Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
mninp goes for FCs from GH1 to GH WoR *Sunshine of Your Love EX FC!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know you can edit your post instead of double post, especially within the same day, dont you ?

OT: Good job, GHA is a fun game, I should go back to it one day and try to 5*FG on Hard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
you know you can edit your post instead of double post, especially within the same day, dont you ?

OT: Good job, GHA is a fun game, I should go back to it one day and try to 5*FG on Hard.

Yeah, I know, I just get into the rhythm of making more posts, but you're right I should just edit it if it's in the same day. It's funny because I'll tell myself I'm done for the night and then I'll end up playing more songs and getting more FCs.
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FC'd another song in GH3 Hard today

Rock and Roll All Nite FC!

That solo was pretty nasty for hard mode, but somehow I did it in one go today.

Also...I borrowed a DS from somebody so I can play GH On Tour and...I am terrible at this game. I don't know what it is, but I can't even 5 star things on Hard. Out of the 5 songs I played already, two songs I didn't even 5 star. The strumming in this game is fucked honestly. I'm missing notes that I have no idea how I'm missing them. Randomly I missed something and it happens all the time. I haven't FC'd anything yet, not even close. Also, I have the dtrap on as tight as it can go an my hand still feels kind of loose which makes playing uncomfortable. I'm not really digging this game right now. But...it is part of the GH franchise, so I'm going to commit to going through it. I'm hoping I'll get better and can start getting some FCs because right now it's gonna be a struggle to 5 star everything in this game, even on hard.

EDIT: So...I've almost finished the GH On Tour setlist on Hard and I have...1 FC. Yes, only 1. Now, here's the thing. I am getting the hang of this, I really am. There were about 4 or 5 songs where if not for one stupid note not registering correctly I would have FC'd them, but I think I'll automatically learn to get around these things once I keep playing. Honestly my biggest problem going forward is the alt strumming. I don't know what it is, but I just cannot get the alt strumming right in this game. I swear I'm doing it exactly on time, hitting the right notes, but I'll miss a bunch of them. I just don't get it. I actually 4 starred Jet Airliner on Hard because of this. Anyway, here's my FC.

This Love FC!

Obvously it's a very easy song. If this game had the regular guitar controller I would have arond 15 FCs by now because a lot of these songs are very easy.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally made it through GH On Tour. I didn't get any more FCs but I managed to 5 star everything in the game except for Knock Me Down in three tries. I don't see myself getting Knock Me Down any time soon beause I just really don't like this game, but we'll see. But yeah don't expect any FCs in this game for a long time, if ever.

I got two more GH3 Expert FCs

Slow Ride FC!

When You Were young FC!

I should have gotten both of these already, especially WYWY. Right now I'm going back to the other games just to nab some other easy FCs I may have missed the first time or the second time. Admittedly I have neglected Expert a lot after just doing it once, because my main focus is Hard, but I think I'll be going back to GH1 and starting from there to see if I can get some more easy FCs I may have missed.

I'll be getting World Tour tomorrow, and I'm really exicted to start that one. World Tour is the first game so far that I never really ever tried to go for FCs. I beat it once on Expert, and I may have played it a few more times. But yeah from here on out I never really played the games on Guitar all that much. I made sure I beat each game at least once but that's it. Once I got the drum set for these games I always preferred playing the drums. So yeah this should be fun.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 2 more GH2 Expert FCs. I got close on a few more, but overall I'm pretty happy with this.

John The Fisherman Expert FC!

Radium Eyes Expert FC!

EDIT: I got 2 GH3 Hard FCs.

Paint It Black Hard FC!

Even Flow Hard FC!

EDIT

Bulls On Parade Expert FC!

I had already gotten this in the past but it was still cool to get it again. That solo was a tad tricker than I remembered.

EDIT

Same Old Song and Dance Hard FC!

Man, this was one I've been trying to get for a LONG time. It was always just within my reach, but I would either choke somewhere along the line or the ending solo would get me. But I finally got it. I'm very stoked about this one.

I got a VERY lucky run on Nothing For Me Here on Hard, I made it 73% through without messing, but don't get excited. I don't see myself FC'ing this any time soon.

I also made it through 43% of Holiday in Cambodia on Hard without missing a note. That song is very chokeable, and I don't see myself getting it any time soon.

Right now on GH3 Hard my main goals are Miss Murder, Rock You Like a Hurricane, Can't Be Saved, Story of My Life (I hate this fucking song), I'm in the Band and Suck My Kiss. I may try an odd on or two here and there like Black Magic Woman or Cherub Rock, but those songs are just frustrating to me because of "that one bs part" that these types of songs have.

EDIT

Rock You Like A Hurricane Hard FC!

I've been trying this one for a while...not as long as SOSAD but I've been making sure to keep at it every now and then. I knew I was able to do the intro, but the solo and/or the outro would always get me. I figured I would give it a try. It took me FOUR times to make it past the intro, but the first time I passed th intro I ended up FC'ing it. I have no idea how I didn't choke or mess up the solo or the outro, but I did it. This was a huge GH achievement for me.
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the next day and yet another FC came out of absolutely nowhere.

Callout Expert FC!

I was not expecting this, I had never gotten it before. I was casually playing a song on Expert that I hadn't played in a while and I did it while watching a youtube video. Every time I got past a tricky part I was like "I'm not getting this, but I want to finish it out to see if there are any really hard parts". I can't believe I alt strummed all those sweeps. It almost feels disappointing. I had my volume turned down to 5, so I could barely hear the song and I was barely focused. But yeah, awesome FC right here.

EDIT

Higher Ground Expert FC!

Holy shit guys...I have no words. I got a 5th tier Expert FC in GH1...what the hell. Getting something this good for my skill level makes me wonder why I'm still having trouble with much easier stuff in all these games. I guess you can say this was a very lucky run, because to be honest I can't see myself doing this again any time soon. That was a PERFECT Godsend run right here.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughtrack Expert FC!

Man, songs that used to be a little bit out of my league to FC are becoming "gimmes" at this point. One try today I got this with pretty much no problem. I almost choked in the solo with some of the random strums, but I got it.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got GHWT today. I bought a six pack of beer and I got ready to attack this thing. I've been playing for the past few hours but I'm gonna close the night on a high note. It's 11:30 and I just got an FC so that's about the right time to pack it up.

Anyway, I started on Hard (like always). I got a bunch of FCs...one I'm proud of getting, the others are pretty much gimmes. This game is kind of frustrating becuse I've lost more than a couple FCs because of the stupid slider notes. It's so hard to tell when a note is a slider or not, and that can ruin my streak. Not just that, but the hit detection on them seems really messy. Anyway, here are my FCs.

About a Girl (Unplugged)
Mountain Song
Obstacle 1
The One I Love
Some Might Say
What I've Done
Band on the Run
Misery Business
Hotel California
One Way or Another
Hey Man, Nice Shot

So that makes 11 FCs out of 24 songs played so far. I'm not counting the Tool songs because I'm counting any gig that you have to buy as a "Bonus gig", so I won't be buying those until I finish the main career. Plus, Tool is far harder than anything else this early in the game so I don't want to difficulty curve to be disjointed. When I finish the main game I will go back and buy the other gigs and hopefully get some more FCs. Anyway, here are the songs I missed.

Livin' On a Prayer- I messed up the ending. It wasn't the slider notes or anything, I just choked. Give me a break lol. I know I can get this, it's not hard. Hoenstly, I feel like my new big tv is messing me up, because I sit close to it since I need the headphnes to reach me, so the screen looks huge in front of my face, which halts my reaction time a little bit when I do solos. Hm...not making excuses, but I do think it's a factor.

Beautiful Disaster- I don't know what I was thinking. I overstrummed the strumming section because I had a mental block halfway through and I got off beat. Oh well. This is an easy song so it'll be no problem when I go back to it.

Today- This one was probably my most frustrating. There I was, a little tipsy, playing the intro to this song...and I hit blue instead of orange on one note. I actually restarted the song out of frustration, but I felt guilty because I'm staying with my rule of "no restarts the first time through" so I forced myself to miss a note. This song is easy as pie. I got it next time.

You're Gonna Say Yeah- Ok, this is the first tricky song in the setlist. I legitimately mess up twice here. The first time my finger slipped, the second time I don't know what the hell happened. I know I can get this without much trouble.

Up Around the Bend- Another easy one, but rhe sliders fucked me up here. This one is easy.

No Sleep Till Broklyn- DAMN SLIDERS! I had such a good run going. I FC'd the solo and then the sliders messed me up at the ending. It wasn't a choke, it was a ranom mism out of nowhere. Damn. This song isn't a gimme, but I can get this one.

The Joker- Ok, this is the song that made me think "I should just strum the sliders if they come out of nowhere" because I randomly missed on one of the slider sections and I don't know how. I was doing everything right on time and then bam I miss.

Freak on a Leash- Ok, this song is actually tricky. I messed up twice, and both times were in the pre chorus. That chord switch up is tricky. I know I can get it, but I am a bit rusty. I haven't played GH in a few weeks.

Eye of the Tiger- I overstrummed at the end of one of the alt strumming sections and I somehow missed a random note in the verses. I can get this, but it's gonna take a lucky run of concentration.

Spiderwebs- Fuck. The. Sliders.

Do It Again- Wow, this song actually surprised me. This one is definitely the hardest FC so far. I know I can get it, but it kind of threw me off guard.

Stillborn- Fuck the sliders again. I made it past the hard part of the solo and then the sliders fucked me.

The Middle- Probably the hardest FC so far. That solo section is gonna take some insane luck to pull off. I won't be working on this one any time soon.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with WT. THe sliders are definitely the worst in this game (Go figure since it's where they started using them). You've got a pretty respectable start (even if most of those are gimmes). I highly suggest strumming the first note of the sliders and playing the rest normally, as they're easy to play once you're in them but it can be finnicky trying to start. I think there are some problems with hitting them late, but I don't recall for sure.

The Middle is a matter of strumming fast enough, really. Can't give advice for Stillborn or NSTB because I don't have either (though I've tried many times for Stillborn before), just play the sliders as well as you can.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 15 more FCs on Hard. I'm almost done with the main setlist. I just got to the tier with Re-Education Through Labor, BYOB, Trapped Under Ice, etc... If I remember correctly I still have one more main setlist to do after that, which is the one with Dream Theater and Joe Satriani. After that I start doing the bonus songs. Anyway, I'll update the OP with my new FCs. There's too many songs in this game to go through them one by one. Some of these FCs I got were really nice.

EDIT

Jesus Christ...I just FC'd Trapped Under Ice on Hard. I just fucking did this...oh my God. This is without a doubt my greatest FC of all time. I was so scared when I got past the solo that I didn't even use star power. So my score is probably shit. But I don't even care. Metallica is one of my favorite bands of all time, I know their songs like the back of my hand. I'm guessing you do better the more you know and like the song. I still can't believe I got this.

I also ALMOST FC'd BYOB, but I choked about 30 notes from the end. The frantic changes in tempo in the outro got me.

I did, however, get Re-Education Through Labor, so that's good. I can't believe I got Trapped Under Ie and didn't get Today...lol.

EDIT

I got 6 more FCs. Two Tool songs and four bonus songs. I'm done for today, because quite honestly some of these bonus songs are so bad that I can't stomach any more of them. Aggro might be the worst song I have ever heard. That chorus is extremely annoying. Float On sucks too. The others are alright, but pretty forgettable overall. I only really like TMTYTF in that first set of bonus songs. Haven't done any of them after Float On.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratz on the TUI FC. Not all the bonus songs are terrible, but there are a fair amount of misses imo (Float On, Lazy Eye, Nuvole, Toy Boy). Some are good, though (Hail to the Freaks, Monsoon, I actually like Aggro).

Are you going for as many FCs as possible before moving on, or?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Gratz on the TUI FC. Not all the bonus songs are terrible, but there are a fair amount of misses imo (Float On, Lazy Eye, Nuvole, Toy Boy). Some are good, though (Hail to the Freaks, Monsoon, I actually like Aggro).

Are you going for as many FCs as possible before moving on, or?

Yeah I definitely will because right now I'm looking at all the songs I made stupid mistakes on that I know I can get, especially now that I got Trapped Under Ice. I move on when I feel like I have squeezed everything out of a game without doing an insane amount of grinding. When I feel like I've hit a wall in that game, I move on. But remember I still have to do Expert. On Hard alone I feel like I can squeeze out another maybe 20 FCs at this point after I finish the rest of the songs. But we'll see, thats just a guess for right now.

I always go back to previous games anyway. I'm still getting FCs in GH1 (as you can see I got Higher Ground on Expert like a week ago). I like to go back through each other the games and get a feel for which songs I can really go after. GH1 I think I've hit my soft cap at this point. I'm hoping that playing these harder charts in the later games that it will get me better at the easy charts of GH1, but the fact that you need to strum everything...you either have the skill to do it or you don't. It sucks because songs like Crossroads and Caveman Rejoice I would have had already...I'm SO CLOSE to FCing those on Hard but the strumming is not reliable enough.

GH2 I still have some songs that are on my radar that I know I can get. GH3 there's a few songs that I know I can get. GHA I've exhausted a lot of that game, I've gotten FCs that I didn't think I could get, so I might have hit my soft cap. GHOT...I don't want to ever play again, so I might not go back tot he DS games.

But yeah, I'll still go back to every game. If I forced myself to keep moving forward through all the games in order without ever going back, I'll lose interest in doing this. My only rule is that in each game I have to do every song once in order before going back to try again. Also, I reallly try to get 5 stars on everything, but sometimes it's not worth it. Jorda, Six, The Way It Ends, TTFAF (on Hard and Expert) and Knock Me Down I still don't have 5 stars on yet and these songs are just out of my reach right now. MAYBE I can get The Way It Ends, but the strumming kills my wrist in that song.
mninp  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished WT on Hard. Damn...Satch Boogie was a BITCH. I still got 5 stars, but man I was heading to the yellow in the crazy part so I used SP just in case. My hand is dead. And yes I know...it's much harder on Expert. I've actually never beaten it.

Also fun fact, I was able to get at least 1 FC in every single tier on my first go. Also, I was able to FC every single song in one tier. Nice.

Out of all 23 Bonus songs, I was only unable to FC 7 of them. This is good news because a lot of the bonus songs in this game are terrible.

My total FC count for GHWT Hard in one try is: 44. This means that I have over half the game FCd on Hard in one try. Very nice. Also, 44 FCs means I just beat out my record on most amount of FCs in one game. On GH2 I have 43 FCs on Hard. To be fair though, there's A LOT of filler songs in GHWT that are just easy as hell to FC. But I think I'm getting better. I'll update the OP with my new FCs.

Next...on to Expert!
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the main game on Expert. I got two more FCs. Go Your Own Way and Shiver. Very nice. That brings my total GHWT Expert FCs to 12.

There were two songs that I wasn't able to 5 star on the first try. The first one was Overkill. For me, it's hard to hear the rhythm in that song and I don't know why. I just can't keep the beat so I'm constantly losing multiplier. I had about 4.5 stars when I was done. I can get this but I have to learn the rhythm.

The other song was...Hot For Teacher. Holy shit I forgot how insane this song was. WHile I was never close to failing, I just cannot hit that main riff at all. I was a hot mess this entire song. I didn't even 4 star it. I can't seem to hit those two chords after the sweep in the verses. I go into the sweep and then I just go crazy and mss everything. I tried focusing on it, I tried not focusing on it, I just can't fucking hit it. I have not hit that transition once. The pace of the song is just too fast, my fingers can't do those chords that fast after the sweep, they're like a dead fish. If you guys have advice on how to do better in this song, that would be great. This is without a doubt the hardest song in any GH game so far minus Jordan and TTFAF (and Satch Boogie because I know that's coming in this game).
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HfT in general is a mess. Don't feel too upset about it. I'm more surprised you did well on BYOB. I 5*'d HfT on my first playthrough, but it took me months to 5* BYOB.

And yeah, considering your skills, I thin it's reasonable to assume you won't get close to beating Satch at this point. Just don't give up yet and keep at it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: