ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RB/PS mid2chart Converter (with tap notes support)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Notyu1459  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
Notyu1459 wrote:

They're also replaced by "E *" when converted that way.

In the meantime (until OP in super cool/sexy and fixes it), could you just remove the Es manually?

I changed my post. Sorry that I wasn't clear. I meant that, either way, most of my Forces were being ignored.
Notyu1459  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FIXED IT!!!!

So I've figured out what the difference between the forced notes that were converted corrected and the ones that weren't:

1. Every note that wasn't converted correctly was a forced strum.

2. The forced strums that WERE converted all had a note length above 1ms (Aside from the notes with visible tails, I found a couple that were 18ms long, for some reason, and they were ALL converted fine!)

So what I did was this:

1. Create a copy of the project in question (so you still have it the way it was before; you might need it that way for FOF/RB/PS, not sure), then open that copy in EOF.

2. Change the minimum note length to 18ms

3. Select all notes, then delete them all.

4. After that, undo this action and all your notes will be back, but all at least 18ms long!

5. Save, and run the new midi file through Mid2Chart

And voila; all my Forced notes were converted correctly! If you import this chart as a Feedback chart in EOF, they all are they're correct length as well (notes that aren't sustains are recognized as such: 1ms), so there was no negative side effect to increasing the minimum note length. ^.^

I'm not sure if this could be considered an oversight on Mid2Chart's end, but either way, it's simple to fix, yourself. So it's not a big deal. :)

If I find any other issues, I'll post them. Thanks for the great program!

Last edited by Notyu1459 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:46 am; edited 3 times in total
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't have to delete and undo, simply opening an EOF project or importing a file (like you mentioned) should automatically apply the minimum note length if it is configured.
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oops sorry for the delay! I don't get notified on my email when someone replies here (even though I've enabled that) and I forgot to check scorehero manually for a (long) while, so yes, sorry again haha
Glad you liked the program and were able to fix that yourself! I didn't wish such a thing was necessary, though, but by the description of your problem I believe I know what caused this error.
Basically the 'force HOPO'/'force strum' sections are so short, that in the conversion process its length is rounded to zero and the note that is in the same position as the 'force whatever' note ends up not being forced (even though it's supposed to be).
I already have a solution in mind, I'll have to test it to see if it doesn't end up forcing other stuff incorrectly, and I'm more or less busy with college stuff, but I'll fix this as soon as I can.
Once again, sorry for the inconvenience and delay of the reply! And thanks for the solution you've provided, will be useful to people until I fix this!
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software updated! The bug mentioned in the previous messages was fixed, as well as one reported by the579GH, on which the converter might fail on very specific circumstances (it happened when converting GHM's One).
2 new parameters were added, incase notes aren't properly forced - read the readme and the changelog for more info!
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigger update, too lazy to write what i added, here's the changelog:
Bugfixes:
- Fixes a bug on which the converter would crash during certain conversions (such as Chaotrope's Baptized by Fire and Chiasm midis) if the -r parameter was set.
Additions:
- Now supports RBN2 sections ([prc_section] instead of [section section]).
- Now exports PART KEYS on Enhanced Guitar part, for use in Feedback.
- Exported PART KEYS supports proper RB3 Keys-on-Guitar HO/PO logic (including double HO/POs).
- Added the -k parameter, which swaps PART BASS and PART KEYS when converting.
- Added the -d parameter, which fixes double HO/POs (notes/chords that are the same, but are forced as HO/POs due to charting flaws (as seen in Amberian Dawn's Lionheart, for instance), or due to the odd keys-to-guitar conversion on RB3's engine).
- Added the -c parameter, which doesn't force chord HO/POs (useful for non-GH3+ users, or console players).
- Added the -o parameter, which clips sustains and/or fixes overlapping notes.
HORSUS  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

first off, thanks for this awesome tool!
However, it seems to crash when trying to convert certain charts. Would be awesome if you could look into this a bit.

I've uploaded some midis that do this for you to check out: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aoax5iu8wbcw5t4/midis.zip

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: i'm stupid, should've watched the video lol. nevermind
plumato  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my favorite tool

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
hanzz  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be used with GH:WT since the rockband songs already have drums, bass, vocals?
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hanzz It works with bluzer's GH:WT+ rips for Phase Shift, if that's what you're asking...now, if you're asking that you're able to import midis that you converted with this tool on GH:WT, then sorry, I don't know D:
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The program's source code, download link (and pretty much all the info about it) was moved to GitHub. The main post has been edited accordingly, with links for the releases, changelog/old versions and source code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: