ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Top 75 Hardest overall FBFCs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXGhostTypeXx  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Top 75 Hardest overall FBFCs? Reply with quote

Would anyone be interested in this? I saw a top 75 hardest on-disk + DLC on the Rock Band side and I wanted to make one for Guitar Hero (on-disk only).

I will probably make the list based on Expert drums only, I don't know about X+.

Anyways I'll start the color coding:
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero Metallica
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Band Hero
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock

Last edited by xXGhostTypeXx on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot for the Teacher on GHVH has got to be up there. Has anyone even managed a fbfc on that?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's lots of Van Halen songs that are gonna be here.
Heres a few
Hot For Teacher (both versions, wt version is harder because bass)
I'm The One (hi solo 2a)
Space Truckin' (lol drums)
Painkiller
etc

Metallica:
One
All Nightmare Long
War Ensemble
etc

SH:
Through The Fire and Flames (obvs)

WT:
Love Removal Machine
Hot For Teacher
etc

GH5:
21st Century Schizoid Man
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the tighter hit window in VH made the drum intro near impossible to FC? Or have I completely made that up?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
I thought the tighter hit window in VH made the drum intro near impossible to FC? Or have I completely made that up?

it's possible (just ask warlord ;)) but pretty hard
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly you could probably take the top 30 guitar FCs and the top 30 drum FCs and that would be most of your list.

I would have to think that TTFAF and FotS would be near the top, considering they're some of the hardest songs for both guitar and drums. Probably Chemical Warfare and War Ensemble would be up there too...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah basically it comes down to drums and guitar. A hard vox song could influence the ranking a little bit, but probably not enough to put it into a list like this. And bass is usually not overly hard unless the guitar is, with some exceptions.

So you could have a song like Satch Boogie still be on here just because of how hard the guitar FC is, even though the drums and bass are relatively easy and there aren't any vocals.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any WT songs maybe considered harder due to the vocal engine. Also, are songs without vocals counted?
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one song I can think of that is extremely hard and has no vocals. Satch Boogie. Hard on guitar, quite tricky on bass and drums too.

There's songs that are harder on bass like dyers eve, that one is a tough one
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Widow of La Porte, Speeding, Scatterbrain...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of Satch and Black Widow. They might just make it into the top 75?
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i was tired this morning forgot about those totally
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already did most of the work some years ago. I intended to put together a master FBFC breakdown, but never got around to it. A quick glance would put FotS and TTFAF at the top 2 spots for sure.

GingerBraFace wrote:

It's harder for sure, but not nearly impossible. I FCed the intro at least 80% of the time during my grind sessions. The 26NPS roll at the end is the hardest (most RNG) part of the song imo
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm originally wrote in his other thread his way of rating the songs, by FBFC difficulty, his calculation (which was wrong, it should be 16.11 not 17.11), and the colors he originally chose. I changed WoR to Green for ease in viewing, but otherwise I manually copied his data to an Excel sheet, put in his equation, and came up with a Value. Then I sorted them by lowest to highest. The original rationale is as follows:

Quote:
Seeing how FC breakdowns are generally subjective, I thought I'd use a mathematical approach to determine the FBFC difficulty of a song. The equation I came up with uses the 1-10 ratings given to each song (which *would* be subjective of course) to calculate the full band difficulty rating.

First off, the lists you can find below the FBFC breakdown are FC breakdowns of every individual instrument + vocals just like any other, based off of some breakdowns already available on SH and some personal input by arvain, myself and a few other people from SH. For each instrument, I divided the breakdowns into 10 groups of which the songs are of somewhat equal difficulty relative to eachother, which decides the difficulty rating the songs get. FGFC-breakers usually get a rating higher than 10, since they can really screw up a band's chances of getting a certain FBFC.

The equation I used to calculate the FBFC difficulty ratings:

A = Most difficult instrument
B = Second most difficult instrument
C = Third most difficult instrument
D = Least difficult instrument

FBFC rating: A^1,9 + B^1,7 + C^1,5 + D (I divided this number by 17,1174323436839 a.k.a. (10^1,9 + 10^1,7 + 10^1,5 + 10)/10 to get a 0-10 rating)

For example, this is how the FBFC difficulty ratings for Stranglehold, B.Y.O.B. and Vicarious are calculated:

Stranglehold
Guitar: 9, Bass: 8, Drums: 8, Vocals: 6
(9^1,9 + 8^1,7 + 8^1,5 + 6)/17,117... = 7,47

B.Y.O.B.
Guitar: 9, Bass: 9, Drums: 7, Vocals: 4
(9^1,9 + 9^1,7 + 7^1,5 + 4)/17,117... = 7,56

Vicarious
Guitar: 7, Bass: 7, Drums: 10, Vocals: 6
(10^1,9 + 7^1,7 + 7^1,5 + 6)/17,117... = 7,67

This equation might not be perfect, but it does the job quite well imho

The FBFC breakdowns aren't necessarily based on how hard the actual FBFC is, but more on how likely it is the FBFC would happen if you have the right players in your band, i.e. who *can* FC the song on their instrument. Also, vocals and bass are rated slightly lower than guitar and drums, since they're generally easier to get consistent with.

This is somewhat subjective, as it hits those songs missing a part particularly hard as they lose .1-1 points and thus potentially just missing out of the table (like YYZ). Not entirely sure how he arrived at his numbers, but I used them without change. I took only those song with a Value of 6 or higher as it made a good cutoff point (there were about 5 songs in the 5.8 to 5.96 range for reference). I then made a handy key on the right hand side, and put in a color spacer to make for easier reading. This table does not include Band Hero, as WarlordTm did not include that in his original thread. Enjoy.

FBFC%20Comparison_zpsrralxpwq.png
FBFC%20Comparison2_zpsuzzfrhu6.png
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548

Last edited by bushidox on Fri May 27, 2016 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of notes on my tables, there are 94 songs listed with a value, the 74th cutoff would be Kick Out the Jams, and there is a 3 way tie for that last spot at 75th. If the Value included were decreased to 5.74, the table could be a nice round 100, but I made the cutoff and stuck with it. The board is very guitar top heavy, largely due to how WarlordTM assigned values, for better or worse. I am half tempted to subtract 2 from every value excepting 1-3 ratings and see what that data looks like, with no 12s or 11s in the chart. This chart is just to be used as a starting point for the conversation, and can be amended should people think some of the instrument values need adjustment. Not sure what people would give as difficult song values for Band Hero, but if a couple songs can be rated I could plug them into the equation and see what happens. Maybe someone like Void can do a vote breakdown starting with this chart and move on from there. Thoughts?
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: