ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
VL 6/21: GH3 Top 1K, GHA/BH/LRB/GDRB Top 100!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I am, back on the flipside. Here's to hoping I haven't completely atrophied in playing this way over the next couple of months.

The goal this time around is simply the continuation of my goal earlier this year. I got 15 out of 22 so far (excluding 1, 80s, Live and RB4/PS4), and in the upcoming days I'll be ranking all but 2, and maybe 3: All, Guitar and Guitar Hero 3. All will go down quite rapidly as more scores are input, and of the big 3 it's already the lowest, so that will likely be the 20th one that I knock down. Due to both GH3's prolificness and how much Guitar is played compared to everything else, those two I'm probably only going to shoot for getting down to the top 10K, maybe more if I'm lucky. The end goal will thus be to get the other 3 games down (WT, GHA and GHM) alongside Hard, and hopefully All will get to the top 1000 in the meantime to make 20 in the top 1K. Probably not, considering that I need ~140mil just to break that milestone, but...who knows?

I think, in the end, I will push myself to do at least 20 by the time I'm done. It's nice and even, and given what else is there I only need to push one; and technically I'll be pushing two since the one game that's the highest also only has one instrument! Well, hopefully, anyways.

Here's to more improvement and good scores.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you've been making some progress on lefty flip. It sounds like it'd keep things interesting. It sounds like it's like learning GH from the beginning again.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some, it does, and absolutely. I have to admit, at the very start of this I expected to have a...not necessarily steep learning curve in the sense that each step was almost exponentially harder, but that once I got some of the basic stuff down I'd skyrocket up to where my main problems would be getting the speed that I have as righty on Lefty as well; stuff like just knowing where my hands are and having no problems with hitting any kind of note or general pattern would've just...come to me.

That has definitely not been the case, which is probably how it should be, but what can I say?

Three of the bigger hurdles I seem to be having are: Fretting slower-ish trills (like the Verse 2 BO one in In Love) or triplets of any kind, figuring out how to mark when I'm done with alt-strumming since I can't seem to tell myself if I ended on an up or down-strum, and managing the transition up and down from 1st and 2nd positions without losing my place. and each of these are ones that just need repetition and time to get down rather than any one magic fix. Fretting in general seems to be a real big hit or miss, unless it's mixed in with one of the above in which case it's an absolute miss.

As an update, I had made some claims initially before I had updated my spreadsheet fully. It's actually going to be the case that Hard is going to hit the top 1000 before GH3, Guitar or All do; GH3 has 40-ish-M left, Guitar has 136m, and all has just bout 136m left, while everything else combined has just about 40m on the games plus an extra 40m on Hard. It seems likely that I'll get WT, M, and GHA down and with that I'll put Hard under 1K, and then at that point I'll have to call back in the other two difficulties for GH3 (or just stay on Hard until GH3 is done, I haven't quite decided yet).

As a plus, though, my new drumkit finally came in! I won't be able to do much tomorrow because of the 4th of July, but Thursday I'll be able to get going!

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank-ups:
All: Now 4443rd
Hard: Now at 974th (Top 1000!)
PS3: Now at 407th
Guitar: Now at 12909th
Drums: Now a 1237th
Guitar Hero 3: Now at 15974th
Aerosmith: Now at 1809th
World Tour: Now at 2928th
Metallica: Now at 1738th

14m in basically 3 days? That's pretty good. Well, the bulk of it was Wednesday and Thursday, though I did get some GHA and GH3 done earlier on.

I...probably should've marked what each rank was at when I started, as now I don't know how much I've actually gone up compared to before. Guess I'll just start that now. Hard actually passed under the top 1000 as well, though I'm admittedly kinda hesitant to stop playing just Hard right now. Both because I'm feeling stubborn and because I am kinda getting into a groove now. I mean, I'm not good, by any means, but I'm getting better. Besides, I'm pretty sure that GHA, GHM, and WT can all be placed in the top 1000 just on Hard alone now.

I think my previously-stated goal for GH3 was just top 10K, so that's what I'm gonna lower it to. Same with All, down to probably 2.5K or so? The main games are definitely gonna fall for 20/23, which is probably where I'll have to stop for now. The next time around, I will definitely re-open everything to shoot for the top 500.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank-ups:
All: +1695 to 2749th
PS3: +134 to 274th
Hard: +494 to 381st (Top 500!)
Guitar: +4720 to 8190th (Top 10K!)
Drums: +508 to 730th (Top 1000!)
Guitar Hero 3: +7436 to 8539th (top 10K!)
Aerosmith: +1051 to 759th (Top 1000!)
World Tour: +540 to 2389th
Metallica: +923 to 816th (Top 1000!)

Holy shit. 30 million in one week. On Lefty. I'm telling you, GH drums has so many fucking points it's ridiculous. Thanks to this one single week, I've met practically every single goal I wanted to do, and in less than a month since I restarted--less than half a month, actually!

The only real odd one out is World Tour, but that's to be expected since that one had the biggest differential outside of Guitar and GH3. I will likely at least take the rest of July (less, if that's the way it goes) to get WT over the top 1000, and then I'll be done for this go-around.

It's not so much that I had a lot of time on my hands--relatively speaking, I think I'll have more next week than I did this week because I don't close at all until next Sunday--but that as far as point generation goes, GH Drums is so OP with kicks being 75 points and normal ones being 50 (and if you find accents, which granted only appear on Hard and Expert and maybe rarely Medium, the normal ones are 75 points as well!). GHM in particular this time around had a lot of points just because of the genre that Metallica plays; metal thrash beats may be dificult to combo but they have so many notes (and therefore points) packed into each measure if you can combo them.

Let's see, what else...GHA Hard and GH3 HDLC are both complete fully. yes, I don't have a score for Georgia, but that song is so hard even on Hard that even as a Righty I still have trouble keeping up with it. I knew full well I wasn't going to pass it, and since I have scores for everything except the deleted DLC I consider it finished. My best guess for where I'll end up on GH3 in general still points toward a possible narrow top 500 finish, but without reaching into my PS2 copy or getting good enough for Expert I'm not going to get much farther than that, if I reach top 500 at all. GHA has a better ticket to top 500 as it shouldn't be that big a leap upon finishing Easy, but then I'm also going to stop there unless I want to replay it all on my PS2 copy or get good enough to play Expert.

GHM HDrums is halfway done, and I think I will be able to do it except for War Ensemble. I might be able to if I think I can get away with every other kick. I did try it on Righty once just to see what I could do, and I was very pleased that I could keep up with the speed of the kicks as I wasn't able to before. The rolls are something else entirely, but if I can keep up with the main beat of the song I can just practice the rolls. Also got my first Hard FC and HDrums FC on Demon Cleaner, so that's cool! That makes 3 FCs not on Easy (two on Medium on GHA, and this one).

Anyways, with Drums done I'm just gonna do the rest on Guitar. With only about 13m to go I probably should be able to do it if I can get 2-3m per session with 12 songs per. After that it's back to righty, and while I do have a longer-term goal in mind over there, there is one thing I want to try and do really fast before it's potentially too late.

Also, sjay, why aren't you over 2.8B yet? You slippin'?

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

sjay  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidedlefty wrote:

Also, sjay, why aren't you over 2.8B yet? You slippin'?

Not at all, I'm playing Rivals a lot, that's all. To be honest, it's great to be involved in something again. Reminds me of the old Tour group challenges back in the day.
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't do mid-week updates, but I got done with WT pretty quickly so there's not really much reason to wait until Saturday. I just have one more set of 6 that I did real fast today (Thursday) and I'll be switching over. I won't come back to make the official rank-up, though.

As for my next Lefty goal, I see two choices: Either I go forward toward top 500 on all of these (and possibly top 1000/500 on All/GH3/Guitar), or work toward being on each of Bushi's E-H G/B boards (sans O211). I kinda want to get to the top 500 so I'm not worrying so much about that, so that'll likely be my choice.

This was a really quick run, but it was really productive, far more than I imagined. I wouldn't expect something like this to happen often. See you all next time!

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

sjay  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidedlefty wrote:
I usually don't do mid-week updates, but I got done with WT pretty quickly so there's not really much reason to wait until Saturday. I just have one more set of 6 that I did real fast today (Thursday) and I'll be switching over. I won't come back to make the official rank-up, though.

As for my next Lefty goal, I see two choices: Either I go forward toward top 500 on all of these (and possibly top 1000/500 on All/GH3/Guitar), or work toward being on each of Bushi's E-H G/B boards (sans O211). I kinda want to get to the top 500 so I'm not worrying so much about that, so that'll likely be my choice.

This was a really quick run, but it was really productive, far more than I imagined. I wouldn't expect something like this to happen often. See you all next time!

Well done!
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I DID say I was going to wait until 2019, but I guess I couldn't wait that long.

The goal this time around is to unlock all the songs I haven't gotten to yet on the games I can play right now (aka not GH1-80s/Live/RB4). The intent is NOT to have scores inputted for every song, just to make sure I have them all available.

Complete:
Aerosmith (MGuitar)
Metallica (HDrums)
Smash Hits (HBass)
GH5 (already unlocked)
Van Halen (EBass)
BH (Already unlocked)
"The Beatles" (all but The End)
Green Day (already unlocked)
Rock band 1/2/3 (using exports for 1/2, already unlocked for 3)
AC/DC (I think it's already unlocked...??)

Need to unlock still:
GH3 (Medium) - I just have the last two venues to play plus TTFAF, so I'm not too far off. I think I've already bought all the bonus songs, and I'll just use the "unlock all songs" cheat for the quickplay ones.
World Tour (MDrums) - Just need Tesla's Coil (since those specific venues don't unlock until you buy it), Ozzfest to get TImes Square, Times Square itself, and possibly Sunna's Chariot.
Warriors of Rock (HGuitar) - While most of the songs are already unlocked, you have to beat story mode for those final hardest songs (when you get All-Powerful). I kinda want to, anyways, but I kinda want to wait until I can get all-40 on HGuitar first. Maybe.
Lego Rock Band (EGuitar, I believe) - Follows the same trend as RB1/2 where songs are unlocked by venue. If I need to I'll just spam A Day Like This and Ain't No Telling alongside one song I haven't played On-disc to finish any non-pre-made setlists I have to do. Not the biggest hurdle in the world.
"The Beatles" - I admit I'm not all that thrilled to play through TBRB's career just to unlock The End, so that may be a case where I'll use my righty profile but play on lefty.
AC/DC (If they aren't all unlocked already) - AC/DC I haven't actually played on PS3, so I'll have to play through career ANYWAYS if that's required so I'm not too bummed there.

I'm currently working through WT MDrums. It won't take me much time for GH3, so the two biggest ones are LRB and WoR. Then it'll be done.

I will be highly amused if I get this done by New Year's.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished up GH3 the same night I posted that. It was just the two setlists, so it was easy enough. I didn't play TTFAF for the credits, but it should still be unlocked. I'll be pissed if it isn't.

What DID piss me off today is that I apparentely need to play every other (non-bonus) setlist in order to unlock Times Square on WT. I never noticed before because the last three times I played (WT on Wii, WT on PS2, and WT on PS3 as Righty) I was going through each setlist as they came instead of here where I was just looking to get through it as fast as possible. I only have three setlists left to play, so it's possible I may just have to play one more instead of all three, but the fact that getting to the last setlist before Times Square doesn't unlock it makes me really mad.

So...I'll try to finish that tomorow. LRB and then AC/DC are next, and I'll finish with WoR.

EDIT: Welp, AC/DC and Lego are actually both all unlocked. So unless I want to play on RB1 and RB2 originally I don't have to unlock a damn thing (Except The End, but again I'm not playing all of TBRB for just one song). WT will be done tomorrow, and WoR over the weekend, most likely.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the three unexportable tracks on RB1.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
Don't forget the three unexportable tracks on RB1.

Those will probably fall under the same category as The End. Unlike on Righty, I'm not going to be particular about where I get my FCs, so once I have those three available on RB1 I'll likely just replay them on Lefty and get that out of the way (except for maybe RttH HDrums; that might wait until I pass/FC it on righty first since I never really got the rhythm down).

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All WT and WoR songs are unlocked now.

I finished WT yesterday, and beat the Beast today. With that, that's all the songs I need to unlock ready to go (as stated, the RB1 exports/The End will just be done on my Righty profile for convenience).

I'm still on the fence about whether I want to go for being on all of Bushi's boards or for top 500 on the stats. I'm pretty sure once I get below that rank I'll likely just do 50/100 rank increments and see how fast that takes me, since top 100 isn't going to be possible with most of these games when I only have E-H and no Expert (or very, very little) to work with. I suppose one may come with the other, but they're still going in very different directions.

Anyways, that goal's done. Now I get to fight GH's vocal system! Fuuunn!!!

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, back here again! I decided to forego Vocals (Dear god, it feels worse than I remember; I even think there's lag I can't compensate for, too...) and I finished WT H/XDrums, so now I'm going to just go back and forth between both of these for now since both sides will have an overarcing goal but need to go from one game to the next.

I still also haven't gone through the goal list for Lefty like I did for Righty, so let's do that here.

Goal #1: Get scores inputted at least on Guitar/Bass on each game (and probly drums, too, once Righty's done with them).

This is fairly straightforward. The small twist in this goal is that I'm going to take the top differential from my user score sheets (the spread to top 1k/500) and go from the bottom up; in other words, the game/difficulty/instrument that are the furthest from those ranks will go first (with drums currently unavailable due to lack of batteries), and I'll go up the list (even if it does get to the top 1k/500 because that's where it's going but not the end goal here). Once all the on-disc songs are done I'll move on to the next game, and so on, until I get through each game.

I think that I'll move on after the game is finished. Perhaps only by difficulty? (aka if the difficulty is Medium and I get MGuitar and MBass done, I'm good there). I'm not entirely sure but I'll figure it out as I go.

Goal #2: Get on BUshi's boards (G/B, E-H)

Self-explanatory. Should happen with goal 1, but this is just to get the last bits (most likely on Hard). Expert is still off the table since that's never going to happen. Hopefully Bushi will note when I break onto any board, too!

Goal #3: All User scores top 500/250

OR My first FGFC.

I don't know which one I want more, to be honest. I feel confident enough I could get an E or MFGFC on any usable instrument, but at the same time I do need to get into the 500s. I don't think I'll get to this point by the end of 2019, depending on how things on Righty go, but I feel pretty sure my first FGFC is going to be Medium. I think RB3 or, like, SH. Dunno which instrument, tho.

#4: Whichever of #3 I didn't do

Also self-explanatory.

------

So, those're the main goals for Lefty 2019. In accordance with Goal #1, my first game to tackle is RB3 MGuitar, followed by MBass. After that, I believe it'll be The Beatles. So let's get going.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, after taking about 3 months too long to do 162 measly-ass songs, I'm back on track, relatively speaking. Now that I can actually access the wiki on this account, I've updated my totals for Lefty and can change how I do this. The main plan is still to work by the top 500/1K, but the start is with WoR, not RB3. It'll also be on Easy

WoR (or 5 or WT, for that matter) doesn't have the same level of filtration that RB3 does, sadly, so I can't exactly hide the songs that I've already played (if anyone knows how I can do so, please tell me). So I'll just have to pick a means of sorting and just go from there. In this case, I'll pick the duration from shortest to longest. With any luck I can get through each timeframe the game has in the system each day, and then move on to the next instrument; I'll start with Drums, since that's the loudest usually, and then go to Guitar, then Bass. Once I've got scores input for all of these, I'll move to the next game. Normally I'd be concerned about SRs, but to be honest I care a lot less about the Easy charts compared to Medium-Expert. And WoR EDrums are the only ones I haven't seen, anyways. If I could filter out to just WoR, I'd do the same as RB3, but that's unfortunately not an option.

The idea for RB3, in case I didn't explain it already, is that I'm going to do a party shuffle every time I boot up. Like with WoR/GH, I'm going to start on Drums since that's the one that's the loudest, and do what I can; no FC attempts, no real attempts at high-scores, just inputting scores. Next bootup, I will still be on Drums, but if I see a song I've already played, I'll switch out from drums--first to Keys and then to Bass. If I see that I've played the song already on all three instruments (or 4, when Guitar is in play), I'll rate it as 1 and use the "hide 1-Flame review" filter to remove it from the shuffle list. This will continue until I'm done with that difficulty (in this case, RB3 Medium).

On the next go-round, I'll be using my top 500/1k ranking on my spreadsheet to pick the next game; aka, based on how close the game is to the next milestone.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: