Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
mninp goes for FCs from GH1 to GH WoR *Sunshine of Your Love EX FC!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seemed to have somehow missed your topic. Great job on all your progress thus far! Especially on Less Talk More Rokk, The New Black, and X-Stream! All those songs have some tricky parts, Less Talk More Rokk... may be the most anxiety-inducing song in the series for myself.

Raw Dog - Is... an annoying one, also to get 99% on your first run in forever is quite good.

Arterial Black - I don't remember this chart too well, but I wouldn't worry about it till Mid-Late 30's in my opinion. I will give one tip that would have saved me a lot of heartache. Pay no attention to the path.

Collide/Gemini - Yeah, you can get these.

Fall of Pangea - Ugh... this song can die in a fire.

FTK - I don't think I've played the hard chart, but you mention the weird HO/PO's, so I assume it's about as annoying as the Expert chart. Though if you enjoy the song, 1) I think you could knock it out pretty quick. 2) There would be two of us that like the song!

One for the Road - Not too hard once you get used to the strumming

Push Push - Yeah the hard chart to this is stupid. The only tip I can give you, use all the HO/PO's, or it'll be much harder at least imo, and... practice the hell out of the outro solo's.

Six/TLTB - Depends on how good you are at strumming.

Thunderhorse, finally someone else who has the problem of "Why is this song hard" I have no real tips for this, as I just never played it and one day I accidentally picked it and everything synced up.

Should insert those FC's my friend, I think you could get 35-40 without too much grinding. Woman/CoWS/Killing in the name/John the fishermen. Also, should enter all the FC's! I think I count you at... 32 right now? So Half Game FGFC!

And having a quick look at your GH1H scores, you should be able to pick up two more to get 30. Farewell Myth and fix your OS on Godzilla, and I think you could get Ace of Spades/No One Knows.

Best of luck my friend, hopefully, my three am rambling doesn't put you to sleep!
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the 5th Tier of Expert and I have 3 FCs so far. There was a couple I know I could have gotten that I missed out on, but overall I'm satisfied.

GH2 Expert FCs

1. Heart-Shaped Box- If I missed out on this one I would have flipped.
2. Monkey Wrench- NICE. Definitely an anxiety inducing song. I have never gotten this FC before, I don't think. I went into it thinking I had a shot, but almost confident I was going to fuck it up somewhere. Really proud of this one.
3. Cherry Pie- I can't believe I got this. That solo is no joke to hit. I was shaking after I got the solo, so scared that I was gonna choke. Thankfully I didn't.
4. Mr. Fix It- Very easy, happy I didn't choke here.
5. Parasite- Easy FC, about the same as it is on Hard.
6. Soy Bomb- I forgot I got this FC haha. Yeah, it was pretty unmemorable overall. Pretty easy.

Now for the ones I missed

Shout at the Devil- Yeah...not gonna hit that solo anytime soon.

Mother- Yeah...ok.

Surrender- I have no idea how to hit that one guitar fill.

Woman- I can almost FC everything except for the solo, but that solo is not happening anytime soon.

Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight- Surprisingly NOT THAT BAD. The trills are the only things that mess me up...I swear it sounds faster than the actual notes. I just need that one run where I get really lucky.

Strutter- Meh...I can do this one, but that solo is kind of hard to hit.

Message in a Bottle- I FC'd everything up to the "hard part" at the end. If I can figure out the rhythm for that, I can definitely get this one.

You Really Got Me- Not gonna happen anytime soon, but I almost FC'd the End Wankery, I missed two notes.

Carry On Wayward Son- This one isn't totally outside my range right now, but it's gonna take a long time. I FC'd the last solo, but not messing up in the first solo or the second solo on top of that is going to take a while.

Them Bones- Not gonna happen, though I found the first solo harder than the outro for some reason.

Search and Destroy- That last solo is INSANE.

Tattooed Love Boys- The chorus is choke city and the solo isn't easy either. This song isn't even fun to play so I won't be getting this anytime soon.

War Pigs- I can FC everything except for the two hard solos. I have no idea how to hit those.

Who Was In My Room Last Night?- I can FC everything except for the fast rows of three button chords. Once I figure out the rhythm for those, I should be able to get this.

Girlfriend- So many little places to mess up here. I can get this one, but it's going to take a really lucky run.

Can't You Hear Me Knockin'- I choked BIG TIME in the solo. I know I can get this one, but it's an easily choke-able song.

Sweet Child O' Mine- Not gonna get this for a while. However, I FC'd the end of the first solo, which was...weird.

Last edited by mninp on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:15 am; edited 3 times in total
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got one more FC, Mr. Fix It. I'm not done with Expert yet though, I just finished this song. I failed Jordan and I only got 4 Stars on Misirlou and Hangar 18. I know I can 5 Star those songs since I've done it before, but as for Jordan...if I don't pass it before I move on to Rock the 80's, it's really not a big deal. I've only beaten it once or twice in my life. My main goal here is to go through all the games and really get a feel for how many FC's I can get on Hard and Expert. If I really can't pass something, it's not the end of the world, since I won't be FC'ing it anyway.

I've noticed that Expert in this game has gone from "going to FC's" to "let's make it out of here alive with 5 Stars. A lot of these songs I have no hope of FC'ing any time soon. I could have got Laughtrack, but other than that, most of these songs are currently out of my league. However, I have noticed that I am getting a lot better, so I can't wait to go back to Hard and gather some more FC's. I'll be doing that before I move on to GH 80's.

As for the rest of Expert, I'm looking at possible FC's for Radium Eyes and MAYBE X-Stream, but other than that I'm not keeping my hopes up.
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big update for you guys. I played A LOT of GH today. I ended up NOYT getting the Radium Eyes Expert FC, however I did manage to get the Parasite Expert FC, so it's all good. I choked on X-Stream and Yes We Can still needs bit more practice.

I went bac and I 4 Starred Six (I 3 Starred it the first time), and I 5 Starred Hangar 18. I still can't get the Misirlou 5 Star, my best score is about 165K, and I think I need 200K to get the 5 Star, so I'm still a ways off. I decided that I'm not going to worry too much about the Bonu Songs. If I don't 5 Star them, I'll still move on. However, I'm going to try to make it a point to 5 Star all the main Career songs before moving on to the next game.

After finishing all the songs on Expert I went back to Hard. I have some new updates.

I tried Mother...solo got me again. Oh well.

Woman...man, I am SO CLOSE to getting this one. I FC'd the part that I messed up on the last time, but I had already choked earlier on. I know for a fact I can FC this, I just need to get that one lucky run. Almost there!

I got the Strutter FC. Yeah, this FC is extremely easy, I forget how I messed up the first time. But yeah, I got it now.

I tried You Really got Me...I feel like I can do it, but it's going to be tough. That solos is not easy.

Carry On Wayward Son...I feel like I can do this one, but it's going to take a lucky run. If I hit one part I mess up another part. I can't seem to put it all together.

So...I got a JOHN THE FISHERMAN FC!!!!! Yes, I FC'd John The Fisherman on Hard! I have no idea how I did it. I went into it expecting to mess up the Bridge, and then I randomly hit it and I was wide eyed and I told myself "just shut the fuck up, just keep playing" and I pulled it off. Man...what an FC to get. This song might be harder to FC on Hard than on Expert. I couldn't tell you how I did it, I just went for it and got it.

I tried Freya again, but the solo got me. If I can get that solo, I MIGHT have a shot at FC'ing this.

I FC'd Last Child! This is a nice FC to have. While it is pretty easy overall, there are two parts that are easy to mess up on. But I got it.

I also FC'd Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart! Yes, this is a great FC to have While it's not insanely difficult, it's not exactly easy either. Very happy I got this. It took me two more tires, but I got it.

I tried Rock This Town a couple times and I feel like I'm really close. I am able to FC the whole song except there's three parts that I have a solid chance of messing up on. If I can get that one run where I pull it all together I can get this, but it's going to take a little while.

I tried Stope and I choked twice. I feel like I can get this, this song isn't too bad. But it's kind of annoying to play so I'm going to wait on this one and pick it up another day.

I Fc'd MADHOUSE! Yes, I FC'd Madhouse on Hard, this is an amazing FC to have, I'm really proud of this one. There isn't one part in the song that's "unhittable", but the whole song is choke city, it's just so easy to mess up. Very happy I got this FC.

I tried Carry Me Home...no deuce.

I tried YYZ...I feel like I can get this, but that alt strumming part in the middle gives me a lot of trouble.

I tried Raw Dog and...I choked BIG TIME. I got past the solo and I choked. It's alriht, I know I can get this.

I FC'd Collide! Yeah this song isn't too bad overall, but there's that one part at the end that I have NO IDEA how the hell I hit. I saw it and I guess my reaction time was good enough.

I'm going to stop for the night, bit I'm very proud of the progress I made today.
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that I FC'd Soy Bomb on Expert. Don't know how I forgot that, but either way...I got it.

Here's the Hard FCs that I'm looking at right now. I currenlty have 30 Hard FCs, and my plan is to get to 40. Here are the 10 that I think I can get (in no particular order).

Mother- If i can get that last solo I can get this. It shouldn't take too much longer.

Woman- Man, this song is so annoying. I know I can get it, so hopefully not too much longer. If I can get both Woman and Mother I will have the entire first Tier FC'd!

Carry On Wayward Son- I think I can get this, I just need to put it all together.

Tattooed Love Boys- The only song in the third Tier that I haven't FC'd yet. I can get this, that one part just throws me off.

Crazy On You- If I can somehow get through without choking I can do it. The beginning is a non issue because it takes two seconds to restart. I can hit every part of this song, it's all about just putting it all together.

Stop- I can get this pretty soon I think.

Laid to Rest- This one is a bit of a stretch here. I think I can get it but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't played it since January so I forgot a lot of it.

Rock This Town- Like I said, I can do it, but it's gonna take a lot of practice.

Gemini- I can get this, I just need to not choke.

Laughtrack- Yeah, this should be the next one I get.

Other Possible FCs Right now

Killing in the Name- I think I can d the solo now, it's all just a matter of not messing up once in the rest of the song. I'm not really confident in this one, though.

Jessica- That ending...I don't know how I can hit it. Fun fact, when I did this song in Expert I FC;d the whole song except for the end...just like I did on Hard. I don't know how I'm gonna hit that ending buit it might be like John the Fisherman where I just get it randomly without knowing how I did it.

YYZ- I suppose if I get the middle part down I can do the rest, but the solo is no joke either...hm...not so sure about this one.

Raw Dog- I can get it, but I'm not that confident in it right now.

FTK- Another one I know I can get but again, not very confident right now.

One For the Road- Not very confident here, there's just too many places to mess up.

Keep in mind, all of these I have listed above I think are in my current skill range. It's all just a matter of getting that one lucky run. I have 16 songs listed here...I just need 10 of them to reach my goal of 40. Also, who knows, I might even get an FC that's not even on here. Remember when I got YGATC and SOD in GH1? Those two came out of nowhere.

Fun fact about GH1...I tried HFOB on Hard many times again recently and I still can't get it. I just can't hit the fast orange part. Ugh...it's so frustrating. I'm SO CLOSE.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Post

Last edited by mninp on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 5 Starred Misirlou in a couple more tries which means I got the Log. I am now sitting at a 4 Star for Six and I still haven't passed Jordan yet. Also, I've been working on Hard some more. I got three more FCs.

Tattooed Love Boys FC!
Gemini FC!
Stop FC!

As for 5 Starring Six on Expert...I just can't keep up with that tempo, it's too fast. I seem to do better when I down strum the main riff, going to alt strumming for the triplets, but I can't keep up with the speed for long. Plus, my fingers get tangled every time the verse riff changes. If I can keep a combo in those verses, I know I can 5 Star this song. I'm sitting at a 2.3X Average Multiplier which means I have exactly 4.5 Stars.

Anyway, I decided to move on to GH 80's because it bothers mt that there's so many easy FCs out there that I haven't gotten yet. I have 4 FCs so far on Hard.

GH Rocks the 80's: Hard FCs

1. We Got the Beat- Very simple, if I made a mistake I was going to get it next time anyway.
2. I Ran (So Far Away)- Pretty easy, no real hard parts.
3. Balls to the Ball- Long song, but nothing difficult in it.
4. Shakin'- Not too bad, still a nice FC.
5. Heat of the Moment- A couple tricky parts, but not too bad.
6. Turning Japanese- Pretty easy overall.
7. Hold On Loosely- Long song and easy to choke, but I got it.
8. The Warrior- This one's a gimme.
9. I Wanna Rock- TOUGH solo here, but I got through it. Great FC to have!
10. Only A Lad- Slightly harder than I remember, but I still got through it.
11. Lonley is the Night- Trill is a big choke spot, and so is the rest of the song. Very happy I got through the whole thing in one piece.
12. Bathroom Wall- Pretty easy overall, but there are a couple choke points.
13. Los Angeles- I don't know what the hell happened in this song, all I know is that I hit it.
14. Wrathchild- VERY happy with this FC. I thought I was gonna choke the whole time. NICE!
15. Seventeen- Here we fucking go boys. This is it! This is the one! Probably my proudest FC yet in all of Guitar Hero. I have NO IDEA how I didn't fuck up one of those solos or choke somewhere. I was in the zone and I pulled through. Amazing. Simply amazing. This might not seem like a big deal to you guys, but to me this is huge. I took a pic of the results screen and I saved it on my phone lol.

Here are the ones I missed out on

Bang Your Head- The trill is one thing...I think I can get the trill with some practice...but that bullshit at the end...how the fuck?

18 and Life- This feels like Bizarrro John The Fisherman. That bridge riff is back again, and it's funny because I had messed up earlier in the song because I lost my concentration. If I had hit that hard part I would have been so mad.

No One Like You- I surprisingly hit a good amount of the solo before it eventually got me, but I really surprised myself here.

Something I've noticed about GH 80's songs is that their main riffs are stupidly easy, but the solos are insane. My goal here is to get 20 Hard FCs but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that. I feel like when GH3 comes I'm just going to plow through a shit ton of those songs because the timing window is so huge.

Last edited by mninp on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have 15/30 GH 80's Hard FCs! I got some easy ones, I missed an easy one, got some moderately tough ones, but I got a really insane one that I never thought I'd get in a million years.

Heat of the Moment FC!

Turning Japanese FC!

Hold On Loosely FC!

The Warrior FC!

I Wanna Rock FC!

Only a Lad FC!

Lonely is the Night FC!

Bathroom Wall FC!

Los Angeles FC!

Wrathchild FC!

Seventeen FC!

Funny thing, after I FC'd Seventeen I did really fucking good on Caught in a Mosh and I swear to God I got -10 on Play With Me. I FC'd everything up to near the end of the second solo, less than 40 seconds from the end of the song. Then I choked again in the outro but holy shit...if I had FC'd Play With Me I would have died. I am noticing a huge improvement since I started going for all these FC's. I want to jump back to GH2 and FC a bunch more now...but I'll wait on that for a little bit.

I don't want to post about each individual song I messed up on anymore...it's very monotonous. But I will say that in Synchronicity II my finger got caught on my headphones wire and it caused me to fuck up. I can get this one, it's not hard. I also know I can get Police Truck, I choked big time on that one. That would bring my total up to 17/30. I want to get three more...so my options would be...18 and Life, No One Like You, Radar Love, Holy Diver, What I Like About You, and Ballroom Blitz. MAYBE Because it's Midnite, if I can somehow hit that crazy solo, but I doubt it. I think I'm just super cocky from getting the Seventeen FC. Anyway, I'm gonna go through Expert now and make sure I 5 Star everything before going back to Hard.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck on your quest, seems like a doable one with effort and time. do one game at a time and if you bump into a hard song, keep pushing. if all else fails, move on and come back at it later. it sometimes help by playing other songs and not focusing/bitching on said hard song.

keep us updated !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH 80's Expert FCs

1. We Got the Beat- almost as easy as it was on Hard.
2. I Ran (So Far Away)- VERY happy I got the fast Green section...this song can be tricky on Expert.
3. Balls to the Wall- I kind of cheated here because I restarted once after I choked in the intro...but I figured since I was like 15 sectonds into the song that it wasn't a big deal (I had a rule that I wasn't going to restart anything first time through). Anyway, this solo was pretty tricky, but somehow I did it.

In addition to those, I went back to GH2 Hard and went after some more FCs. Boy, do I hae some good ones.

Carry On Wayward Son FC!

Crazy On You FC!

FTK FC!

Laughtrack FC!

You Really Got Me FC!

Jessica FC!

A lot of these came out of nowhere. I got COWS first try, COY took two tries...first time I fucked up the intro. FTK was one try, Laughtrack was one try. I decided to go into practice and do the solo and End Wankery for YRGM...once I felt I had it down, I FC'd it first try! I did the same thing with Jessica's Ending, once I felt I had it down I FC'd it first try.

Still can't get Mother...I have no idea why but that line of Reds Yellows and Blues in the last solo keeps getting me every single fucking time. I can't get Woman either...I fuck up either in the first 10 seconds, or the bridge, or in the solo. SOMETHING just always seems to go wrong in that song. I also tried KITN once, made it to the end of the solo but that last trill got me. I can get this one, but not choking on that solo is really tough. Also tried OFTR a couple times, but it's not at all fun to play, so many little places to mess up and the song feels like it goes on forever. I seem to be making good progress in Thunderhorse as well...if it wasn't for the gallop section I'd probably have the FC by now but that part...fuck that part.
mninp  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some good updates for you guys. First off, let me just say that from now on I will be posting my FCs in the very first post so you won't have to dig through multiple pages to find out which FCs I have. Seeing as there's like 10 GH games across both Hard and Expert...that's 20 different lists you'd have to look for...not very efficient. I won't be posting the songs I missed out on anymore, it's too much bullshit and to be quite honest, it seems kind of redundant telling you guys every time I choke or mess something up. If I try to go for an FC that I've been trying to get, I'll tell you, and I might make a couple notes here and there about what FCs I think I can get, but for the most part, you won't hear about all the ones I've missed.

Anyway, in other news...I PASSED JORDAN ON EXPERT!!! Yeah I know it might not seem like a big deal and to tell you the truth I've done it before once, maybe even twice I really can't remember, but it was the first try today...and since I've started this FC challenge it was the third time overall, which is pretty fucking crazy. I've noticed that it's easier for me to do Solo B with my first two fingers...it seems to get me to a point where I can wait long enough to use SP to take me through Solo C and to the BNOF. It's not 100% fool proof yet, but I think the more I play Jordan the better I'll get. I only got 4 Stars, but If I am able to use SP once before the solo to rack up more points and not have to save SP for the last solo (and use it instead during that slow part), I might be able to 5 Star this. I've noticed that all you really need is to be really good at the choruses and be decently consistent at the verses to be able to 5 star this song.

I tried Six a few more times to 5 Star it, but no deuce. I practiced the intro in Practice Mode quite a bit, but I don't think it's helping much. I figure if I can get the intro down and be able to do that long, really fast section of notes before the first verse, consistently, I'll be able to 5 Star this. I'm right at about 210K and it's killing me.

I've also been doing some more Rock the 80's on Expert and I have a bunch of new FCs for you guys. Seriously, most of these surprised me. I'm getting better and it's happening fast. Half of these I never would have thought about getting when I used to play. I'll update the first post with the new FCs.
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first Jordan pass on Expert is a major turning point for every GH player's career Grats!

Keep at it. It's nice to see someone pumping out Hard difficulty FCs
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 5 Starred every song on GH 80's Expert. PWM took me two tries, but I got it. I haven't gotten any new FCs. I think I can get LITN if I can just get that trill down, and Bathroom Wall didn't seem too bad, but I made a couple mistakes. I've gone back to GH2 Hard and...I got another FC.

Raw Dog FC!

This is a nice one. That solo is no joke and the entire song is easy to choke on, but I went for it and after a few tries I got it.

I tried Woman again and...I made it to the end of the solo only to fuck up on the line of blue notes. I KNOW I can get Woman, but SOMETHING ALWAYS fucks up for me in that song. I know I can hit the blue line consistently, but what happened was I unknowingly ho/po'ed the first blue note, so when I started the alt strumming rhythm I was off beat. I over strummed near the end of the blue streak. I'll get this one eventually.

I tried Freya again...I can hit the solo, but it takes a stroke of genius to be able to hit that, then I have the rest of the song to not choke on. I don't know guys.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got another Hard FC in GH2.

Mother FC!

Yeah...this mother fucker took so long to get...but I finally got it. Even though I could hit it in practice mode, I was always coming up short when it came to the actual song. Thankfully, I finally got it. Now I'm at 42/64 Hard FCs in GH2. These are the following songs I'm looking at.

Woman- Ugh...yet again, I choked somewhere in the fucking song. This time on the Bridge. This song is so annoying because I know I can get it, I just need 3 fucking minutes where this song doesn't fuck me...and then I can get it.

Killing in the Name- This song is scary because on one hand I know I can get it, but on the other, there is a bunch of choke points, plus the solo, which is not at al easy to hit. i hate playing long songs, and this song is pretty long. I tried it once today and I choked on like the first pre-chorus.

Rock This Town- Man...I have have so many great runs of this song, only to mess up later on. I feel like I am SO CLOSE to FC'ing this song, it's just putting it all together that's the problem. The sections that have those fast RY chords seem to end on the up-strum except for the very first one, and trust me, I had to learn that the hard way...I overstrummed a bunch of times in this song. Everything else seems to be moderate difficulty, but definitely do-able. I feel like this FC is coming real soon.

Laid to Rest- I tried this song a few times today...twice I choked in the first 2 minutes, the other time I made it almost to the very end and i legitimately choked big time. I know I can get this, it's just annoying because the chorus sometimes doesn't register all of my notes (the yellow note before the GY chords to be exact).

YYZ- I can't hit the GGGGG GY GY consistently at all, so I have yet to make it past the middle of the song. Once I figure out how to hit that stupid part, an FC of this song is definitely possible. I think the solo is only triplets so it shouldn't be that bad. That middle part though...that's the killer.

One For the Road- I have no idea what it is, but three times today I choked in the first pre-verse...I can't even make it to the verses now. I feel like I'm getting worse at this song...those ho/po's are way too slow but still fast enough for me to screw up because of the timing. Not gonna lie, I am still far away from FC'ing this song. I know that this song is considered to be an FC of about the same difficulty that I am at, but seriously, i still feel a long way away from it at this point. All the songs above I feel like I am closer to FC'ing than this song.
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get Woman. The end of the solo can be tricky, but a few tries in practice mode to work out the strumming should be enough. The issue is that the strumming is in triplets so you might struggle to read it fast enough.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: