Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DrSham's Tableau Viz Score Statistics
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrSham  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: DrSham's Tableau Viz Score Statistics Reply with quote

This is a bit out of the ordinary so bear with me.....

I'm in the fledgling stages of putting some score data together for whoever wants to be part of this little experiment and publishing the results in Tableau (link is below). For now I'm just planning the data structures and putting in a small amount of data for testing purposes but anyone who has a look will see the potential this has to track/compare scores with others, and give a number of additional stats that aren't otherwise easily obtained (FC Counts, Song Ratings/Player Comparisons for WT onwards, etc...)

If anyone has the time or inclination then take a look and see what you think. Any and all suggestions for additional stats will be considered!!

https://public.tableau.com/profile/publish/GuitarHeroScoreTracker/SongStatistics

Currently working on - Adding scores for GH2/3 and developing method of dealing with GH2 adjusted scores and Bonus Songs. After that I'll add GHWT onwards and deal with multi instruments.

Planned Enhancements - Ability to Sort by any column. Additions to FC Statuistics

Update - 26 Jan 2017

Players added - Cabanon, DrSham, Mercurial, UltraHeroABC5, voidedalive2x, Voidedlefty

Scores added - GH1

Data added - Section, Difficulty, Rating, Percent, Streak, Timestamp, Score, FC Count

Functionality added - Filtering on any of the following combinations; Player (individual only), Difficulty (any combo of Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert or All), Percent (any combo of 0% to 100% or All), Songs Included (any combo of Setlist, Extras or All), Show Scores (any combo of Entered, Missing or All), Full Combo (FC) (any combo of Yes, No or All)

Update - 28 Jan 2017

Players added - XLif, dramacomic, arvain, PinkiePie91, expertwin

Scores added - GH1 for the above new players

Data added - Game

Functionality added - Filtering on game (any combo of GH1, GH:80s or All), added sub totals to the setlist only / extras only levels, added an apply feature to each filter (this allows multiple changes to selections before applying them - previously only 1 change at a time was allowed)

Update - 31 Jan 2017

Scores added - GH80s

Functionality added - New FC Statistics Page. Includes breakdown by game and difficulty, filtering by player and setlist/extras. Also added a chart for breakdown by year, filtering on game/difficulty

Update - 5 Feb 2017

Scores added - GH:A, updated GH1 & GH80s

Functionality added - Multi platform functionality, including a best score over all platforms option. Filtering for this functionality added to both the Score Stats and FC Stats pages where useful

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:47 pm; edited 17 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am very interested, and am interested in helping you out if you want.

How are you planning on FC tracking? I have a fairly extensive list of the total number of notes in charts that I've been compiling for my own personal spreadsheet. It's not entire, but it's good enough to get this going if we can copy-paste it straight into tableau. I'm not sure, as I've never used the program. Otherwise, I guess users can mark a score as an FC manually.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious to see some stats, that'd be nice. how do I sign in ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is really cool! I would be interested to hear more of it.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG all my yes please put me in (both me and VLefty, even if the latter has very little scores. That might be off-putting, though)--oh, I'm already in. Uh, thanks?

Anyways, I can't make a lot of suggestions right off the bat, in part becuase there's too little to say anything about and idk what is just you needing to put info in, what is stuff that needs to be worked in, and what is plain wrong. Or are we supposed to be able to see everyone's GH1 scores by now?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
DrSham  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:
Am very interested, and am interested in helping you out if you want.

Thanks, but I've got it for now. If a lot of people want to be included then I may need some help in collating data but it's manageable at the moment. What I will need is suggestions for how to slice and dice the data available (which is basically Scorehero data) although I've a few ideas I want to throw up there other than just song stats with various filtering options.

Mercurial wrote:
How are you planning on FC tracking? I have a fairly extensive list of the total number of notes in charts that I've been compiling for my own personal spreadsheet. It's not entire, but it's good enough to get this going if we can copy-paste it straight into tableau. I'm not sure, as I've never used the program. Otherwise, I guess users can mark a score as an FC manually.

I've created a master song list table which includes note counts so I'm OK with those. I've added an FC indicator/count after the score column and added a filter to allow some manipulation. See my Hard score for Spanish Castle Magic which is a 100% overstrum and this correctly shows as not an FC.

Cabanon wrote:
Curious to see some stats, that'd be nice. how do I sign in ?

You're now included, and GH1 stats have been entered and are available for viewing!

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
I think this is really cool! I would be interested to hear more of it.

I'll periodically update the OP when new data has been added and what features have been added / planned. For now I'll enter your GH1 data and you'll see that shortly, hopefully later today (Easy is in!) - UPDATE - Now all GH1 added

voidedalive2x wrote:
OMG all my yes please put me in (both me and VLefty, even if the latter has very little scores. That might be off-putting, though)--oh, I'm already in. Uh, thanks?

Both have now been added, assuming VLefty is Voidedlefty as I couldn't see a VLefty username. As I'm only doing GH1 at the moment only your usual usename has data added.

voidedalive2x wrote:
Anyways, I can't make a lot of suggestions right off the bat, in part becuase there's too little to say anything about and idk what is just you needing to put info in, what is stuff that needs to be worked in, and what is plain wrong. Or are we supposed to be able to see everyone's GH1 scores by now?

All mine and Cabanon's scores are now in. Yours and Ultra's will be added shortly - UPDATE - Now all GH1 added. As I said earlier, just have a play around with what's available and see what you come up with. I know you'll have a few ideas as you already do your own stats anyway.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
xLif  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im interested. seems pretty neat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, can't wait to see more games (if you ever get around to that). This would be great for some one like bushi aswell. Thanks again, Doc!
DrSham  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xLif wrote:
im interested. seems pretty neat

Hopefully it will morph into something useful so any ideas will be considered. I'll also add your data later tonight but I'm only up to GH1 / GH80s at the moment although the rest will follow in time.

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Thanks a lot, can't wait to see more games (if you ever get around to that). This would be great for some one like bushi aswell. Thanks again, Doc!

You're welcome Other games will follow as I deal with the little idiosyncrasies that each game brings. I've now added functionality for GH80s, just need to add the data which I'll do tonight. Not sure if this is any use for bushi as it has data limited to a select few users but it might be something to look into in the future if I could ever get a scorehero data feed.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks really cool DrSham! It looks like you have a good crop of volunteers for this so far but if you did want to add any more I would be down for it. If not though, I'd still be super interested to see this develop.

One idea I have is multiple user comparison simultaneously. I don't know how feasible that is, but currently score comparisons are all 1 on 1, and it'd be cool to see it somewhat more like bushidox's rivalry leaderboards but with more specific filters, so that you could score/FC compare with multiple individuals/friends instead of 1 vs 1 or 1 vs all the rest of scorehero.

I will also say that I currently really like the weekly automated updates currently on the scorehero wiki (as do most people who have shown interest in this thread, I'd wager), so it'd be cool if it was basically eventually like that but instead of clicking to different wiki pages for different stats you could just use your drop down menu filters. It'd streamline a lot of the things I currently check on the wiki charts.

In any event, it's your show. In addition to optimizing the hell out of the lower difficulties, behind the scenes stat tracking seems to be something at which you are quite adept, so I will be eager to see more from you in this regard!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramacomic wrote:
This looks really cool DrSham! It looks like you have a good crop of volunteers for this so far but if you did want to add any more I would be down for it. If not though, I'd still be super interested to see this develop.

It's just a table an the moment whilst I get data in and logic working but once that's done then I intend to throw up a lot of other stuff but using visualisations instead of just crosstabs. I'm happy to add your scores in but it is only GH1/GH80s with others gradually being added / updated. I'll do this later tonight when I add other data.

dramacomic wrote:
One idea I have is multiple user comparison simultaneously. I don't know how feasible that is, but currently score comparisons are all 1 on 1, and it'd be cool to see it somewhat more like bushidox's rivalry leaderboards but with more specific filters, so that you could score/FC compare with multiple individuals/friends instead of 1 vs 1 or 1 vs all the rest of scorehero.

Quite feasible, It's just a case of opening up the Player filters to a multi selection for that particular table although it will only be limited to the data I have loaded rather than anyone in scorehero, although down the road who knows.

dramacomic wrote:
I will also say that I currently really like the weekly automated updates currently on the scorehero wiki (as do most people who have shown interest in this thread, I'd wager), so it'd be cool if it was basically eventually like that but instead of clicking to different wiki pages for different stats you could just use your drop down menu filters. It'd streamline a lot of the things I currently check on the wiki charts.

I don't use it much it but I'll take a look and see what I can replicate. The only differences being are that I'll only have the top score per song rather than all the historical inputs that the wiki uses for some stats, and, as said above, that any comparisons will only be within the data I have loaded in. Also, as I only have the top score entered then this will impact on any songs that an FC was obtained with a lower score, when the higher score isn't an FC (like your Thunder Kiss 65 on Expert).

dramacomic wrote:
In any event, it's your show. In addition to optimizing the hell out of the lower difficulties, behind the scenes stat tracking seems to be something at which you are quite adept, so I will be eager to see more from you in this regard!

Thanks, I use Tableau at work so it's more of a 'find out how to do stuff' project then anything but I'll just take suggestions and figure out a way of making it work!

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is some (sometimes fairly obvious) suggestions for features/statistics that would be great to see tracked:

• Are other instruments on your to-do list? Seems like an added layer of complexity which would be cool, but maybe a bit too much extra work.
  • FC count and total score (separated per game, difficulty, instrument and any combination of those (such as "Easy Guitar overall" or "Medium Guitar+Bass+Drums+vocals on GHWT"). Not sure how far you're interested in separating this project).
  • Sorting of tables by columns (currently it sorts by tier) such as FC vs. not FC, difficulty, rating, %, timestamp, song name (alphabetical) and so on.
  • In the case of games such as GH2, GH1 that have wierd things going on with extra songs and such, it would be nice to have a totaliser for the normal songs as well as grand total. Currently GH1 totalises all 47 songs and the 6 extra songs from secret/demo together.
DrSham  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:
Are other instruments on your to-do list? Seems like an added layer of complexity which would be cool, but maybe a bit too much extra work.

Yep, I've updated the OP with plans for what data I intend to have loaded in, this includes all instruments on Post GHA games.

Mercurial wrote:
FC count and total score (separated per game, difficulty, instrument and any combination of those (such as "Easy Guitar overall" or "Medium Guitar+Bass+Drums+vocals on GHWT"). Not sure how far you're interested in separating this project)

Again, yep. I plan on having some sort of visual representation of FC's by whatever filtered combinations I make available. Probably any mix of games, difficulties, instruments, etc...

Mercurial wrote:
Sorting of tables by columns (currently it sorts by tier) such as FC vs. not FC, difficulty, rating, %, timestamp, song name (alphabetical) and so on.

Yep, I've sorted by Game/Section to represent both the in game experience and the structure on scorehero. I plan on adding a parameter sorting on every column available, a la scorehero.

Mercurial wrote:
In the case of games such as GH2, GH1 that have wierd things going on with extra songs and such, it would be nice to have a totaliser for the normal songs as well as grand total. Currently GH1 totalises all 47 songs and the 6 extra songs from secret/demo together.

You can sort of get this by using the filter called 'Songs Included' which is defaulted to All but the option to choose Setlist only will give you totals. I'll look to add a sub total at setlist level when the All option is selected.

I've added these to my 'planned enhancements' section in the OP

Gamertag - Doc Sham
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that seems interesting, I'd enjoy being in this if it's ok with you ^^ I'm really curious to see how this develop. Knowing you're in charge of it, I'm certain it'll be great. I'm already digging this new way of sorting through things
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also be interested in being added. Of course, if that's okay with you, excited to see what this will turn into.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: