ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FSFC Info?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That explication by me was terrible, never mind I guess
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, personally, be inclined to include any games that are called Guitar Hero. Including the DS games and GH:L. As that would, I think undeniably, encompass everybodies' vision of what constitutes a FSFC. Though if one's opinion differs (for example, maybe they don't include any of the spin-offs) I certainly wouldn't, and I don't think anyone else would, deny them their achievement. Seeing as a FSFC is something that very few people can achieve, I see no harm in bending the definition slightly depending on the individuals limitations. As Ultra said, maybe someone can't access the PS2 games, so they consider a FS to be all the games on a particular console. It's still a hell of an achievement in my eyes.

tl;dr: each to their own.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Ginger explained my point better. Thanks dude.
Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it still is a great achievement to get those FGFCs, but couldn't we have different names for the different types? Ex, Xbox360FSFC, MainSeriesFSFC, etc.? That way, you can be more specific.

It would be similar to if you were playing baseball, and you hit a homerun. It is considered a two run homerun if there is someone on base, three run homerun if two are on base, and a Grand Slam if there are three on base. The only difference here is that it takes no skill from the person that hit the homerun to have someone else on base before you.

This could prevent a situation like this.

Person 1: I got the FSFC today, so glad it is over.
Person 2: I thought you couldn't FC anything on Band Hero
Person 1: I didn't
Person 2: Then you don't have the FSFC
Person 1: Well, it is my version of a FSFC
Person 2: Well, my version of a FSFC is a GH5 FGFC
Person 1: That doesn't even make any sense
Person 2: I don't consider the others part of the series
Person 1: But the other ones say "Guitar Hero" in the front
Person 2: Well if we go that way, what about the DS games? You don't even own a DS
Person 1: Those don't count
Person 2: Well they have "Guitar Hero" in front
Person 1: But it doesn't work the same way.
Person 2: Then I bet you didn't consider GHL part of the FSFC either
Person 1: I didn't, it also doesn't work the same way
Person 2: Dude, you didn't get the FSFC, you are a faker and liar. I can never trust you again.

While Person 1's achievement is still great, Person 2 cannot appreciate what Person 1 did, and as a result, broke their friendship that I did not mention they had before. This probably won't be as severe if and when it happens. I guarantee that someone will come out of that type of conversation butthurt, but I think it can be avoided if we have different types of FSFCs that are decided on for definitive cutoffs. I don't think A FGFC of Aerosmith should count for an FSFC if that is the only game they can afford though. Mainly because it is just one game and that already has a title.

Sorry for the abundance of examples.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixstringcal wrote:

While Person 1's achievement is still great, Person 2 cannot appreciate what Person 1 did, and as a result, broke their friendship that I did not mention they had before.

Most people on this forum are quite friendly. I doubt anybody would shoot their achievement down like that (unless this has happened and I'm not aware of it).

Usually if someone gets a conditional achievement (like xbox fsfc) they'll specify. Again, I've never seen an instance where someone claims to have gotten a FSFC without the conditions being clear.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah we wont bash someone else because he claim something it's not "right". we're all friendly here and will encourage/push each other to the next step. heck, i'm even given thumbs up and asked what i'll do next and im mostly playing easy/medium only.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was supposed to be a dramatization (may not be the right word, really tired and can't think) I don't actually think anything that serious would ever happen or even close. I don't think anyone would ever bash an achievement like that either. It was more meant to describe the confusion and I don't remember why put what I put at the end, because it should have been about the confusion. I do think it would be cool if we could have standardized terms for different people's ideas of FSFCs to avoid it, but then, someone will always feel left out that their type of fsfc is not a true fsfc maybe?
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
yeah we wont bash someone else because he claim something it's not "right". we're all friendly here and will encourage/push each other to the next step. heck, i'm even given thumbs up and asked what i'll do next and im mostly playing easy/medium only.

same lol

tbh this stuff is the reason I mostly play bass.
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
tbh this stuff is the reason I mostly play bass.

BTW I'm going for an FSFC on Bass, do I need to do BH and handhelds too ?

Personally I would count them out for Guitar and Bass. I still FGFC'd BH on Guitar because at this time I wasn't as good as today, and it was still a bit of a challenge. But doing Bass today, I'm not sure lol.

Sixstringcal wrote:
someone will always feel left out that their type of fsfc is not a true fsfc maybe?

If someday handhelds are considered part of the true FSFC, I won't give a fuck tbh.
But if everyone with FSFC Bass did FGFC BH and if I feel left out because without BH I don't have true FSFC, well I'll just go FGFC it then lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its silly not to include BH imo, it's piss easy anyway. the songs are cheesy and fun to play.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
its silly not to include BH imo, it's piss easy anyway. the songs are cheesy and fun to play.

I agree with this tbh. I remember back in like, 2010-something when I first got BH and I wasn't good (and before I discovered scorehero I guess?), I couldn't pass Kung Fu Fighting on X Guitar LOL. It's a guilty pleasure game for me, I like the colors tbh.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean you're on the one doing it, so I guess do whatever you consider to be the games. If you don't consider Band Hero as part of it, don't do it. But if you leave out anything other than Band Hero, Live, or the DS games, people are gonna call you out on it if you plan on posting about it here.
xLif  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, FC all the on-disc (no DLC or secret tracks like trippolette or graveyard shift) guitar tracks in these games for a FSFC. include the GH2 360 exclusives if thats your platform of choice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a side note, what would the order of difficulty be for FCing each game on expert guitar? I'd assume the at the bottom would be Band Hero, Aerosmith and Live, but the others are tricky. I'll attempt to make a list from easiest to hardest.

Band Hero- Never played this one, but everyone says it's insanely easy, like the hardest thing to FC in this game would be equivalent to something like Search and Destroy from GH2.

Aerosmith- Some tough ones here, but nothing in the impossible category. Still WAY harder than Band Hero though.

Guitar Hero Live- I think getting used to the new controller is the biggest hurdle here. Songs like Love Bites are real tough but outside of maybe 5 or 6 songs, I think it's just a matter of getting used to the new button layout.

Guitar Hero 5- Outside of Scatterbrain, 20the Century Schizoid Man and a few other songs, there's really nothing too bad in this one. Nothing Jordan level here as far as I remember.

World Tour- This is here the list gets tough for me to rank. Minus Satch Boogie, which is easily top 10 hardest FC in the series material, not much here is too bad. Those last few sets can be tough, but if you take out Satch Boogie, I'd say it's around GH5 difficulty.

Guitar Hero 1- This one is tough to rank because there is a completely different skill set needed Herr than every other game in the series. If you can't alt strum solos you better get used to it because hopos are basically broken in this game. There a fee really tough ones to FC here, Bark at the Moon being so incredibly difficult due to having to strum the insanely fast solo.

80s Edition- I thought about putting this below GH1, but I think the evil duo of Because it's Midnite and Ballroom Blitz takes the cake here. Insanity.

Smash Hits- TTFAF...that is all. Without that, this one would be lower. Even though TTFAF is as insane as it is, one song doesn't make it go up in the rankings all that much. Theres a bunch of tough ones in here though, so this game is no walk in the park.

Metallica- This one is very close to Smash Hits in difficulty, but I feel Metallica is tougher just because there are more songs that are harder to FC overall. Then you have War Ensemble.

Guitar Hero 2- Jordan, Misirlou, Beast and the Harlot, Six, the list goes on. This game is just insane.

Guitar Hero 3- Again we have TTFAF, which I believe is even harder to FC in this version, and then there's the solo in One, and a shit ton of other songs that are in insane. Even with a much more lenient engine, I think this game is a bit harder to FC than GH2.

Warriors of Rock- Hardest game in the series to pass and five star hands down, with only Van Halen giving it some competition. This game is just insane, and is filled with ridiculous songs that are incredibly difficult to FC. Have fun.

Van Halen- Some of the songs in the game just go above and beyond insanity, I mean the charting is ridiculous in this one. I played this game last, and for the first time since GH3, I was left wide eyed looking at how crazy difficult some of these charts are. Then you have I'm The One which is one of the hardest, if not THE hardest songs to FC in the entire series.

I'm wondering, what would the list be like for hard?
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give an approximation on Hard, excluding GHL because I've never played it.

Band Hero - Not much here. Even it's hardest Expert song, Black Cat, is piss-easy on hard.
Aerosmith - Not much better than BH. Only TKaR and JPGB were difficult, IIRC. Maybe Mercy.
Guitar Hero 5 - Actually has difficult songs, but they aren't hard.
Smash Hits - TTFaF only.
Metallica - Disposable Heroes and One. That's about it. Maybe Dyer's Eve, but I doubt it. I don't really include Master of Puppets
World Tour - Satch, Hot For Teacher.
80s - Electric Eye and Because It's MIdnite. And Nothin' But a Good Time.
Van Halen - Eruption, Spanish Fly, and I could see I'm the One being a problem.
Warriors of Rock - BWoLP, This Day, Chemical Warfare.
Guitar Hero 1 - Texas Flood, Bark at the Moon, Fly on the Wall. The engine doesn't help.
Guitar Hero 3 - Raining Blood, One, TTFaF, Take This Life, Knights of Cydonia, FCPREMIX
Guitar Hero 2 - TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR! Also Fall of Pangea, Free Bird, Hangar 18, and others, but mainly TROOOOOGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

This isn't definitive, and I don't remember the charts for every single song since most of my HFSFC -3 happened years ago, but I think it's solid.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: