ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RB/PS mid2chart Converter (with tap notes support)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: RB/PS mid2chart Converter (with tap notes support) Reply with quote

This is a tool made to convert Rock Band / Phase Shift .mid files to .chart, so they can be imported into GH3PC using GHTCP.

It uses Mark Heath's NAudio and unphook's Stopwatch - the former is licensed under the Ms-PL license, and the latter is under the MIT license.
To make sure tap notes work, you should use ExileLord's GH3+ hack.

Get it here. (Requires .NET Framework 4.5.2)
Changelog and old versions can be found here; Source code is available here.

A video tutorial is available here! (Made by yours truly)

Instructions:
1. Extract the .7z file;
2. Drag and drop the desired .mid file into the .exe (or the .bat file);
3. Import the resulting .chart file into GH3PC using GHTCP!
If the mid file has tap notes - such as the Phase Shift version of GH:WT> songs - it'll output 2 charts: a (Dummy).chart one, and the actual .chart. To properly import those, please refer to this tutorial by Plumato.

If there is a song.ini file in the same folder as the mid, the converter will use its metadata to set the song name, artist, year and charter attributes in the converted chart file.
If the song.ini specifies a 1/8 HO/PO threshold, the converter will force HO/POs accordingly so the converted chart file matches that.
PART KEYS is also converted, placed in the Enhanced Guitar part. It is ignored by GHTCP, but can be found by opening the chart in FeedBack and pressing F4.

The program supports a series of parameters to customize the conversion process (for example output an editable FeedBack chart file, apply Harmonix's HO/PO logic, etc). Read the readme.txt file, included with this package, to know what each parameter does, how to apply them easily, and more useful info!

Also, this program is open-source, licensed under the MIT license. If you're a programmer, feel free to add/edit its features, and even re-release it as if you wish (as long as you credit me, read the license and agree with it)!

This is it! If you have any issues or questions, just leave a reply, or message raphaelgoulart#1573 on Discord!

Last edited by raphaelgoulart on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:50 am; edited 15 times in total
opiumtest5  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This product is Jangster approved. Get your copy now!
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!
Bugfixes:
- Fixes a bug where open strums are converted as green tap notes - now they're just regular green notes!
Additions:
- The converter now adapts broken chords into multiple chords, forcing HO/PO where necessary.
- Adds the "-b" parameter, which bypasses the aforementioned adaptation, and leave the broken chords as they are, if there's any. (This can be used to slightly speed up the conversion process when converting charts that don't have any broken chords)
Original post download link updated accordingly.
guilherme16  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I'm not really "skilled" with this. I tried by myself and it didn't work well.

For example, for the midi Battery (Metallica) I downloaded from Phase Shift I couldn't open it on FeedBack after the conversion. I inserted the "-e" in the run exe and dragged the midi into it and an error occurred.

The run exe file after I edited is like this:
Code:
@echo off
mid2chart.exe "%~1"
pause
-e

What am I doing wrong?

And thanks for the help
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Command line parameters need to go on the same line as the program itself, separated from other parameters with whitespace, like this:
Code:
mid2chart.exe "%~1" -e
guilherme16  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Command line parameters need to go on the same line as the program itself, separated from other parameters with whitespace, like this:
Code:
mid2chart.exe "%~1" -e

That also didn't work.
First i dragged the midi to "run exe" and an error message says that "mid2chart.exe is not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file."
Then I tried to drag it directly to mid2chart.exe. It converts, but when I try to open the Dummy Chart in Feedback it crashes.
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the .mid must be in the same folder as the .bat for it to work
OR
you can change the mid2chart.exe "%~1" -e line in the .bat to something like
Code:
"path/to/mid2chart.exe" "%~1" -e

path/to/mid2chart.exe being the full path for the program, for example, in my PC it is "C:\Users\Goulart\Desktop\GH3 Tools\mid2chart\mid2chart.exe" (the ""s ARE required in this case, specially if there is a space in any of the folders)
OR
you can just open the dummy chart in notepad or notepad++, press Ctrl+H, and replace N 5 0 for E * and N 6 0 for E T, and it should open normally in feedback.
Sorry for the trouble D:
guilherme16  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raphaelgoulart wrote:
Oh the .mid must be in the same folder as the .bat for it to work

THAT WORKED!

Thank you very much and congratulations for the great work with the tool
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another update - it doesn't add anything new, I basically remade it in C#, BUT I've fixed some big mistakes and optimized some methods, now the program can be up to 12x faster (converting GH:SH's TTFAF and using the times as criteria)!
Original post updated accordingly, please re-download (if you wish).
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be nice if this tool also converted chart to mid, for use with GH2. Chart2mid2chart sucks on 64-bit systems and so does GHEx. I have all the tools I need (besides a good chart2mid tool) to do GH2 customs and abandon GHEx.

You could make it a tool to convert to RB/PS .mid but with a GH2 mode (proper SP demarcation, no forced HOPOs, no overlapping sustains which horribly breaks GH2). For shiggles, it'd also be nice to have a GH1 mode (afaik, the only real difference is the main guitar track name).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd, chart2mid2chart works just fine here, and I use a 64-bit system as well :o what are the issues you're having with it?
If you want, I can help you force it to open on 32-bit Java (it is a fairly simple process).
However, I don't really see the point in making a whole new tool when something similar already exists. Sorry : (
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes forever to open, like with GHEx. Was just hoping for something a little more modern that doesn't require Java.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Notyu1459  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This program is a GODSEND. Thank you! :D

But I am having an issue with it: My HOPOs aren't being forced.

I drag my midi into your program, and it converts. But Feedback can still open up the chart, and when imported into GH3, the forced HOPOs are, indeed, gone. What's confusing is that I can still find some "N 5 0"s in the chart file; not many, but they're there. Are there some notes that are ACTUALLY being forced? If so, why is the chart still able to be opened in Feedback?

....Actually, Feedback DOES eventually crash as I scroll through the chart. But, again, if any HOPOs ARE actually being forced, why not 99% of them? Do I have to change the layout of the midi, or something? I make my charts in EOF, but I can edit them in a separate program, if need be.

Those same notes are also replaced with "E *" when converted with the "-e" parameter. So, either way, 99% of my Forces are still being ignored.

Last edited by Notyu1459 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:37 am; edited 5 times in total
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notyu1459 wrote:

They're also replaced by "E *" when converted that way.

In the meantime (until OP in super cool/sexy and fixes it), could you just remove the Es manually?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: