ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Expected FCs at 200/211 and 600/660?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Expected FCs at 200/211 and 600/660? Reply with quote

Because I'm very close to both of these goals at the moment (198/597), I have become very curious about exactly what they mean to people. As in, what FCs are you expected to have at 200/211 and at 600/660? I'll do an analysis of 200/211, but I'm really not so sure about what 600/660 is supposed to look like. In my accomplishment thread, alexhaz64 was kind enough to provide the following breakdown of game-by-game goals to hit exactly 600:

40/56/24/67/40/81/44/45/82/41/80

(to be clear, this is referring to GH1/GH2/GH80s/GH3/GHA/GHWT/GHM/GHSH/GH5/GHVH/GHWoR)

So for 200/211...I think it clearly starts with getting to 40/56/24/67 on GH1/GH2/GH80s/GH3. That takes care of the "easy" songs and gets you to 187/211. Then you have to get 13 more from among the 24 hardest songs in those games, namely:

GH1 (7): Frankenstein, Cowboys from Hell, Texas Flood, Decontrol, Get Ready 2 Rokk, Fire It Up, Bark at the Moon

GH2 (8):
The Light That Blinds, Institutionalized, Six, Misirlou, Hangar 18, Beast and the Harlot, Trogdor, Jordan

GH80s (6): Seventeen, Round and Round, Electric Eye, Play With Me, Because, It's Midnite, Ballroom Blitz

GH3 (3): Raining Blood, One, Through the Fire and Flames

The question is, which should one go for on the way to 200? And which can one safely ignore? Of course there are some obvious answers to both questions, but I think there is also plenty of wiggle room depending on personal strengths and weaknesses. Based on the community breakdown project, these are considered the 11 hardest of the O211 (Trogdor NTSC removed for obvious reasons):

201) Beast and the Harlot (GH2)
202) Raining Blood (GH3)
203) Because, It's Midnite (GH80s)
204) Get Ready 2 Rokk (GH1)
205) Trogdor (PAL) (GH2)
206) Fire It Up (GH1)
207) Jordan (GH2)
208) Bark At The Moon (GH1)
209) Ballroom Blitz (GH80s)
210) One (GH3)
211) Through The Fire And Flames (GH3)

So if you can get any of those, you can afford to have a weakness farther down the list...if not, you have to get everything else. The 200th-ranked song is Hangar 18. Personally, I have 2 FCs from within that top 11 list (Beast and the Harlot, Fire It Up) but I'm also missing 4 from outside it (The Light That Blinds, Round and Round, Play With Me, Hangar 18).

One interesting aspect is the position of Beast and the Harlot at 201...right on the edge. That song is made noticeably easier if you're on PAL. So in that case...does that make it easier than Hangar 18? I think it does.

Another thing...Symphony of Destruction was actually ranked by the community as harder than The Light That Blinds, Seventeen, and Round and Round (and I know some people think it's harder than Frankenstein). So maybe the "starting point" should actually be 39/56/24/67 (186) and add Symphony of Destruction to the GH1 list of targets.

Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be cool to FC from hardest to easiest out of what is left. Because in theory, it would probably make them seem easier and easier as you go down. Effectively making a one FC seem easier than it should have been if you FC TTFAF before it.

If that is what you were asking.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safely Ignore: One, TTFAF, BB, BiM, Trogdor, Jordan, BatM.

Iffy: FiU, TF, BatH, H18, Raining Blood.
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 13 easiest of those I would say are
GH1: Frankenstein, Decontrol
GH2: TLTB, Institutionalized, Six, Misirlou, Hangar 18
GH80s: All except BB
GH3: RaBl
With the hardest of those being H18 which I could probably say is neck and neck with CfH for me. Easiest would be Seventeen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a rough guess at what base FC count you should have, and what songs you potentially might not have/might want to get for each game. Songs in green are more likely than the others; I listed a few more if you have a special strength in a particular game/song.
GH1 - Should have at least 37 - Potentially CotC, SCM, SoD, Franky, CFH
GH2 - 54 - Gemini, Free Bird, TLTB, Institutionalized, Six, BatH
80s - 24 - Seventeen, RaR, EE, PWM
GH3 - 65 - FCPREMIX, TWiE, RaBl
GHA - 40
WT - 77 - SAF, Crazy Train, PMU, Overkill, Mr. Crowley, LRM
GHM - 40 - HTL, Evil, Whiplash, FFWF (Though personally I find everything in GHM super hard )
GHSH - 43 - Free Bird, Rabl, PBFO
GH5 - 82 - DWEDFN, Scatterbrain
GHVH - 40 - Little Guitars, Romeo Delight, YRGM
GHWoR - 80 - Nemesis, Burn, Holy Wars, SFTSG, YCS(RiA), TDWF IYWPPFW

I took the first number from SpoonMan/JosephLs breakdown lists, and then stopped where I thought there was a significant difficulty change.
This gets you a base of 582, 600 with the green songs, and 626 otherwise. Getting exactly 600 with the green was a complete accident, but I think it's a pretty good list.

Overall, I think the base FC totals for GH2,80s,GH3,GHA, SH, VH and GH5 are pretty good. There might be a little more variation in the other games due to GH1 engine being wonky, WT having more troublesome purple notes and guitar battles, and GHM and WoR just having so many hard songs. So if you were to argue the base count was too high, then you could probably take out songs from those totals.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the 211 part...
Here you get 180/189/198. For 200, I'd add Texas Flood, Decontrol, Misirlou and H18 to the potential list for a total of 202.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have about the same list as Johnny, but make holy wars Green
HeroMaster47  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for GH1 or 80s, but looking at GH2 and what I think I would expect to have FCs for at 200/211, I'd be looking at TLTB, Inst, Six, Misirlou and H18 (maybe). To me, as someone who isn't at that level yet, I see those as being the songs in GH2 that I could realistically have when nearing 200.

As for 600, Johnny's list is quite good. GHM might have a bit more variance because like him, I also find GHM to have quite a lot of hard songs. I would probably green everything in GHWoR up to and including SFTSG, since they're the easiest of the "elite" songs in that game. I did a little messing around with the numbers, and I have 44 for GHSH, since I find everything that isn't the last 4 songs to not be that hard, and 42 for VH, which greens Romeo Delight as well. So if one had more trouble with GH1 or WT, it gives a few more options for songs to go for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: