ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Question for the players that can FC crazy hard songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Question for the players that can FC crazy hard songs Reply with quote

This is something I've been wondering a lot about while going for my FCs. Do you guys still get nervous and/or screw up when going for FCs that you know you can do? Like, if you can FC TTFAF do you still get nervous going for an FC of...say...Rock You Like a Hurricane or Freya or Killing in the Name? Or is it like playing on Easy or Medium for you? Do you only "struggle" on getting the hardest FCs, or is an FC that's say...mid-difficulty on Expert always going to be a situation of "I'm not 100% sure I can do this because of that one part?". Will the bridge in John the Fisherman always be "I hope I get past that part" or does it eventually become "what hard part?".

Thanks. I was wondering because after FC'ing on Hard...You Got Another Thing Comin', Symphony of Destruction, Carry on Wayward Son, You Really Got Me and Seventeen...I REALLY can't think of a situation in the future where I look at those songs and go "yeah...these are easy FCs for me". I just can't see them getting any easier then they are right now. Even if I get to the point where I can FC Bark at the Moon on Expert, I feel like I'm still going to look back at SoD on Hard and think "I doubt I can get this in one go".

My logic is that if I can FC it now, then I've hit the cap for how good I can be at the song, because I hit all the notes...so I still feel like there will always be that same chance of messing up as it is right now, if that makes sense. Yeah when you get better your skill increases, but only when it comes to FC'ing other songs. The songs you've already FC'd you've "mastered". Heart Shaped-Box on Medium isn't getting any easier for me than it was when I FC'd it like 10 years ago lol. See what I'm saying? If you apply that same logic to something like SoD on Hard, then won't it always be just as "hard" as when you first got that FC? That song will NEVER be as easy as HSB on Medium for anybody.

Or am I wrong? This is why I want to hear what the experts have to say.
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on the song.

A song like Rock you like a hurricane has 2 or 3 "hard" parts, but the issue being that one of them (the hardest part) is literally right at the end of the song, making it chokeable, so even the best of experts will have due respect for that part when approaching it. You can see this in randyladyman/Ukogmonkey's FGFC speedruns, they are always nervous about that part.

That said, your general philosophy is probably true but only to a point. In general, the better you get, the further down the easy scale some songs become.

There comes a point at which a song doesn't get any easier the better you get. Slow Ride on easy will always be a walk in the park for most expert players, no matter the total skill of that expert player, however someone who can FC barracuda on Hard/Expert isn't going to have as easy a time as real pro's. They might still do it, but it's still more difficult for them.

John the Fisherman is a good example to use of this. The bridge in that song is difficult to FC/pass for some people, but by the time you're getting more than 30% FCs on GH2 Expert, you'll look at that song and be surprised you ever struggled with it.

It's worth mentioning as well that some songs are difficult for different reasons. The way it ends, for example, isn't extremely hard at any point on expert, but is an endurance test that is just difficult enough that it becomes easy to miss as you get tired. Mauvais Garcon isn't technically difficult at any point, but the swung rhythm is just disruptive enough that it becomes easy to miss.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree in general with Mercurial. Although, in my case I would be in the camp where those songs on Hard wouldn't really be much of a thought anymore. There are definitely some songs on Hard that are still very touchy for me (Texas Flood, Nothin' But a Good Time, etc.), but as I've gotten better and am basically at the point where there's pretty much only 4 Hard songs in the game I can't FC (which, barring ANL on GH3 due to the glitched note and any glitched songs that are completely un-FCable I'm forgetting, are Trogdor, One, TTFAF and DWDTG).

There will eventually come points where songs that even now you think are going to be worrisome will eventually be less and less worrisome as your ability improves. It's never at a point where every song is easy (becase, yknow, Expert and even Hard can be bitches with charting), but I think you'll find things getting easier as you go.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will always be those few moderately difficult songs that I never want to play again, in particular Carry On Wayward Son and You Really Got Me, because of specific sections in those songs that always seem to trip me up no matter which game I play them on. And then there are those crazy hard songs, like you stated in the OP, that I enjoy playing because I can FC them consistently even if I periodically mess up in random places.
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to add that muscle memory plays a lot into getting good at one specific song. I'm mostly thinking about stuff like One's orange wall and TTFAF's Herman Solo on Hard. Your hands just remember how you're supposed to do them if you've practiced them a lot, and you just don't worry about them when you get there in a run.

To me, the same goes with practically the whole GH3X setlist, save Raining Blood, One, Don't Hold Back and TTFAF. The rest is just a pure cakewalk because my hands just remember how to hit every difficult part, because I've played them way too much in the last 10 years or so. Of course I do get a little bit nervous when I get to the harder parts, but I've FCed those songs so many times that it doesn't even matter that much, and clearly not as much as the very first time I FCed them.

Heck, I even got a random BatH FC the other day without having practiced the hard section in a very long time, and it's all due to muscle memory knowing exactly what to do. Right after that I wasn't nervous at all because I knew the rest of the song was literally unmissable.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much, as long as you don't break fingers/wrists (ala me) muscle memory + warming up a bit is pretty much it. Like, I'm 99% sure I could go FC Godzilla on GH1 10+ times in a row due to how much I've played that song for a good score. Pretty much everything about it is in this thread. Though, some songs, such as Don't Hold Back... are a bit luck based.
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it all depends for me. There are plenty of songs now that used to be extremely hard that I no longer find difficult at all, and then there are song like Flames where i've FC'd, but I doubt i'll ever be in a position to say that i'll FC it first try whenever I play it. (Now, something like Rev Death, I honestly have FC'd first try after not playing it in weeks lol, but that's due to the muscle memory i've built up). Over time, certain patterns and things of that sort will become easier. You really can't ever say for sure when that time comes, but one day you'll play a song that was really tough to FC, and all of a sudden, it's not tough anymore =p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: