ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is downloading Swap Magic ISOs okay? (don't worry haven't done it yet)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Is downloading Swap Magic ISOs okay? (don't worry haven't do Reply with quote

Now I know downloading GH ISOs is verboten. However, when I look up Swap Magic, most of the stuff I find is ISOs for it. Would it be okay if I downloaded it?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically it's piracy. However, as the PS2 GH games are more than 7 years old and no longer in production, nor have any copyright enforced by the developers or publishers, you could argue that it's abandonware. Therefore, by downloading them you are actually archiving rather than pirating. But there maybe folks who don't share that philosophy.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading Swap Magic won't really help you unless you have a chipped console, and then you don't need Swap Magic unless you want to boot a NTSC GH game in PAL (and there are other ways to do that too).

Free McBoot is the modern way to run backups. Coupled with ESR for running from DVD-R (discs must be patched before burning) or OPL for loading from USB/HDD/network (no patching needed but ESR-patched ISOs will work).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe OP was talking about ISOs to use with swap magic rather than the swap magic ISO itself, if I'm not mistaken? But FMB is generally the better way of running backups. Though, as I have mentioned in another thread somewhere, running GH games from the HDD or network can cause issues. Generally, using a disc is optimal.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: