ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DrSham's Tableau Viz Score Statistics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you put me in?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Well that seems interesting, I'd enjoy being in this if it's ok with you ^^ I'm really curious to see how this develop. Knowing you're in charge of it, I'm certain it'll be great. I'm already digging this new way of sorting through things

PinkiePie91 wrote:
I'd also be interested in being added. Of course, if that's okay with you, excited to see what this will turn into.

expertwin wrote:
Can you put me in?

Ok guys, I've added you in. Scores for GH1 & GH80s (for now) will follow shortly.

And thanks for the interest. Hopefully it will end up being worthwhile and I await any feedback and ideas :D

EDIT: arvain, in adding your GH1 scores an interesting issue has arisen. Your Caveman Rejoice (Medium) score is not showing as an FC. Investigations show you've typo'd the Note Streak...I've amended my data to show 528 NS instead of 529 so the FC shows up :D

EDIT 2 : Pinkie, same issue for your Cowboys from Hell (Hard) score. This was entered as a 1,331 NS instead of 1,321 so I've amended my data to make it show up

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more suggestions & features:

• Will there eventually be the ability for us to send you scores/update stuff ourselves? Failing that, how do you plan on updating your list when we redux stuff/submit new stuff?
  • It would be SUPER cool to combine this with your spreadsheets that you've made for bushidox, so that we could see our ranks compared to everyone else, not just those with manually entered data. Furthermore, combining queries with and/or improving upon the stuff here on the SH wiki would also be awesome
  • Totalisers for all values in a column (Say the FC count, or score) no matter what query criteria you've set up would be a really useful feature.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:

EDIT 2 : Pinkie, same issue for your Cowboys from Hell (Hard) score. This was entered as a 1,331 NS instead of 1,321 so I've amended my data to make it show up
Thanks, man! Both from me making a mistake like.... 2 years ago or so, and someone noticed, so it is fixed. Thanks for adding me as well! Can't wait to see what comes from this.

Edit: Something I noticed, seems it's not counting any FC for Metal Health on expert. Not sure what's going on there, just thought I'd let you know.
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be a typo in his note count value for that diff/song, happens to me a ton in my spreadsheet There's only so much care you can have when copying out note counts for thousands of charts
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Edit: Something I noticed, seems it's not counting any FC for Metal Health on expert. Not sure what's going on there, just thought I'd let you know.

As Merc said, typo on the note count, fixed now though

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
DrSham  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:
Will there eventually be the ability for us to send you scores/update stuff ourselves? Failing that, how do you plan on updating your list when we redux stuff/submit new stuff?

I plan on updating every 2 weeks from new scores entered in Scorehero. What I've done is taken a snapshot of scores entered from everyone's profile page the last time an update was done, and I'll just compare this against the current totals. Any changes I'll add in. What this means is that any older scores can be manipulated without ever being over-ridden, i.e. fixing up a typo that remains in scorehero which would revert back if I refreshed everything. Whilst this will entail a bit of manual work I'm not expecting it to be too onerous, and if I miss something I'm sure people will tell me if they are still interested in seeing their data and I'll just fix up what I've missed.

Mercurial wrote:
It would be SUPER cool to combine this with your spreadsheets that you've made for bushidox, so that we could see our ranks compared to everyone else, not just those with manually entered data. Furthermore, combining queries with and/or improving upon the stuff here on the SH wiki would also be awesome?

It's possible I could eventually convert the spreadsheets that bushi uses into Tableau but not in the short term, to many other things to do first. Same thing applies to the Wiki but never say never!

Mercurial wrote:
Totalisers for all values in a column (Say the FC count, or score) no matter what query criteria you've set up would be a really useful feature.

Unless I'm not understanding correctly, totals for FC Counts and Scores already exist in the table, and change on filtering options (or do you mean that overall totals don't change with filtering options? although I don't quite see the point or benefit of that). What there will be is various different counts/totals etc... on the individual user stats page, some that will be fixed and some that will change with filtering, so we'll see how that develops.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real suggestions I have are to have more than a 1-on-1 comparison of scores (if I wanted to compare, say, myself, Arvain and Drama on a song), and some way of linking the User Score Stats to this. Or rather, a way to view the top 1000 cumulative scores on all the games because it can't for whatever reason.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
DrSham  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
The only real suggestions I have are to have more than a 1-on-1 comparison of scores (if I wanted to compare, say, myself, Arvain and Drama on a song), and some way of linking the User Score Stats to this. Or rather, a way to view the top 1000 cumulative scores on all the games because it can't for whatever reason.

I think multi-player comparisons will be a bit down the line but certainly possible. As for linking to User Score Stats I don't have any way of getting at the underlying data to calculate what you've asked for so that's not going to happen!!

However, I do have an update in that I've started the FC page. Only includes basic data for GH1 & GH80s but it's a start. Let me have any feedback and I'll try t incorporate anything useful/possible!

Gamertag - Doc Sham
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for an update.... I've updated the OP with a brief synopsis but here's a bit more detail.

As mentioned previously, I've added GH:A scores, and along with it the necessary multi-platform functionality. Previously, as I only had data in for GH1 & GH:80s, this wasn't necessary so there is a new column in the Song Stats data and a filter has been added to both Song Stats and FC Stats.

The addition of mutli platform data has meant I've revisited what data I capture and to save space and processing speed I've removed the option to see non entered scores where no scores for a game/platform/difficulty combination exists, i.e. if someone has only played GH:A on PS2 Easy/Hard /Expert but not PS2 Medium then the PS2 Medium scores don't appear as an option to view. Previously, it existed and would present a full page of songs with no scores. However, if only 1 score has been entered then the whole page will show.

With the addition of multi platforms this brings with it the complexity of top score of a song over every platform, and additionally if the same score is on multi platforms which one was first, (as per the All selection on Scorehero). I eventually figured this out and the filter option 'Show Scores' is now used for this and gives an option either for All, Other or Best. The 'Best Scores' option does exactly what Scorehero does, the 'Other Scores' is every other score entered that isn't a top score (not sure how useful or used this wil be but it's there anyway!) and 'All' is every score entered. I've defaulted the filter on loading to 'Best Scores' as that is probably the most common way to look at stats but if there is a clamour to switch to 'All' then I can.

Finally, I've re-modelled the FC page slightly to allow more room for later series scores to show. I'm still not sure it's the best way of presenting the totals so there may be some changes upcoming. However, if anyone has any comments, even if it's to leave as is, then I'll be happy to have them!

Now for what's next.... I'm going to finish up the old school stuff and add in GH2/GH3 scores, and I'll deal with the GH2 360 Bonus Songs and adjusted score issue as I go (this will be needed for head to head comparisons later on so better to deal with it now). Hopefully is won't take too long and then I can move onto the new school stuff and the added complexities of multi instruments, proper FC's, extended star ratings, etc....

As always, feedback is encouraged, and if any stats need amending then let me know. Link is in my sig if you're too lazy to visit the OP!

Gamertag - Doc Sham
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly sure this is unintended, but there's a neat little trick you can do by going to the FC statistics page, selecting all players and then returning to the score statistics page to have a filterable rundown comparing all scores from everyone on this table

This is actually really cool if it had a couple of tweaks to the way that you organise data, so it would be nice to keep this, with the caveat that the processing power is gonna skyrocket if people actually use this:

• Would be nice if you could sort your source data and columns in such a way that the song name doesn't repeat for every difficulty and/or platform.
  • Difficulty column should be on the left of platform column, so that it can cascade properly (IMO difficulty is a much more important distinguisher than platform)
  • Difficulty and platform should both cascade properly too, ideally. Not sure what is/isn't possible in Tableau but it seems to do it correctly for rating.

This is what I mean (I just edited the previous picture in paint to represent how I'm suggesting)

Also, I think the remaining columns could be rearranged slightly too, although I'm not sure if it's better. Maybe that's me being used to certain formats :P This isn't as important, but here's an alternate format which could also be nice.

I personally think that score should be more important for sorting than platform anyway, I think that representing score from highest to lowest all the way down would be super cool.

IF keeping this all players comparison functionality, A "Player" column in the data representation would also be nice.

Last edited by Mercurial on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to include all scores entered, plus multiple FCs? Would it be possible to sort scores by the earliest FC inputted?

Also, I haven't really understood some of the adjusted scores on GH2, nor understand where the adjustment is for Gh3. I know some GH2 had changed/removed SP phrases, but not where that is on GH3.

ALso also, do you want to get all the on-disc songs up first before going to DLC?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:
I'm fairly sure this is unintended, but there's a neat little trick you can do by going to the FC statistics page, selecting all players and then returning to the score statistics page to have a filterable rundown comparing all scores from everyone on this table.

This is actually really cool if it had a couple of tweaks to the way that you organise data, so it would be nice to keep this, with the caveat that the processing power is gonna skyrocket if people actually use this:

• Would be nice if you could sort your source data and columns in such a way that the song name doesn't repeat for every difficulty and/or platform.
  • Difficulty column should be on the left of platform column, so that it can cascade properly (IMO difficulty is a much more important distinguisher than platform)
  • Difficulty and platform should both cascade properly too, ideally. Not sure what is/isn't possible in Tableau but it seems to do it correctly for rating.

Nope, fully intended. I just disabled the All functionality on the Score Stats page but allowed the filters to be linked. I can then see what it does as I'll be using this page as a template for my initial thoughts on how best to do comparative scores. Future plans are to leave the Song Stats page for individual player stats and have another page/pages for head-to-head/multiple comparisons. If I do end up combining multiple players into this page then I'll enable the filter and add a Player column.

As for your other points, this is what I can do...

The song title repeats as each data combination has it's own unique ID and is used as a hidden field to sort songs in the correct order (rather than alphabetically). I could add a further ID that links the same songs together, regardless of difficulty/platform and use that to sort on instead. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Having difficulty before/after platform is a personal choice and I don't have a view either way. I'll move it around and we'll see if anyone cares!

Difficulty/Platform cascading may be fixed once I've made these changes. If not I'll see what happens and try and fix it.

Mercurial wrote:
Also, I think the remaining columns could be rearranged slightly too, although I'm not sure if it's better. Maybe that's me being used to certain formats :P This isn't as important, but here's an alternate format which could also be nice.

I don't think I can move aggregated fields (sums, counts, etc...) from the end of the data pane as I believe this is a Tableau default (although I'll look into it). I can move data of a certain type around amongst themselves but that's probably as much as I can do.

Mercurial wrote:
I personally think that score should be more important for sorting than platform anyway, I think that representing score from highest to lowest all the way down would be super cool.

IF keeping this all players comparison functionality, A "Player" column in the data representation would also be nice.

I'll add the sort by score to the changes, should be easy enough although it will be within the confines of the structure, i.e. by rating probably, but full sorting options will be coming soon.

As mentioned before I'll add a Player column if this page doubles as multiplayer comparison. If not, then the column will be on the new page.

voidedalive2x wrote:
Are you going to include all scores entered, plus multiple FCs? Would it be possible to sort scores by the earliest FC inputted?

Also, I haven't really understood some of the adjusted scores on GH2, nor understand where the adjustment is for Gh3. I know some GH2 had changed/removed SP phrases, but not where that is on GH3.

ALso also, do you want to get all the on-disc songs up first before going to DLC?

I can only include the last score entered, but for each platform, so multiple FC's can be tracked. Just change the 'Show Scores' filter from Top to All and everything will show up. As for sorting, I plan to add numerous sorting options in the future that should help.

As far as adjusted scores go I've no idea if GH3 is affected or not. I'll find out soon enough though as I'm looking at GH3 scores / structures next.

Finally, phew...., DLC/Bonus/Extra scores will go up as I structure each game, although I've only had to add in a few for GH1 so far (Secret Songs and GH2 Demo) and these can be filtered in or out based on the 'Songs Included' filter.

EDIT: I've made all the structural changes that I can (I think). Have a look and see if it's now doing what you wanted, or whether I need to tweak further

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:55 am; edited 8 times in total
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, anyone else having a score on 18 and Liffe on more than one difficulty ? It goes 18 and life, 19 and life, 20 and life, 21 and life (does any other song begin with a number... can't remember)

Also, I'm guessing the FC doesn't show up if the highest score is a non-fc one. I noticed it with Ziggy and YGATC : my fcs had no whammy, hence horrendous scores.
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Hehe, anyone else having a score on 18 and Liffe on more than one difficulty ? It goes 18 and life, 19 and life, 20 and life, 21 and life (does any other song begin with a number... can't remember)

Also, I'm guessing the FC doesn't show up if the highest score is a non-fc one. I noticed it with Ziggy and YGATC : my fcs had no whammy, hence horrendous scores.

Damn autofill. Fixed, and nope there are no others

You're right about the FC not showing if not the high score. I don't have history data like Scorehero, just the one record per unique song to report against, and can't add some 'FC'd previously' logic. If the lower score/FC is the highest score on a different platform (as opposed to just an older score on the same platform) I might be able to do something but that's a lot of work for little gain at this stage. Once big ticket stuff is dealt with I can revisit the little quirks later.

What I can do is manually amend the record to reflect the best of both worlds and have the highest score, highest NS and highest % on the same record. It's your data and I'll reflect it however you want, and as I can't combine history from multiple records I don't see why I can't manually combine them into one, it's the same result. If you want me to amend any just let me know what and I'll change them.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: