ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
issue with xbox slim and audio desynchronise on all guitar hero games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yelgo  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: issue with xbox slim and audio desynchronise on all guitar h Reply with quote

hi,

I have a strange issue with my last 2 new xbox 360 slim and i hope i can find some help here,

all my guitar hero games are losing calibration while playing, i can calibrate perfeclty the games and play for 30 seconds until the lag keeps increasing during any song until i can't even hit a single note, it affects all the gh games and all the songs on disc and dlc ( the games doesn't lag but stutter at some point but barely noticeable ) and slowly but surely lose calibration, it happens on guitar hero 3 / world tour / gh metallica and warriors of rock,
i also play rockband 3 but strangely this game is not affected.

if i pause the song and resume the calibration comes back to normal until it starts stuttering again, so the only solution to actually finish a song is to pause the game every 30sec... try to fc a song like this xD

i tried everything i could, component vga hdmi, different resolution 2 tv, one gaming lcd screen, playing on cd or installing the games, i even bought a second copy of gh metallica and gh 3 in both pal and ntsc just for a try... same problem... i have an xplorer guitar and a wireless lespaul but the controller aren't the issue since i can fc all my songs on rock band 3.

i play rythm games since 8 years and i know how to calibrate my games, my old fat xbox didn't have this problem, when it died i bought a slim that didn't give me this issue either.

18 months ago i moved to another country and only bring my games with me and bought a xbox slim here that start giving me this problem and had it replace at the store a few month ago with the actual one that do exactly the same.

i found a few people with the same problem, one solve it by sending it to microsoft to repair the console, the other one factory reset his xbox, i tried to factory reset mine but problem still there...

this problem is making me crazy, it doesn't make any sense !
i gave up playing gh games because of this and i thought today that i should post that here, nobody was able to help me on microsoft official forums and other forums i posted since months.

After searching on internet i found a few persons having the same issues and it seems to be the xbox itself that produce this ( it seems that some slim xbox do that with guitar hero )

here are a few forums with similar issue :

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/222567/songs-developing-a-lag-as-they-progress

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/f/8/p/307424/1614418.aspx

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110993

i actually play on a benq xl2430t 144hz monitor with HDMI cable and Component Cable Audio at the same time, audio goes directly to my 2.1 speakers, rock band 3 plays perfectly like this with 0 ms audio and 20 video, all my other ( non musical games ) plays fine.

is my xbox slim faulty ? am i unlucky and got 2 bad batch of xbox slim in a row ? i'm lost...anyone have a solution or ever had this problem problem ?

Thanks a lot for reading me and trying to help.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been known that xbox slim are causing trouble yes.

http://www.rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1794757&sid=fffe4bd04674305ee76277305b61906e

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
it's been known that xbox slim are causing trouble yes.

http://www.rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1794757&sid=fffe4bd04674305ee76277305b61906e

thank you for the answer, are all the slim affected ?so i guess the only solution is to find a old fat xbox.

it sounds crazy that it is not fixed since slim came out, i am pretty sure there are still a lot of gh players on xbox 360 but not a lot of people talking about this.

there are no known solution to this ? on the 2 forums i posted in my original post 2 people fixed it with rma and factory reset of the xbox, there must be something.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not an xbox player and therefor cannot help you with that. I only have a fat xbox to play the exclusives DLC on GH2/GH3/WoR. Otherwise everything else is on ps3.

Im sure there's more tech-skilled players here that can help you with that,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ONLY 360 slims I've used that don't have this issue are the Glossy ones and the Halo Reach Limited Edition one. The Matte Black ones in particular are horrific with it. I went through probably 5 and they all had the problem. As soon as I got a hold of a Glossy one, I never noticed an issue again. My solution is to get yourself an older style xbox, or get a Glossy xbox slim.
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have noted in my other thread, the newest xbox 360 model, the xbox 360 E, has the very same sync issue as the matte xbox 360 slim. But I have also been able to confirm that what Bradmasta says about the glossy xbox 360 slim is absolutely right.

Turns out that I was wrong about the order of release of these consoles. I thought the glossy was newer than the matte, but that's not how it was. So it's not too surprising that the xbox 360 E keeps having the problem that the matte had.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: