Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
[Release] ArchiveExplorer 0.7.0 (GH 1/2/Live and More) 2016-10-17
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxton  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: [Release] ArchiveExplorer 0.7.0 (GH 1/2/Live and More) 2016- Reply with quote

Hey everyone.
I've written a tool which lets you browse and extract from the DISC0.img file from Guitar Hero Live, along with the .far archive files.
Hopefully this will spur some modding efforts to get custom songs!

Screenshot

Currently this supports
  • .hdr/.ark (Frequency, Amplitude (PS2), Guitar Hero 1, 2, 80s, All Rock Band games, Fantasia: Music Evolved)
  • DISC0.img (Guitar Hero Live)
  • .far (Guitar Hero Live)
  • STFS (Xbox 360 content format)
  • GDFS/XDVDFS (Xbox/X360 ISO format)
  • PFS (Playstation 4 file system format)
You may right-click on any file(s) or directory/ies to extract them.

Double-clicking on a directory will open that directory. To get back to a previous directory use the breadcrumb buttons above the file list.

Double-clicking on a supported archive within an archive will open it in a new tab, without needing to extract it first.

Development is on GitHub in case more formats or features (such as adding/removing files) are added.

Download Here (latest build)

Last edited by maxton on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:07 am; edited 15 times in total
RockBandKing  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, i will take a look.
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this.
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this currently support file replacement in an ARK, ala GHEx or ArkTool? Also, if so, do you ever have plans to implement file addition (instead of being limited to the existing filenames and having to keep track of the correlation, files could be named after the actual song, and if SetListPatcher weren't broken we could also increase the number of songs arbitrarily, up to the 4.37GB limit for a physical disc or ~8.5GB when used with OPL while DVD-DL support is disabled like with the flattened RB2 image). I'd like to experiment with using RockAudio to generate VGS files with two 44KHz channels (for backing audio), and filling the rest of the channels out with 8KHz silence (or even lower, silence is silence no matters if it's 1bps).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
maxton  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, only reading from archives is supported. However, the ability to replace and add files to archives is on the to-do list (provided I can figure out how checksums are calculated for the formats that use those). As far as I can see though, ArkTool has been very well-suited to modifying Ark files (for at least 8 years now!)

Unfortunately it is not possible to make the combined Ark size any greater than 4GiB for Guitar Hero, because the file offsets (which tell the game where the files begin in the ark files) are all 32-bit uints (of course, in header version 4 or higher, used in Rock Band, the offsets are 64-bits).
LocalH  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, didn't account for that possibility. Probably should have, but it's been forever since I read the derived HDR/ARK specs.

I'd like to determine if RB1/2 PS2 has the ability to read audio from straight VGS files, instead of the muxed M2V+VGS PSS files that it uses. Especially since I'm sure they are better for setlist extension than GH2 (since the lead platform for RB1, let alone RB2, fully supported DLC, while the lead platform for GH2 did not).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
maxton  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version is up; you can now open DISC0.img.part files without having to join into a single DISC0.img. Also, the library is now pretty much separate from the browser.

==Edit (2016-01-15)==

Another new version is up. Now the UI will not freeze when extracting large files, it's done in the background. Additionally multiple archives can be opened at once. In the future, this functionality will allow opening archives within archives. (this will be especially useful, e.g., when opening ISOs is supported).

==Edit (2016-01-16)==

Another new version (0.3.0) is now up. Now opening Xbox/Xbox360 ISOs is supported, as is opening archives within archives.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you might look into supporting the HDR-less ARKs found on Frequency and Amplitude for the PS2? Would be interesting to dig through those files.

maxton  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Version 0.4.0 added support for version 7 Arks (from Fantasia: Music Evolved), and version 0.5.0 added support for version 2 Arks (from Amplitude).

Unfortunately I don't have Frequency so I can't check that one, and it might use a different format from Amplitude. If you have it please let me know if it opens.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. I have both the retail Frequency, as well as a review build (specifically build 179).

LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArchiveExplorer does not open the ARK files found in either final or r179 builds of Frequency. Instead of being one monolithic ARK, there are several smaller ones: ARENAS.ARK (containing data for the stages perhaps, about 4.5MB), LEVELS.ARK (which I assume contains the actual music, as it is the largest ARK in both versions at around 270MB), LOADING.ARK (smallest one at about 6.5KB), and ROOT.ARK (which I'm assuming contains data for the menus, the core game engine, etc at around 11-12MB). I'm going to assume that these would basically be considered "version 1" ARKs. Have not compared them to the later versions.

If you'd like, I could privately provide you with copies of both, for the purpose of reverse engineering the ARK format.

I was successfully able to open and extract the contents of Amplitude's MAIN.ARK. Lots of similarity to GH1/2/80s, but also lots of different file formats (like .txt.bin, which I think serves a similar purpose to the well known .dtb files, haven't investigated to see if the file formats themselves are related).

maxton  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, version 0.6.0 now supports the ARK files from Frequency.
DanTheMan827  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't appear to work with the new Amplitude that was just released.

I extracted the PS3 PKG file and I'm trying to extract the ark files contained within.
fiveighteen  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I originally missed this thread. :P

maxton, have you made any progress on replacing or adding files either into FAR archives or into the DISC0.IMG itself?
RockBandKing  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you make this open the .far file in the GHTVFree folder?

I think it's the chart file for Satellite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: