ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tournaments in Minneapolis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Tournaments in Minneapolis Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there was anyone in the Minneapolis area that would want to get together and have a tournament. It wouldn't even have to be for money. I just like playing with people, and my friends aren't all that good. Let me know if you're interested!
supremelord  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, this coming wednesday (8/9/06) is the last week of the Guitar Hero contest at Memory Lanes in Minneapolis. I really wish I had known about this site earlier, since we could use some more people. You should show up and play, or just contact me and maybe we can find a time to get together. Here is some info about the tourny.

Memory Lanes Bowling Alley
26th Ave and 26th St, Minneapolis MN
Cost: Free!
Prize: $50 gift card to the bar (best prize ever)
10:00pm until about 12:30am

Basically, when you get there you fill out a form saying which song you want to play, then the MC starts calling out people, you go up on a little stage and rock out! You are going for most points. At around 12:15, the top 4 scores make the finals, which is head to head. 1st seed plays 4th seed, and 2nd plays 3rd. The lower seed gets to choose the song and the difficulty in each match. Winner advances, so score is irrelevent here. The winners of the two matches face off in the final. Normally the MC buys shots for the final 4, and occasionally they give away other stuff like a poster or something for second place.

Like I said above, wednesday is the last night for the tourny, which kinda sucks for you. But if you show up come and find me and my friend. We bowl and play guitar hero, so we will be there all night. He plays under the stage name "Macho Man Touchers", and I go by "Hay Zeus". Hope to see you there. If you cant make it, we should still try to work something out. Hope to see you there!
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, I had a blast last night. I probably shouldn't have gotten that drunk; I would have loved playing BatM backwards in front of all of you, but I got wasted. Thanks for telling me about it, it was fun.
trofl  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably be up that way this weekend (Apple Valley, actually)... but school starts soon for me here in Iowa so umm, probably shouldn't spend my time playing GH since I won't be back for a while.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
supremelord  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the weekly guitar hero at Memory Lanes ended last week (the 9th). But they have promised me that they are going to bring it back again when GH2 comes out, so I will keep everyone informed this time. Also, me and a couple of others are trying to get another weekly tourny organized at the Chatterbox in highland park, so I will keep news on that up as well.
Sosaman66  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in minneapolis too, but worked overnights this past week so i couldn't make it. one of my friends told me about afterwards lol. I'm not that good on hard or expert anyways, maybe one of these days there'll be a medium difficulty in a tournament sometime.

emptyset wrote:
odu479 wrote:
wrote:
i hav no clue wat i jus did

Good to know you do things that you have no idea what they do. I hope for humanity's sake, you never work in a nuclear testing facility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: