SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DrSham's Tableau Viz Score Statistics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think I can move aggregated fields (sums, counts, etc...) from the end of the data pane as I believe this is a Tableau default (although I'll look into it). I can move data of a certain type around amongst themselves but that's probably as much as I can do.

I don't really want to be telling you what to do or how to do it, as I've never used the program other than the 15 minutes I spent tinkering after seeing this thread initially, but I believe you can define those aggregated fields as dimensions in your dimensions list (OR whatever the correct term is for the aggregated field), in which case you can drag/drop the column as you would anything else. At least, I was able to do that for my own "FC count" column. I initially defined it in the rows listing itself, then found out I could add logic code in a dimension to do it. Maybe I'm wrong, like I said - I didn't play for long!

Quote:

EDIT: I've made all the structural changes that I can (I think). Have a look and see if it's now doing what you wanted, or whether I need to tweak further

Yeah, much better. Thank you!! Really cool to compare things now. I look forward to seeing more progress. As with before, I'm prepared to help data entry or w/e if you need.
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:
I don't really want to be telling you what to do or how to do it, as I've never used the program other than the 15 minutes I spent tinkering after seeing this thread initially, but I believe you can define those aggregated fields as dimensions in your dimensions list (OR whatever the correct term is for the aggregated field), in which case you can drag/drop the column as you would anything else. At least, I was able to do that for my own "FC count" column. I initially defined it in the rows listing itself, then found out I could add logic code in a dimension to do it. Maybe I'm wrong, like I said - I didn't play for long!

Feel free, there's no such thing as a bad idea, and I'm far from being an expert, but this won't work for what I need. Although you can change any field from a measure to a dimension and drag in it, a dimension only retains some of the aggregate characteristics of a measure (min, max, count) so I'd lose the ability to total scores, hence why I can't and didn't do it. However, have a play and if you do find a way then I'm all ears.

On a completely different note, I'm thinking of displaying the FC Counts as little donut charts with the number achieved in the middle, as opposed to just a number, just to make it a little more visual. It would give a bit more info than currently as you'd know at a glance how many are still left to get. Anyway, once I've added GH3 stats I'll add the GH3 counts as donuts to see what it looks like.

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
What I can do is manually amend the record to reflect the best of both worlds and have the highest score, highest NS and highest % on the same record. It's your data and I'll reflect it however you want, and as I can't combine history from multiple records I don't see why I can't manually combine them into one, it's the same result. If you want me to amend any just let me know what and I'll change them.

'course, sure, but really that's no big deal at all I don't have many of these, so I remember all of them. Adding them manually for everyone would be a major hassle, too.

Donut away !

I suppose the FC taken into account is the most recent one, regardless of whether it's a new FC or a redux. For an instant I was like "hey wait, my last fc on gh80s was in 2009" then quickly figured out those in more recent years were reduxes since, like you said, it doesn't keep a history of older scores; only takes the latest ones.

Also, I agree with mercurial : difficulty over platform.

Can't wait to see the whole thing with all columns sortable and stuff ! ^^
DrSham  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut's have been added for GH1, GH80s & GH3 (where stats have been loaded), and the boxes have been left for GHA & Totals for comparisons. Let me know what you think and I'll go with the consensus...

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donuts look great
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:
Donuts look great

Yep they do. Simple yet efficient. Me gusta. Btw Mercurial, you messed up your % and NS for Carry Me Home on Hard ^^

Also, my gh80 donut will forever be stuck at 23 instead of 24 because Wrathchild has 618 notes on my game instead of 617. Sooooo sad. Hopefully I'll be able to get over this someday

Anyway, good luck entering GH3 data Sham! I see they're here for you already. Quick question : are all the games going to be on the same sheet ? I suppose they will. Should make the filtering and sorting even more relevant as data gets added, since the page is going to be considerably long haha !
DrSham  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Mercurial wrote:
Donuts look great

Yep they do. Simple yet efficient. Me gusta.

Cheers guys, a couple of my work colleagues also think they're more useful so I'll go with them and replace the box scores.

arvain wrote:
Also, my gh80 donut will forever be stuck at 23 instead of 24 because Wrathchild has 618 notes on my game instead of 617. Sooooo sad. Hopefully I'll be able to get over this someday

Not so! The benefit of structuring my own data and having my own logic to calculate stuff is that I can account for any individual anolamies such as this. As long as someone tells me and I can verify it's true then I'll put it in. I'll amend so that 617/618 NS both count as FC's and all will be well.

EDIT: Fixed. I see Naruto had the same issue. Must be a French thing

arvain wrote:
Anyway, good luck entering GH3 data Sham! I see they're here for you already. Quick question : are all the games going to be on the same sheet ? I suppose they will. Should make the filtering and sorting even more relevant as data gets added, since the page is going to be considerably long haha !

GH3 data won't take any longer than any others. All I do is copy the data into excel (1 platform and all 4 difficulties per player), spend 5 minutes reformatting (mostly the timestamp), add the finished data to a data workbook and then upload. For 11 players I've got it will probably take 2 hours and be done for good. After that I just add new scores incrementally.

All games will be on 1 sheet, manipulated by various sorts/filters/actions (we'll get to those later), the only difference being there will also be a filter/column for instrument when I get to the later games but fundamentally nothing will change apart from just more data being included. That said, I'll probably have more ways of presenting the data other than just a table, FC Totals and an FC timeline. I'll probably also do something around non FC's by %'s and whatever else anyone comes up with.

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Arvain. It's a score I found from years ago so I wasn't so careful entering I'm gonna redux it soon probably anyway.
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive stuff, I'm digging it! If you're still looking for more guinea pigs, I wouldn't mind being included in this.

As for suggestions, maybe I'm missing the feature but it would be cool to sort top scores by difficulty and game. Maybe include like top 20's, top 5's, 1st's, etc...just a thought. Cool stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
EDIT: Fixed. I see Naruto had the same issue. Must be a French thing

I don't know if it's a french thing, or some issue regarding early copies of the game or something, but you see that red note on the video that isn't there on the chart measure 44,25.

Kind of embarrassing to have an extra note, and still not getting close to the top scores owell.
DrSham  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
Impressive stuff, I'm digging it! If you're still looking for more guinea pigs, I wouldn't mind being included in this.

As for suggestions, maybe I'm missing the feature but it would be cool to sort top scores by difficulty and game. Maybe include like top 20's, top 5's, 1st's, etc...just a thought. Cool stuff.

Sure, I'll add you in. Just need to be patient whilst I trawl thru the initial data load but I'll have it in by the end of the week (up to the games I've currently dealt with anyway).

As for top N filtering, I assume you're talking about player comparisons? That will come later on as I'm dealing with individual stats first. Scoreboards / head to head stuff will be separate but is planned, although it will be limited to those whose data is being captured, not all of scorehero.

arvain wrote:
Kind of embarrassing to have an extra note, and still not getting close to the top scores owell.

Yep

Gamertag - Doc Sham
xLif  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just realized how useful this will be for games with lots of DLC because they aren't counted in the ranking box on your scores page. no more manual counting! (whenever you get to adding those games at least)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xLif wrote:
just realized how useful this will be for games with lots of DLC because they aren't counted in the ranking box on your scores page. no more manual counting! (whenever you get to adding those games at least)

I assume you mean the ranking box on Scorehero? What I'm doing will allow you to slice the data any way you want to, and if I miss anything then let me know and I'll add it in.

I've also started to add DLC games (I'm halfway through loading GH3!)....

Gamertag - Doc Sham
DrSham  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update time....

GH3 Stats have now been loaded, including DLC. Please check and let me know if anything is incorrect (that goes for GH1, GH80s & GHA as well).

FC totals have all now been converted to donuts and when choosing the ALL Platforms filter will also reflect total FC's available, i.e. each GH3 difficulty shows 70 possible FC's via Setlist, 68 via Others & 138 overall. The green portion of the donut represents FC's gotten (with the number in the donut), the red portion FC's left to get, with a hover over giving more detail.

I've also started on the Percentage breakdown chart (to the right of the data) although this is in the early stages of design and will likely change the way it's presented as I'm not overly happy with what I've done so far. On the FC page I've added a section (bottom right) summarising FC's by Difficulty / Instrument, but only includes Guitar at the moment but others will be added soon. Again, will probably change the way it's presented when I get all the data loaded and I think more about it.

Will load GH2 stats next so I can complete the O211 but I'll only be loading the ADJUSTED scores for now, as calculated by Scorehero. Don't see a need to complicate by adding both as it doesn't really add anything (although if anyone sees a need and can convince me why then I'll look into it).

Gamertag - Doc Sham
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand this much but I did have a little look at it and it looks intriguing. Feel free to add me to the list of users, Sham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: