ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ginger's GH Achievements (Sweet Emotion FC)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Ginger's GH Achievements (Sweet Emotion FC) Reply with quote

I recently picked up a nice new wired SG after going through 2 Kramer wireless guitars (both times a broken dongle). I thought I'd go back to my favourite games in the series and see if I could get a few FCs and maybe set some scores on songs I have no hope in hell of FCing.

Songs I have FCed
Songs I can FC
Songs I can't FC/haven't tried

Harmonix Guitar Heros (1/2/80s)

GH1

Expert FCs - (20/49)

I love Rock and Roll
      I Wanna Be Sedated
      Thunder Kiss 65
      Smoke On The Water
      Infected

Iron Man
      More Than A Feeling
      You Got Another Thing Comin'
      Take Me Out
      Sharp Dressed Man

Killer Queen
      Hey You
      Stellar
      Heart Full of Black
      Symphony of Destruction

Ziggy Stardust
      Fat Lip
      Cochise - I really think people underestimate the difficulty of this song... Or maybe I just suck
      Take it off
      Unsung

Spanish Castle Magic
      Higher Ground
      No One Knows
      Ace of Spades
      Crossroads

Godzilla
      Texas Flood
      Frankenstein
      Cowboys From Hell
      Bark At The Moon

Fire It Up
      Cheat on the Church
      Caveman Rejoice
      Eureka, I Found Love
      All of This
      Behind The Mask
      The Breaking Wheel - will have to take another look at this now I'm more used to the GH1 engine
      Callout
      Decontrol
      Even Rats
      Farewell Myth
      Fly On The Wall
      Get Ready 2 Rokk
      Guitar Hero
      Hey
      Sail Your Ship By
      Story of My Love

Trippolette
      Graveyard Shift - At last!

GH2

Expert FCs - (18/74)

Shout at the Devil
      Mother
      Surrender - I don't get why people think this song is so easy.
      Woman - I've FCed this before I think. Not sure on what system though
      Tonight, I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

Strutter
      Heart-Shaped Box
      Message in a Bottle
      You Really Got Me
      Carry On Wayward Son

Monkey Wrench
      Them Bones
      Search and Destroy
      Tattooed Love Boys
      War Pigs

Cherry Pie
      Who Was In My Room Last Night?
      Girlfriend
      Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
      Sweet Child O' Mine

Killing in the Name
      John the Fisherman
      Freya
      Bad Reputation
      Last Child

Crazy on You - It's gonna be hard to do this without any chokes
      Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart
      Rock This Town - Tech FCed but don't see me really doing this in one run.
      Jessica
      Stop

Madhouse
      Carry Me Home
      Laid to Rest - Tech FCed
      Psychobilly Freakout
      YYZ

Beast and the Harlot
      Institutionalized
      Misirlou - Can't strum that fast for very long. The weakness of playing righty :/
      Hangar 18
      Free Bird

Raw Dog
      Arterial Black
      Collide
      Elephant Bones
      Fall of Pangea
      FTK
      Gemini
      Push Push (Lady Lightning)
      Laughtrack
      Less Talk More Rokk]
      Jordan - After all these years I still can't pass Jordan
      Mr. Fix It
      The New Black - third RB chords after first act, glitched note?
      One for the Road
      Parasite
      Radium Eyes
      Red Lottery
      Six - I cannot strum that fast
      Soy Bomb
      The Light That Blinds - Maybe at a push I can get this
      Thunderhorse
      Trogdor
      X-Stream - Brutal tempo shifts
      Yes We Can

Xbox Exclusives
      Possum Kingdom
      Salvation
      Life Wasted
      Billion Dollar Babies -Overstrum
      Hush
      Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo
      Dead!
      The Trooper
      Drink Up
      Kicked to the Curb

GH80s

Expert FCs - (13/30)

Metal Health
      We Got The Beat
      I Ran (So Far Away)
      Balls to the Frickin' Wall
      18 And Life

No One Like You
      Shakin'
      Heat Of The Moment
      Radar Love - I've tech FCed, so I can theoretically do it
      Because, It's Midnite -Yeah... No

Holy Diver
      Turning Japanese
      Hold On Loosely - Tech FCed
      The Warrior
      I Wanna Rock

What I Like About You
      Synchronicity II
      Ballroom Blitz - Defiantly in the wrong tier
      Only A Lad
      Round And Round

Ain't Nothin But A Good Time
      Lonely Is The Night
      Bathroom Wall
      Los Angeles
      Wrathchild

Electric Eye
      Police Truck
      Seventeen
      Caught In A Mosh
      Play With Me

Dreaded Guitar Heros (GH3/GH:A)

I don't play GH3 or GH:A a great deal. I find the engine difficult to FC in. Especially GH3, where you can hold down a HO/PO a week in advance of it crossing the strike bar and still hit it. You would think the loose hit windows would make it easier. But I'm always missing notes I think I should hit and hitting notes I think I should miss. But I digress. I play these games the least frequently. Quite frankly, any FCs I get here are a miracle.

GH:3

Expert FCs - (16/70)

Songs I've FCed:

Slow Ride
      Talk Dirty to Me
      Hit Me With Your Best Shot
      Mississippi Queen
      Sunshine of Your Love
      When You Were Young
      Miss Murder
      Lay Down
      Paranoid
      My Name is Jonas
      Sabotage
      Closer
      Generation Rock
      Metal Heavy Lady
      Radio Song
      She Bangs the Drums

GH:A

Expert FCs - (9/41)
    - This one's still a WIP

Songs I've FCed:

Dream Police
      All the Young Dudes
      Make It
      Uncle Salty
      Draw the Line
      No Suprise
      Sweet Emotion
      Complete Control
      She Sells Sanctuary

Last edited by GingerBraFace on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 49 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice start! i don't play the hmx guitar heroes as i don't have a ps2 (yet, maybe i can find someone that lives around me that has one x)

I do have guitar hero smash hits tho, and has songs from the hmx guitar heroes and gh3. pretty cool

anyways, good luck with them fcs
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated this thread to be a bit more detailed. Gotten rid of GH2 stuff, as I've barely touched it so far.

I will add more detail to GH80s when I'm going for some more FCs. For now I'm just focusing on GH1.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' update bump. I've FCed Graveyard shift. I had another go at Infected and overstrummed in the same place. -1ed on Ace of Spades. Hopefully I can get those last 2 this weekend at some point. After that I might start going for FCs on GH80s again. With any luch I'll be able to get in the top 500 for GH1 if I can get Ace of Spades and Infected. If not then FML I guess.

I've also started posting my scores on instagram and linking them here. Just hover over the song to check if it's a hyper link. There's only a couple right now, but I'll try to get some more up soon.

UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man, that sucks about the overstrum and the -1. Atleast you got one of the most annoying songs in GH history over with
And btw, I've never played GH1 or GH80s. I played GH2 for one weekend and it was pretty good. I'm a wii player so I'll have to find/buy a ps2 or find a friend with one :P.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the past week I've...

gotten 2 more 80s FCs (What I Like About You & Heat of the Moment).

failed to get Farewell Myth and Ace of Spades another 20 times!

started on GH2. So far I have 3 FCs (Heart Shaped Box, Message in a Bottle, Monkey Wrench). I'm going to wait until I have a score set for every song before updating the main post.

I have at least two more FCs I reckon I can get on 80s. I could probably grind out at least 5 more if I was to grind them in practise mode. But I want to get some scores set for GH2 before I get too bogged down. I'm already having enough trouble with GH1

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on What I Like About You! That song can go die in a fire. You can probably get a fair bit more on 80's. Lonely Is the Night/Bathroom Wall/18 and Life/Police Truck at least! And probably Hold On Loosely/Wrathchild as well. Also, should 100% give The Breaking Wheel another shot someday soon, not... hard per-se, just /very/ fucking annoying. (Tip, don't give a shit about SP) Best of luck on GH2! Should be able to get to 25-30ish .
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Great job on What I Like About You!

Thank you It was a pain to get. But that's half the fun...I guess XD
PinkiePie91 wrote:
You can probably get a fair bit more on 80's. Lonely Is the Night/Bathroom Wall/18 and Life/Police Truck at least! And probably Hold On Loosely/Wrathchild as well.

Those are, more or less, the songs I think I can get as well. I've tech-fced Hold on Loosely and Police truck. But getting it in one run is the trick that I am yet to nail. Hopefully soon though!
PinkiePie91 wrote:
Also, should 100% give The Breaking Wheel another shot someday soon, not... hard per-se, just /very/ fucking annoying. (Tip, don't give a shit about SP)

LOL. I really suck at strummy songs like that. It was hard enough getting Los Angeles. Once I've gotten Ace of Spades and Farewell Myth (my game always skips or lags on farewell myth!) I'll give it another look for sure

GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Progress Update Reply with quote

No progress on GH1 this week beyond improving a few scores. But no new FCs or optimal paths or anything exciting.

For GH2, I got Cherry Pie and John the Fisherman sightread FCs. I'm slowly but surely getting through GH2 :D

This week I've gone to my parents' house, which means I have my XB360 So I've been playing a lot of BH this week. So far, I think my best bass FCs have been Believe and Bad Reputation.

Band Hero slightly distracted me with its cheesy but wonderful setlist I'm still annoyed to not even have a Farewell Myth FC. It's not even hard, I don't know why I keep missing ><

GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH2 is finally done!!!

It's been a few weeks since I've updated this thread. But hopefully some of you are interested in what I've done in that time. I've been playing GH2 almost exclusively. I've got 18 FCs + 1 100% OS on Billion Dollar Babies.

I've had a constant problem with the lag being all over the place in GH2. Not an issue I had with either GH80s or GH1. It might be caused from loading it using OPL rather than from the disc. But my GH2 disc is in the loft, so I'm kinda stuck there. It causes the HO/POs to be a bit less reliable than in GH80s. Not a massive problem though as a strum almost every note anyway.

Next up is GH:A if I can get it to run properly. If not, I'll play it on PS2. I'm also going to be going for orange songs in the hope of picking up a few more.

Oh yeah, I'm also doing a few easy and medium FCs. But nobody really cares about them do they? ;D

Love you really Ultra & void <3

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gasp* you wound me!

But srs, good luck. You're gonna have to learn to not strum all the notes outside of GH1, though. It's really impractical since the HO/POs aren't as restrictive GH2 onwards (not counting anything like lag; I recommend playing on a CRTV for the HMX-era games anyways).

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recommend playing on a CRTV for anything >.>
the only bad thing about CRTV's is sometimes the stats screens make it hard to read stuff etc, which is why some of my pictures (especially for RB) come out shitty x)
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
But srs, good luck. You're gonna have to learn to not strum all the notes outside of GH1, though. It's really impractical since the HO/POs aren't as restrictive GH2 onwards (not counting anything like lag; I recommend playing on a CRTV for the HMX-era games anyways).

Thanks man My tendency to strum HO/POs is the big reason I don't play GH3 very much. I'm hoping GH:A's slightly improved engine might help ease me out of the habit. I guess time will tell. :)

As for the CRT, I have one I might be able to rig up at some point. But I don't have space at my parent's house. When I move into my new place, hopefully I will be lag-free I can finally get Ace of Spades FCed!

BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job with your FCs so far! I see you've gotten at least a few of the really annoying ones on each game; Even Rats, Red Lottery, Tattooed Love Boys, and What I Like About You are all songs I wouldn't want to have to do again (actually I do find Tattooed Love Boys kind of fun and Even Rats is good to listen to, but both still suck to FC). Also, great job with the SRFCs of Cherry Pie and John the Fisherman; that's some pretty solid sightreading.

Another thing: While I would certainly recommend taking voided's advice regarding using HOPOs, being able to strum things is very useful at times in other games (such as when there are a lot of random/forced strums), so be proud of that skill. Definitely don't try that in GH3 though. It's kind of the anti-GH1...instead of having to strum everything, you pretty much have to HOPO everything that you can in that game to be consistent. This makes strumming songs like Knights of Cydonia and Don't Hold Back VERY annoying.

Quote:
i recommend playing on a CRTV for anything >.>

Second this. CRT is the way to go for these games. It eliminates the issue of lag pretty much entirely; the only game I've had to calibrate my CRT for was Rock Band 3.

UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with Bob, that's the only game I need to calibrate too, usually for drums because on wii. Also, same with vocals sometimes. Idk if it's my tv or my calibration or something but when I try to play gh3 on my wii, there's a super big delay/lag. I have both audio and video on 0 so I really don't know why it's just that game
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: