ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Question about GH1 Custom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Question about GH1 Custom Reply with quote

Hey all, quick question.

I want to make a GH1 custom. I specifically want to rip all the songs/charts off my gh2 disc and a recreate it on the gh1 engine. Can I just rip the files from my gh2 disc onto my computer, wipe an old gh1 disc and burn the gh2 files to the wiped gh1 disc? Or do I have to use a blank cd/dvd? I tried looking through the stickied guide but the link was broken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can re-write to discs that are labeled RW a certain number of times before they become unreadable. Most disks are labeled as R+ or R- and are not re-writeable and will require you to burn to a fresh disc.

This method is not ideal for doing GH1/2 customs as it is costly and time consuming. Might I suggest looking into freeMcBoot as an option? You can by memory cards with the software to load games from the network on it if you have a PS2 slim or a HDD if you have a fat PS2 with HDD adapter. It means that you can edit the songs without the need to re-burn the discs and the games load faster as well if you use HDD

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PS2 does not support DVD-RW. If it works, it will strain the laser and read slowly.

You cannot wipe old DVD-R or pressed DVDs. You must use a blank disc if you wish to boot optical drives.

I think there may be existing ISOs out there with most of the songs. I will not help you find one, however.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also PCSX2, but you need to have a PC with really friggen good specs if you want to evade skipping and/or slowing completely. And unless you have a gaming PC chances are your PC doesn't have the right specs. If you have a desktop PC you can upgrade your CPU, GPU, graphics card, etc, but if you have a laptop... you'll just have to buy a new gaming PC.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
There is also PCSX2, but you need to have a PC with really friggen good specs if you want to evade skipping and/or slowing completely. And unless you have a gaming PC chances are your PC doesn't have the right specs. If you have a desktop PC you can upgrade your CPU, GPU, graphics card, etc, but if you have a laptop... you'll just have to buy a new gaming PC.

It's not just a matter of having a good computer, PCSX is an audio calibration nightmare. There are separate settings for the audio emulation lag offset and the in-game lag offset. A balancing act I've long since decided just isn't worth the effort.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
The PS2 does not support DVD-RW. If it works, it will strain the laser and read slowly.

You cannot wipe old DVD-R or pressed DVDs. You must use a blank disc if you wish to boot optical drives.

I think there may be existing ISOs out there with most of the songs. I will not help you find one, however.

Wasn't asking for help finding an iso, I know that's frowned upon. I was just hoping there was an easy way to transfer the charts and song files from gh2 to gh1, but I'm starting to see that it won't be that easy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
but I'm starting to see that it won't be that easy.

Yes it is! FMcB XD

suhdude024  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:

Yes it is! FMcB XD

I looked into that briefly, but I didn't know where to start. I've never really done anything like this. Could you point me towards some sort of guide on how to use the software?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
GingerBraFace wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:

Yes it is! FMcB XD

I looked into that briefly, but I didn't know where to start. I've never really done anything like this. Could you point me towards some sort of guide on how to use the software?

You can buy a memory card with it already installed on from ebay. Plonk it in either slot of you PS2 and it'll boot with a ton of extra software (as long as there's no disc in the drive). Using a software on the menu called OPL, you can boot games from a USB drive, internal HDD (if you have a phat PS2 with a HDD installed) or from the network (if you have a phat with network adapter or slim).

Making the games bootable can be done with PS2util, which turns the ISO into a PS2 format file that can be booted from the network or USB drive. If you have an internal HDD, you can rip the games to it using HD loader, providing they're original discs, as it doesn't support ripping backups.

If you wish to load games from the network, you have to set up a folder on your computer that is publicly readable across your LAN. That will be different depending on your OS, but it should be fairly easy to find the information you need on how to do that through the power of google

suhdude024  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
GingerBraFace wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:

Yes it is! FMcB XD

You can buy a memory card with it already installed on from ebay. Plonk it in either slot of you PS2 and it'll boot with a ton of extra software (as long as there's no disc in the drive). Using a software on the menu called OPL, you can boot games from a USB drive, internal HDD (if you have a phat PS2 with a HDD installed) or from the network (if you have a phat with network adapter or slim).

Making the games bootable can be done with PS2util, which turns the ISO into a PS2 format file that can be booted from the network or USB drive. If you have an internal HDD, you can rip the games to it using HD loader, providing they're original discs, as it doesn't support ripping backups.

If you wish to load games from the network, you have to set up a folder on your computer that is publicly readable across your LAN. That will be different depending on your OS, but it should be fairly easy to find the information you need on how to do that through the power of google

Thanks for the tips homie, I should be able to figure it out from here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
LocalH wrote:

Wasn't asking for help finding an iso, I know that's frowned upon. I was just hoping there was an easy way to transfer the charts and song files from gh2 to gh1, but I'm starting to see that it won't be that easy.

That part is relatively easy. Use ARK Expander or GH Explorer to extract the .MID and .VGS files from the songs folder within the ARK, and you should be able to import them into a GH1 ARK (although I do know that GH2 MIDs have a track titled "PART GUITAR" for lead while GH1 uses "T1 GEMS", and you may run into issues with that on newest GHEx, as well as the extra audio channels GH2 VGS files have for rhythm/bass).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: