ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ballroom Blitz, Solo 1B

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Ballroom Blitz, Solo 1B Reply with quote

how?

Edit: to elaborate, I can barely hit this on slowest, but will randomly get a 2x sometimes on full speed. It feels like complete luck, and I'm not sure it's even worth practicing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nowhere near good enough to hit that section, but the strumming and actual rhythm of the song seem way off. I would guess it's like 80% luck and 20% skill/muscle memory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to strum about at the halfway point between the doublets and strum barely after you fret. Strum the strums early and maybe the hopos a bit late. Try to release a fret as soon as you strum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I start off strumming the 12 previous notes a tiny bit late and keep the same rhythm for the doublets, fretting early and strumming about in between the HOPOs and the strums. I also start with two downstrums, but that's up to you. I'm pretty sure what does it is to fret early and strum as near to the strums as possible, without falling late.

EDIT: I've hit the section about a dozen times doing that, and got dozens of -1's and -2's near the end. Note that if you miss once near the beginning you barely have any chance of getting a combo back.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FC'd the section few times in a row by basically forcing myself to fret and strum at a different time so that I can fret way before I actually strum. I also focus mostly on the green strums (and the last red strum obv) as some artificial reference to know if my timing is right.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssionQC wrote:
I FC'd the section few times in a row by basically forcing myself to fret and strum at a different time so that I can fret way before I actually strum. I also focus mostly on the green strums (and the last red strum obv) as some artificial reference to know if my timing is right.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YES YES YES THIS EXACTLY

If you fret and strum nearly at the same time, you'll either end up fretting too late and missing the HOPO, or strum the HOPO instead of the note you need to strum.

Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Crid262  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds good. Just try again many times, if you can still do it, it's not luck ;)
xbillax  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo slower speeds is useless for learning how to do this solo, just play full speed. I too focus on the lowest strums, making sure I strum perfectly timed on each of them.

(better late advice than never Kappa)
GH5 00/85 - GHVH 00/47 - GHWoR 00/93 - GHL 00/42
CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
AbyssionQC wrote:

If you fret and strum nearly at the same time, you'll either end up fretting too late and missing the HOPO, or strum the HOPO instead of the note you need to strum.

Doubling down on this. It's very tight, but you key in on that different timing.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CryofthePlanet wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:
AbyssionQC wrote:

Doubling down on this. It's very tight, but you key in on that different timing.

Whoa there, that's a name I haven't seen in a while.

aWiseMoose  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, turning off hyperspeed and using the towel trick worked for me. I have no explanation as to why that helped, but I got a lot more consistent once I did that. And of course as others have said, focus on strumming after fretting.
CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
CryofthePlanet wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:
AbyssionQC wrote:

Whoa there, that's a name I haven't seen in a while.

Look who's talkin'. *chkchk*

Two years late, but it seems this place is dead. Ahh, such memories.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bushidox  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of names that are a blast from the past, I looked up aWiseMoose to try to congratulate him in his own thread, and guess what? This thread contains literally his only post on the forums EVER. In either case, congrats to aWiseMoose for taking over 1st overall on the O211, a huge amount of work went into that.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: