ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3, GHWT, BH, RB -> GH3 Custom on a PS2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klodette  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: GH3, GHWT, BH, RB -> GH3 Custom on a PS2 Reply with quote

I own the PS2 versions of GH3, GHWT, BH, and RB and I wonder if you could build a custom GH3 disk that includes songs from all the other games.

I know that RB is quite challeging as it uses a whole different format but the others are quite similar. I tried replacing some files but I couldn't build a working image.

Has anybody been trying anything like that with success?
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very familiar with GH3 customs for the PS2, but considering buildgh3 supports .chart files and forced HO/POs, you can get the songs you want to put on the disk in these threads (Bluzer's Guitar Hero Songs for Phase Shift / Bluzer's Rock Band Songs for Phase Shift), merge all the .ogg tracks into a single one (or how they're specified in the original buildgh3 thread), and then convert the notes.mid files to .chart with this tool.
For songs with GH:WT>'s tap/slider notes, it'll output 2 charts - (Dummy).chart (chart without tap notes) and the actual .chart (chart with tap notes, for usage with ExileLord's GH3+ hack). But since GH3PS2 doesn't support tap notes, you have to use the (Dummy).chart anyways, so just delete the actual .chart. Also, there won't be faceoff sections, since RB/GHWT> songs doesn't support them.
As long as you have the .ogg and the .chart, I assume buildgh3 should work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: