Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
mninp goes for FCs from GH1 to GH WoR *Sunshine of Your Love EX FC!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 3 more Hard FCs in Rock the 80's tonight. I'll be buying GH3 tomorrow from the retro game store near my house, so I'll be able to start that. But for now, let's talk about GH 80's.

Radar Love FC!

What I Like About You FC!

Synchronicity II FC!

Really surprised about Radar Love. I randomly tried it today and I got it. WILAY I knew I could get, but it's such an easy song to choke on so I wasn't sure. Synchronicity I should have gotten on the first try, but like I said my headphone wires got in the way, so it fucked me up. Nonetheless, I got it.

I tried No One Like You again, but that solo, man...that solo is crazy.

Holy Diver is do-able, but that alt strumming part in the first solo is pretty rough. I can't seem to put it all together.

Ballroom Blitz is also do-able, but I keep messing up on the solo.

I choked BIG TIME on Police truck. Made it past the solo and overstrummed the chords in the chorus right after. I know I can get this, my mind just hit a mental block when I got past the solo.

I tried 18 and Life again, but I can't get the strumming pattern down at the end of the solo.

Every other song, as far as I'm concerned, is out of my reach right now. MAYBE I can get Bang your Head if I can get the strumming down in the ending, and MAYBE I can get CIAM if I can get hit the verses more consistently, but those are a stretch. The others are out of my league right now.
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried some Practice Mode. I can hit the solo for 18 and Life about...30% of the time, but it's annoying having to play so much just to get to that point. But, I think I can do it.

I also tried No One Like You like 20 times and...I still can't fully hit that Solo C section once. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can hit the first set of triplets just fine, but I ALWAYS miss the notes right after. Then I've only hit the rest of the solo one time. I feel like my fingers are hitting it, but it's not going through. Hm...

This is an old video, but it's the only one I could find of this song on hard. The bullshit starts at 3:50. Everything else in the solo before that...is chokeable, but manageable, but from that point on for the next 5 seconds or so I just can't do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yPX_L9X1Gs
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound a bit silly. For the triplets, don't anchor green, and just go as fast as you can in the first position. If it's the little... zig-zaggy part, there is a gap before the first red, so pause for a very short amount of time then go on. Hope this helps... probably won't, but maybe you're also someone who can flail 3-2-1 and hit triplets.
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
This may sound a bit silly. For the triplets, don't anchor green, and just go as fast as you can in the first position. If it's the little... zig-zaggy part, there is a gap before the first red, so pause for a very short amount of time then go on. Hope this helps... probably won't, but maybe you're also someone who can flail 3-2-1 and hit triplets.

Thanks for the advice, but I can actually hit the triplets nearly 70% of the time...it's transitioning from the triplets to the other notes that I can't do. Even those first yellow and blue notes I can't hit...it's like the transition from the triplets to those two notes are actually as fast as the triplets themselves. Then I just get fucked on the zig zags.

Also, I'm really not an anchor type person. Maybe it's a skill I ought to learn, but I prefer hitting notes as they come instead of anchoring anything. Exceptions are of course, something like the Police Truck verse riff because anchoring there makes it a joke. But if I try to anchor on a solo or something my mind gets too confused...just too much for me to think about. But hey what do I know...maybe that's why I can't hit really fast zig zag sections like those in the majority of GH 80's Expert songs.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
PinkiePie91 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, but I can actually hit the triplets nearly 70% of the time...it's transitioning from the triplets to the other notes that I can't do. Even those first yellow and blue notes I can't hit...it's like the transition from the triplets to those two notes are actually as fast as the triplets themselves. Then I just get fucked on the zig zags.

Also, I'm really not an anchor type person. Maybe it's a skill I ought to learn, but I prefer hitting notes as they come instead of anchoring anything. Exceptions are of course, something like the Police Truck verse riff because anchoring there makes it a joke. But if I try to anchor on a solo or something my mind gets too confused...just too much for me to think about. But hey what do I know...maybe that's why I can't hit really fast zig zag sections like those in the majority of GH 80's Expert songs.
I'm much of the same actually, save for a few things, I rarely anchor unless I have to. Like I hit Because it's Midnight zig zag without anchoring anything.

The only thing I can say about the transition is drop the holds before the next set of notes. Then switch to 2nd position (Index finger on red) and see if that works.

Though if you're talking about the two notes right after the triplets... I'm not sure, just switch to second position after the last triplet, so it'd be 3 2 1 2 3 as the fingering for the transition. And when the second blue of the zig-zag comes move back into first position.

I'm sorry if this is overly complicated/not making any sense... but best of luck.
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went back to GH1 today since I haven't played it in a while. Well...what do you know...I got 4 more Hard FCs!!!!! It seems that going for FCs on GH2 and GH80's made GH1 seem easy by comparison. Here we go.

Heart Full of Black FC!

Cheat on the Church FC!

Take It Off FC!

Fire It Up FC!

Wow guys...I am very impressed with myself. I got HFOB in one fucking try...I just went for it and BAM, FC. COTC also took me one try, wasn't hard at all. Take It Off ALSO took me one try...I had no diea how to sit the olo going into hit, but I did a "down-up, down-up" pattern to hit the fast part and IT WORKED. Fire It Up...holy shit. It took me two tries, and that solo is no fucking joke, let me tell you. I still have NO IDEA how I hit it. The first time I tried alt strumming, the second time I tried to down strum the whole thing and...IT WORKED. I think I might have alt strummed a couple times in there...to be honest, I don't know what the hell I did to hit that, but I did it, that's what matters. Now...I have tried some other songs, and here's a few notes about them.

Ace of Spades- Man...this song pisses me the fuck off. TWICE I have gotten past the solo with no problem, but I ALWAYS fuck up on the verses randomly...I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, I'm literally doing the same thing every single time. The verses seem so damn buggy in that song. It's like I don't know if the verses are going to decide not to work at some point, so the whole song is a mine field...never mind the fact that the solo is not easy at all to hit. This song might be the only one so far that has actually pissed me off big time. Fuck this song.

Crossroads- Oh man...I am SO CLOSE to getting an FC of this song. I passed both solos 100%, but I choked BIG TIME afterwards. The second time, I choked at the end of the second solo, the third and fourth time I messed up in the first solo. I tried this song about ten times today, I always either choke outside the solo or legitimately make a mistake. Man, I know I can get this FC, I can smell it. Such a fun song and I will be proud when I finally conquer it.

Caveman Rejoice- I should be able to get this...for whatever reason, the triplets part neat the end always seems to fuck me. Nothing else in this song is hard at all. I can get this.

Fly on the Wall- Yeah...not gonna happen anytime soon. The last 20 seconds or so is a crazy hard minefield. I'm not focusing on this one right now.

So as it stands, I'm looking at Ace of Spades, Crossroads and Caveman Rejoice for my next FCs. Beyond that...I honestly believe everything else just might be out of my depth at this point.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got another GH2 Hard FC.

One For the Road FC!

Yes! This one came out of nowhere. I was practicing Freya, Rock This Town and laid to Rest not being able to FC any of those, and then I said why not I'll try OFTR and I got it first try. My score was unfortunately lower than my non FC score, but it is what it is.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some more GH1 Expert FCs

I Wanna Be Sedated FC!

Even Rats FC!

Sail Your Ship By FC!

Story of My Love FC!

Yeah none of these are that impressive, but I did miss them the first time through and I realized I hadn't gone back to GH1 Expert since I finished the game, so I thought I'd give it a try. Well, these weren't very hard. Still, now I have 12/47 Expert FCs, which is more than a quarter of the game. Awesome!
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I got 2 more GH1 xpert FCs right after another.

Fat Lip FC!

Behind the Mask FC!

Fat Lip was a pretty chokeable song, and Behind the Mask was harder than I remembered. I still have no idea how I did it. By the way, I fully down strummed both songs. GH1 gets way too buggy with alt strumming and I just don't trust it enough.

Fun fact, I have not missed one single note since I got the Even Rats FC. I wish I can say I haven't missed a note since I started playing GH1 tonight, but I messed up at the beginning of Even Rats the first time because I wasn't paying attention to when the song started.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit guys. I got another Expert FC and it came out of fucking nowhere.

Sharp Dressed Man FC!

So many choke points, so many tough places in those solos...I have no idea how I did it...but I did. I did it IN ONE TRY too!!! God, this is insane. I guess the other GH games really does get you better at GH1.
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your GH1 X list is becoming quite nice. Keep it up!
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys I have a ton of updates for you. I got GH3 and GHA today and I just finished beating GH3's Career Mode on Hard. I got a bunch of new fCs. Some of them were surprising, but I also missed on on some easy ones too. Here we go (there's a lot by the way). Keep in mind, this is all after one try.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot FC!

Mississippi Queen FC!

School's Out FC!

Sunshine of Your Love FC!

Barracuda FC!

Bulls on Parade FC!

When You Were Young FC!

The Seeker FC!

Lay Down FC!

Paranoid FC!

Anarchy in the UK FC!

My Name is Jonas FC!

Welcome to the Jungle FC!

Before I Forget FC!

So as you can see...yeah...I got a lot. One in particular surprised me. I never thought I would get Before I forget in a LONG time, never mind in one try today. Still, I messed up FOUR TIMES on Slow Ride, I'm not even kidding. I have no idea how, maybe I had to get used to the engine or something. I messed up not knowing how I was messing up. But yeah there's like 12 songs I know I can get. I missed one of the very last notes in Cherub Rock because I choked and I'm so sad about it. Same thing happened in The Metal and Black Sunshine, I was honestly getting really pissed off. Then I got Before I Forget out of nowhere and I was happy.
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more GH3 Hard FCs.

Avalancha FC!

Closer FC!

Avalancha is a nice FC to have...that ending part can be pretty tricky. But let's talk about the main event here...I GOT CLOSER FC!!! Holy shit guys...I never in a million years would have thought I would FC Closer on Hard. This has to be my biggest FC yet, it just has to. All those years truing to hard to even pass the song, and now I've fucking FC'd it! Wow, I'm speechless. I guess I really am getting better. Seriously, I am more proud of this than I was passing Jordan. Holy fuck.

...lol
mninp  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished GH3 on Hard and I have a bunch more FCs for you guys.

Generation Rock FC!

Hier Kommt Alex FC!

Impulse FC!

In Love FC!

Mauvais Garcon FC!

Metal Heavy Lady FC!

My Curse FC!

Prayer of the Refugee FC!

Radio Song FC!

Ruby FC!

She Bangs the Drums FC!

Overall, I'm very happy with this list. The only one I legitimately choked on was "I'm in the Band" and "Can't Be Saved". The others I legitimately messed up on because I couldn't hit something. VERY happy with Impulse and My Curse especially.

Sadly, I didn't 5 Star TTFAF on Hard, but to be fair, 5 Starring that song on Hard is harder than 5 Starring Six and Jordan on Expert so I'm not complaining.
mninp  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished the Co-Op songs.

Sabotage FC!

Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll FC!

I know I can get all of these. None of them were out of my league. I choked maybe once or twice in all of them. We'll see what happens when I go back to try to get them.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: