ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Dropping Notes Randomly in "The New Black" (GH2/PS2/PAL) [SOLVED]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Dropping Notes Randomly in "The New Black" (GH2/PS Reply with quote

I've been trying to FC "The New Black" all day. But I've got a bit of an issue with the verse passage that goes:

I inconsistently seem to be dropping a green note in random places. I've recorded myself playing and my strumming sounds consistent. Has anybody got any tips for getting around this?

Here's a video of me playing, so you can see exactly what I mean: https://youtu.be/C55mwFSe5x0

EDIT:

So it turns out this issue was being caused by playing GH from a HDD using FMCB. I was playing GH2 on my slim PS2 (which obviously hasn't got a space for a HDD) and I wasn't dropping notes I felt like I should be hitting. So I switched back to my fat PS2 and tried dropping the disc in instead. Suddenly I could hit the notes that have eluded me for so long.

Interestingly, I couldn't notice any difference with GH1 or GH80s. This seems to be unique to GH2. So it's possible that this is unique to the PAL version as well.

Thought I'd update this on the off chance anybody else ever has this issue.

Last edited by GingerBraFace on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see (camera is a little too far away, might wanna try again :P), you may be strumming the two greens a little early. Other than that, I don't really see anything else. Sorry :s
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I slowed down your video. You seem to be switching to the chord too early, resulting in strumming a green and two chords instead of two greens and a chord. Are you having the same problem with other songs? I've been doing that same mistake a lot with the part of Psychobilly Freakout, back in the days. It's actually a pretty common mistake.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
I slowed down your video. You seem to be switching to the chord too early, resulting in strumming a green and two chords instead of two greens and a chord. Are you having the same problem with other songs? I've been doing that same mistake a lot with the part of Psychobilly Freakout, back in the days. It's actually a pretty common mistake.

I guess that's what happens when a lefty tries to conform to the twisted ways of the righty. It could well be the case though. I'll try to make a concious effort to switch later and see if that helps.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

I figured out what was causing this. I've updated the OP accordingly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: