ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 - Hopo notes and force notes? Editor On Fire?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockBandKing  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: GH3 - Hopo notes and force notes? Editor On Fire? Reply with quote

I'm trying to do a project for GH3 but i don't know how to get hopo notes and force notes working with EOF.

Thank you.
Shnyggelz  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afaik there is a HOPO section under 'notes' tab where u can force HOPOs, but i don't know if this is working with guitar hero 3

besides, the editor has an own forum, check it out:

http://customsforge.com/forum/54-editor-on-fire/
RockBandKing  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shnyggelz wrote:
afaik there is a HOPO section under 'notes' tab where u can force HOPOs, but i don't know if this is working with guitar hero 3

besides, the editor has an own forum, check it out:

http://customsforge.com/forum/54-editor-on-fire/

I got everything marked in eof but they don't convert them.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you're asking the right questions. EOF writes HOPO notations in a way that works with Phase Shift (FoF doesn't support them). Are you wanting to convert a Phase Shift formatted MIDI for use in Guitar Hero 3, or are you wanting to port Guitar Hero 3 songs to Phase Shift?
RockBandKing  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I don't think you're asking the right questions. EOF writes HOPO notations in a way that works with Phase Shift (FoF doesn't support them). Are you wanting to convert a Phase Shift formatted MIDI for use in Guitar Hero 3, or are you wanting to port Guitar Hero 3 songs to Phase Shift?

Phase Shift To GH3
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using existing tools like the MIDI<->chart converter(s)?
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try midtochart first. But I always convert my charts by importing the EoF midi into feedback, then using the old replace "E *" with "N 5 0" trick.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also consider EOF's GHWT style MIDI. It is designed to work with Buldy's MIDI to chart converter (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110650). It may prevent the need to convert to chart format and then manually edit.
plumato  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use GoulartGH's mid2chart, it converts forced notes.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
LocalH  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I don't like about EoF's .chart import is that it turns GRYBO into an open strum, even on gtr. I primarily use it for Phase Shift output at the moment, and open strums on guitar crash the game

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
The only thing I don't like about EoF's .chart import is that it turns GRYBO into an open strum, even on gtr. I primarily use it for Phase Shift output at the moment, and open strums on guitar crash the game

I've not had that issue importing feedback charts. Are you sure you haven't got some setting in EoF that's causing the open strums?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current versions of EOF import 5 lane chords from Feedback files as open strum notes. This is easy to override in a few seconds after import if you want, but I'm probably going to leave this behavior in place. There just isn't any really good reason in general for 5 button chords.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of high-end customs (FL customs, etc) that use 5-note chords. Also, I was unable to get the workaround you gave me (select all lane 6 gems, use shift+1 through shift+5 to add each lane of the real chord, then shift+6 to disable the open strum) to work, so I've been having to scroll through the chart looking for lane 6 gems and edit each one manually. I really wish you'd make it a preferences option, because if I miss one, it causes PS to crash at that point. There is even less of a reason to import open notes on guitar, as I don't know of any 5-lane rhythm game that supports such a note, and for those of us working with GH3 charts, there is zero reason to have to deal with open notes at all.

Not bashing on EoF, as I very much prefer the interface to that of dB. I just really wish this one point wasn't such an issue.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EOF won't allow you to add a gem on any other lane if it's an open strum note. Pressing down to transpose them to a lane 5 gem will allow you to then use SHIFT+1 through SHIFT+4 to add the other 4 gems for those notes.

I thought Phase Shift was supposed to support open strum guitar notes, hopefully they will fix it some day. It's still allowed for GHWT authoring though. I still prefer EOF importing them this way because 5 lane chords are still considered terrible technique every time I've ever heard about them, and I can only imagine 5 lane chord use is more common for this purpose (ie. other GH tools that interpret them this way).

You can use select like (CTRL+L) to ensure every open note in the current track difficulty is selected so they are all edited out and none of them will never accidentally be left over. As a failsafe, you can always disable the "Track>Phase Shift>Enable open strum" for any track in the project before you save the project and open notes will not end up in the MIDI file that is created.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but feel like this counts as thread hijacking :P

EDIT: Nobody listens to the Ginger

Last edited by GingerBraFace on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: