ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How do the Guitar Hero games rank for you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobGHH wrote:
I like games to not drop notes

I dont know if you'll see this but what console do you play on? I dont think its the games fault.. I have over 100 hours on GHTV on Xbox One and tons of difficult fcs and I've never had a single issue with dropped notes. Faulty guitar?

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Faulty guitar?

It's pretty badly made tbh. The keys stick for me if I push them at the wrong angle ><

In answer to the OP (Best to worst):

01. GH2

02. GH80s

03. GH:WoR

04. GH1

05. GH:A

06. BH (Don't know if this counts? XD)

07. GH3 (PC version)

08. GH:V

09. GH:M

10. GH5

11. GH:3(console version)

12. GH:WT (the setlist has about 4 songs I like on it)

Last edited by GingerBraFace on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
slashn0  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
The keys stick for me if I push them at the wrong angle ><

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XE1FUBU0lQ

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. GH2
2. GH1
3. GH:WOR
4. GH3 (Mostly the amount of time I've put into it)
5. GH:80's
6. GH:SH
7. GH:VH
8. GH:WT
9. GH Live
10. GH5
11. Band Hero
12. GH:A
TacoBear  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main console releases from best to worst (not including Band Hero, DJ Hero, Nintendo DS releases, Guitar Hero Arcade) ~

GH3 - Objectively the best engine, great on-disc and DLC songs, people can still be found and rekt in matchmaking
GH6 - Great songs and can usually find people to play with online, uses engine where tap notes are more playable
GH:M - It's Metallica, duh
GH:VH - Challenging songs, very fun to play
GH:L - Different, but still has good songs, can't be bothered to learn new button layout
GH4 - Only a few good songs, tap notes on this engine are cancer
GH:A - Most distracting highways in GH/RB history, some songs on-disc are still fun to play
GH2 - Engine is actual garbage, Harmonix is the king of making strum notes and HOPOs hard to tell apart (take off nostalgia goggles pls)
GH5 - Literally zero good songs on-disc

-----Games I never played (including everything this time)-----

GH1 - Never had a PS2
The NDS releases (whatever they're called) - Bought a DSi before I had the chance to get them
GH:SH - Figured it wasn't worth it since I'd only be buying it for TTFAF
GHE:Rt80s - Never had a PS2
Band Hero - Heard it sucked
DJ Hero - Saw it, wasn't really interested in the concept
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TacoBear87 PSN Name: TacoBear88
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're wondering what BH and DJ Hero is/are like, they're basically GH5 (uses the same engine and looks similiar) except with worse songs and DJH looks even worse, and it lags (not sure for all consoles but it lags on wii for sure)
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mainly think of this as "how fun it is to play" and the engine plays a huge role in that. The main factor that makes me dislike a game is when you miss notes for an absolute bullshit reason. Not meaning that the most lenient engine is the best, though. So for me it goes like this:

GH3 - Always liked this one, love the setlist. Not the best engine but still always fun to play.
GH2 - I'm fine with no ghost notes, that's how you'd be supposed to play. The setlist is great but has some pretty bad covers. The strum limit is a bummer too. Still a great classic I like coming back to.
GH1 - Tight HOPOs make for a great challenge. You have to be extremely precise so you don't overstrum through HOPO sections as well, which sometimes can be pretty bullshitty. The setlist is good, but doesn't have enough songs imo. No practice mode is also pretty sad.
GHA - I played this one a lot back in the days, and loved it. The engine is better than GH3 imo because of fixed HOPOs, but the setlist is kinda boring and the Joe Perry fretboard is terrible. You don't get any bullshit misses in this one, though.
GHWoR - Great game in general, amazing setlist, very fun to play casually. But when it comes to hitting notes, you get a lot of bullshit with grace notes, strums after HOPOs, and obviously purple notes. At least you are still allowed to hit HOPOs followed by HOPOs as late as possible.
-----FROM HERE IT JUST GOES WAAAAYYY DOWNHILL-----
GHWT - This one is here solely because of the amazing setlist. The engine is absolute garbage. Barely any back-end on HOPOs, which makes purple notes even harder to hit, glitches on drums, too lenient vocals engine but that doesn't even give 100% on FCs, some very basic, half-assed charts among good ones. At least the strumming engine is similar to GH3.
GHVH - The few songs that are fun and challenging are actually fun for real because the engine is the most lenient of all past GH3. The timing window is always the same on every note regardless of what comes before or after. The purple notes are still broken as fuck and some strummed notes sometimes count as HOPOs. You still get some bullshit with strums vanishing, but that would mean you are not being precise enough. The vocals engine being too tight and not telling you if you're close to hitting the phrase is also annoying.
GHM - Good setlist, very lenient HOPO engine but the strumming engine is horribly tight, you have literally no back-end on fast strumming. Same vocals engine as VH, which isn't great. Shitty purple notes again.
GHSH - Same engine as Metallica down to every single detail, but the setlist isn't nearly as good.
GH5 - Strumming and HOPO engine similar to WoR's, bullshit purple notes again, broken drum kicks on fast songs, overly tight vocals engine, and shitty setlist aside from like, 10 songs.
BH - Same engine as GH5, boring setlist, bunch of very bad songs here and there.
GHL - Obvious. Even though I like the concept, I would've preferred an engine on which I don't miss notes for absolutely no reason. Literally RNG. No practice mode is also NOPE.

I might have forgotten some details but this is roughly how I feel about it now.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamHero wrote:
RobGHH wrote:
I like games to not drop notes

I dont know if you'll see this but what console do you play on? I dont think its the games fault.. I have over 100 hours on GHTV on Xbox One and tons of difficult fcs and I've never had a single issue with dropped notes. Faulty guitar?

XB1 and I'm 100% sure GHTV drops notes. I don't have any issue with GHL so the guitar is not faulty. Don't really play it much anymore though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
TacoBear  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
... and it lags (not sure for all consoles but it lags on wii for sure)

Yeah I think Wii has framerate issues with GH games in general. When I used to play GH3 and WoR on it, sometimes it would drop frames seemingly for no reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TacoBear87 PSN Name: TacoBear88
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: