ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Does GH On Tour have an alt strumming bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Does GH On Tour have an alt strumming bug? Reply with quote

Been playing the DS game recently and it took me a while to get used to. First of all my fingers cannot go nearly as fast in this game, but it is what it is. That kind of comes with the peripheral...it's just going to be harder to be mobile with your fingers on this little piee of plastic than it would be on an actual GH guitar. That I don't have a huge problem with.

What I'm really having a problem with is the alt trumming. Honestly the strumming in general just sucks. Sometimes I'll miss random notes for no reason at all. But the alt strumming is a HUGE problem. I legitimately failed Anna Molly on Expert...a song that I could probably FC if it was in the main game. I know I'm hitting it right on time and I know it because sometimes I'll have a 50 note streak in the alt strumming sections. I know I'm doing it right. But sometimes I'll miss an entire wall of alt strumming notes. Not even just a few here or there...I'll miss the entire wall literally. It doesn't even look like I'm missing, it's almost like the game just failed to register anything in those 2 seconds, like it just stops working. Jet Airliner is another one that I CAN'T EVEN 5 STAR ON HARD. It's honestly ridiculous at this point. I'm just getting pissed off.
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I can't even pass I Know a Little. I've tried it 3 times now and I can't pass the intro. This is an intro that I woud be able to FC or near FC in the main game. I don't know guys...this game sucks.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Use a real guitar pick.

The OT games... the engines do suck, especially Alt strumming. The only tip is when it's starting to piss you off, stop playing for a bit. I wouldn't call it a bug, or well, kinda is I suppose. It's just not good at registering it at all. Sorry, this probably isn't much help at all.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean it's doable, zlink did 'em all. it's plain ass hard. i've gone through all the songs on easy, of course there's not much alt strumming but quite a few and didnt have any problems.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so I beat I Know a Little in one try today somehow. The first time going through this game there was 4 songs I didn't 5 star on Hard and 5 songs I didn't 5 star on Expert (including I Am No Your Gameboy). As of right now I have 5 starred everything on Hard and I still have 3 more songs to 5 star on Expert. I'll go through the songs that I couldn't 5 star on the first try.

Hard

All The Small Things- The only reason I didn't 5 star this was because it was the second aong in the game and it was my first time playing GH on the DS in like 8 years. I got this easily after going back after beating Expert.

Are You Gonna Be My Girl- The first song to do the "alt strumming bullshit", I barely 5 starred this on my second try. This is a song that I could FC on the main game. Amazing.

Jet Airliner- This song never gave me any bullshit with the alt strumming, but it was a case of the fact that this song was a decent step up from the previous tier so I just wasn't expecting it, and I was still getting used to the DS guitar pad. I 5 starred it easily in my second try after beating Expert. I missed 6 notes, almost FC'ing it actually.

I Am Not Your Gameboy- Ok this song is weird. I tried it yesterday, barely got 4 stars, thought it was very hard. I tried it on Expert today, got 5 stars in one go, then I got 5 stars in one go on Hard. Very strange. This song is actually not that bad. I have no idea why it killed me so much when I treid it on Hard the first time.

Expert

Are You Gonna Be My Girl- I still can't 5 star this, I've tried it twice now. The alt strumming bullshit is insane here. I just can't keep a combo. Again, on the main game I would be able to FC this.

Jet Airliner- I don't know why I didn't 5 star this on the first try, but on the second try I got it easily. I only missed 12 notes. Again, this song actually registers my alt strumming. I don't get it.

Anna Molly- One of the songs that led to me making this topic. By some miracle I was able to 5 star this on the second try. The alt strumming bullshit still happened, but I used SP in the right spots and I was able to get a little bit over the cutoff. God damn. Seriously, I'll have a 150 NS and the game just randomly fucking decides to not register an entire wall of notes. I don't get it.

Knock Me Down- I 3 starred this on the first try, the only song in the game that I wasn't able to 4 star on the first try. Yeah...this song is without a doubt the hardest 5 star in the game. I managed to get 4 stars on the second try, but my multipler was only 2.2 so I still have another half a star of points to make up. The problem with this song is that due to all the weird strumming, my hand actually slides down the stylus and I have to readjust at least 5 times during the song. I'm taking a break right now and I'll go back to it when my hand stops being sweaty. I think I can get this, but it's gonna take a REALLY good run.

I Know a Little- Surprisingly, after I got past the intro I almost 5 starred this on the first try. Granted it was a pretty good run overall. Now this is the only song that I haven't tried a second time yet, but I don't see this being as tough as Knock Me Down.

I still think the hardest one to get will be Knock Me Down. Are You Gonna Be My Girl is bullshit and I hope I can get a lucky run soon where the strumming doesn't screw me over. I Know a Little shouldn't be TOO bad, but all I can say is that these last three are gonna take some grinding.
EXEprog527  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the alt strumming in the first DS game is picky (and I remember the notes in general feeling like there's lag with no way to calibrate it). To me its almost like its lagging so I have to strum and stop strumming early.

As for the other DS games they aren't as bad actually. It doesn't have that laggy feeling and alt strumming is easier in the others. Especially in MH and BH. Decades sometimes I can feel it a little bit but its not as bad for sure.

I thought it was always me I guess not tho.

Highly recommend playing the other ones before hating on the ds series like everyone else. Decades, Modern Hits and BH are fun. Even drums on BH using the buttons is addicting to play.

Now I want to go replay the DS ones again x)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: