ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Roland with GHWT Kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Roland with GHWT Kit Reply with quote

Is there anyone still around who knows how to set up the Roland Kits to play GH drums? I've spent a week on and off trying to set it up, with no success. Drops notes / overhits regularly. I bought 2 Xbox 360 modules off ebay, so it's entirely possible that neither works properly.

I've already been through this thread - https://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 but I haven't been able to get anywhere with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Roland with GHWT Kit Reply with quote

Since you mention it drops hits and overhits, I'm assuming you found the right midi values to register the hits in general.

For me for some reason my GHWT kit itself seemed to interfere with the hits (or maybe I just had a sensitive GHWT kit and/or the vibrations triggered it) and eventually I made the decision to cut the wires on my GHWT kit that ran to the pads. If memory serves me correctly, that solved my issues with overhits. Don't hold me responsible if you ruin your GHWT kit and this doesn't solve your problem, though.

As for dropping hits, I made sure I set the sensitivity at the highest possible level (or do I mean setting the threshold at the lowest level? I don't remember). I think this also ensured I would pretty much always hit the flams.

My Roland kit is stored in the basement nowadays, so I don't think I can easily look up what exact values I used... I vaguely remember there was a setting that would automatically ignore any double hits within some x millisecond time window or something like that. But I can't really help beyond what little I still remember. Feel free to ask more questions though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Roland was still set up from when I used to use it all those years ago. Unfortunately it seems my disposed of the GH items, which is why I've had to purchase some new bits that don't seem to be as good.

I was able to find the Midi > USB cable and run the tuning software on my pc. Sadly, even when I'm spamminng the 'Test' button it seems that ocasionally one or more of the pads trigger late and offbeat from the base pedal.

Looks like I bought 2 faulty modules. Don't know if there's a fix for that.

I'm using the modules seperately. The GHWT kit is already broken - I let my little boy play around with it and it's now a little 'used'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: