ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Any good songs to master proper GH Live technique on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shredster  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Any good songs to master proper GH Live technique on? Reply with quote

Even now I'm still having a lot of trouble with the "up-down" nature of the buttons. Particularly chords requiring a black first or third finger and a white second finger throw me for a bad loop (I often forget which finger I'm moving or can't seem to move it without moving another finger). In order to nail certain phrases that require mixed color chords, I find myself having to mentally prepare for it to hit and if I don't have enough time it's a guaranteed drop.

Are there any songs you'd say are good for getting the hang of the controller? I feel like I'm capable of better but it's like re-learning how to ride a bike.
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'd recommend just playing through the GHLive setlist. There's not really any specific song that can help you with everything, but just by sheer play time you get used to chord shapes, fretting patterns and the likes.
Generally from hearing other people's experiences they have got used to the controller fairly quickly while going for the FGFC. idk if you're going for an FGFC but the likelihood is you'll get used to it with time.

Last edited by RobGHH on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man

This thread has a breakdown (or a making of the breakdown) that could help you. So I'm guessing it's chords you need help on? I would suggest chordy songs like the ending of Time + Tragedy, etc.
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobGHH wrote:
Honestly I'd recommend just playing through the GHLive setlist.
you'll get used to it with time.

This. Also you can play GH:TV for more variety.

If you're annoyed with missing the same chord everytime, watch YouTube videos of this particular chord/song and imagine how you would play it.
You can take this to the next level and take your guitar, playing along the video, so you can simulate practice mode for a particular transition to a difficult chord.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's to never growing up is good for getting the hang of chords. Love bites is good for learning how much you suck. (feels bad man)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH:TV has a boatload of easy songs to practice. I'd recommend going there and have fun learning it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: