to pay for coins or earn them, but either way the effect is the same - a system that modifies score based on time/money put into it, as WELL as skill. At ScoreHero we know that skill takes time and games cost money, so I don't see the issue. I definitely see how it can be a tricky decision and how implementation isn't the typical Easy-Expert all platforms deal that we normally see with a new game, and any complications that may arise from that from a web developer's standpoint is beyond my scope. Either way, I stand by my original view - GHTV implementation would be awesome

I agree in general, but SH leaderboards has always had everyone on even terms. And if someone always gets more points than everyone else by playing the exact same way it kinda ruins the point of the leaderboard no? I really do want somewhere to put all my TV scores in an easy to look at place though....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't mind that it's not being tracked. To be honest, everything goes so fast I wouldn't even be able to keep up with what scores I have on what songs. Plus, with no note streak showing on the stats, if I did want to improve on a song, that's one of the things I look at personally and try to get my streak higher. GHTV is already competitive as well when you think about it. Going head-to-head against 9 others without knowing what their current score is? That's already interesting enough for me.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
thundrchickn  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Graf wrote:
Kubuh wrote:
Graf wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

/2 cents

Maybe if the ranks was all that was needed, but you also need the coins to buy them. I don't know what lvl 4 costs but it's 6000 for level 2 and 9000 for level 3, so that's already 60000 coins just to get everything up to level 3 which in the end kinda turns it into a pay to win kinda thing (obviously still need the skill). I dunno it's a tricky problem.

15,000 coins for level 4

List of my 267+ GH(X) FC's in the order I got them.
Goals: [x]Beat TtFaF (6/2/08) [x]20 GH:3 FC's (41+7DLC) [x]Beat Jordan (8/4/08)
[x]Beat my GF's GH2 Career Score (+20K) [x]20M GH3:X Career Score (22.3M)
[x]The Logs (GH:80's ? GH2 9/8/08) [x]100 GHX FC's pre-GHWT (100!) [x]El Jeffe (RaBl 5* 1/21/09)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DJ Drty Chapstk
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think it would be much use tracking GHTV with all facts known. I've changed my stance, you guys convinced me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
Yeah I don't think it would be much use tracking GHTV with all facts known. I've changed my stance, you guys convinced me.

Plus I broke 1million today when the next highest score is 550k atm on the console leaderboard.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Darkydan  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can grind full upgrade on gh tv surprisingly quick. I just practised the new notes and got full upgrade while playing. Now it would be really fun to track score in scorehero. Seriiusly out gh tv tracking. Scorehero has always been a big part of gh motivation for me

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DarkyDan PSN Name: DarkyDan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: