ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I can't get 1000FPS in GH3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anomaly92  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: I can't get 1000FPS in GH3 Reply with quote

Hey,
I hope this is the right section. I'm new to GH customs and I can't get 1000FPS. I have GH3 on disc with V1.3 patch an GHTCP. I disabled vsync via the NVIDIA control panel and turned off most GFX stuff with GHTCP. But ingame it still says ~60FPS in the upper left corner.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and don't know what to do.

Can someone please help?
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To reach 1,000 FPS or higher, you honestly need a pretty high end PC. I myself have a dedicated graphics card on my laptop and at best I can maybe get around 500 FPS. Not only that, but you need a pretty decent processor as well. Just given that you're still getting very low FPS, I would imagine that it's possible you don't have one or the other, or possibly neither. The only solution I can think of to get your FPS to increase at all is to download 3D Analyzer, which is a free program you can find from a google search. Once you've found it, here are the following settings I personally use:

- Force SW TnL
- Disable Lighting
- Skip pixel shader version 1.1
- Force low precision pixel shader
- Force high precision pixel shader
- Performance mode
- Emulate HW TnL caps
- Disable textures
- Disable rendering
- Force 16 bit zbufffer (without stencil)
- Force 24 bit zbuffer (without stencil)

Hopefully that helps!
Anomaly92  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks.

I don't mean, that I expect stable 1000fps. It just seems that turning off vsync didnt change anything at all. I have still 60fps without any improvement. I don't have high-end-hardware, but I would have expected it to be over 100fps at least.

anyway, i will try 3d analyzer for now. hopefully that works
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3, like almost every PC game, is capped at 60FPS to preserve your CPU I believe, so no matter your PC and your options, you won't get over 60.

You need something to uncap the FPS, and 3DA is a way to do it. Try launching the game through 3DA, and that will be uncapped, aka it will depend on your PC's power, that's where vsync or any option can ACTUALLY have an impact

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Anomaly92  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 3DA and used the same settings as Bradmasta. But the game won't launch. I always get an error: "Could not copy C:\...\ForceDLL.dll to C:\...\ForceDLL.dll!"

I googled for a solution but couldn't find one. Does anyone know this problem?

Edit: It works now. I didn't have admin rights to copy the .dll into the game folder. I have 250-500FPS now. Thanks for all the help
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone else, an alternate method that limits the writing capability to 3DA, you can right click 3danalyze.exe, go to Properties, click on Compatibility, and force it to run as administrator.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
For anyone else, an alternate method that limits the writing capability to 3DA, you can right click 3danalyze.exe, go to Properties, click on Compatibility, and force it to run as administrator.

I didn't know that ! Thanks a lot, really helpful ! Now I can finally put it in my taskbar

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: