ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fast triplets help (TK65, Take it Off, ZS, etc)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Fast triplets help (TK65, Take it Off, ZS, etc) Reply with quote

Is there any "easy" way to learn how to do parts with the really fast triplets like the end of Ziggy or the second solo of Thunder Kiss? Those parts just kill my scores in those songs.

Please let me know if you have any pointers. Or rather, how did you approach/get/master them when you first saw/got them?
ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well for take it off, they are all 16th notes, if that helps any. i always get the whole triplet part on take it off excpet the last red note.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually do pulloffs for those, just strum the first note for each pulloff and keep a steady rythym for the whole thing
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
well for take it off, they are all 16th notes, if that helps any. i always get the whole triplet part on take it off excpet the last red note.

ES (or others): When you play the sixteenth notes, do you think 1-2-3-4, or 1-2-3 (because there's only three notes repeated but four notes to the measure)?

I'm getting screwed up because when I see the three notes, I'm automatically thinking triplets. And then when I think sixteenth, I get screwed up with the fingerings. I'm just getting frustrated with these *yells loudly*.

Any more help would be awesomely appreciated. Thanks guys.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:

that's brilliant!!! why didn't i ever notice that???

finally i have a shot at FCing this one...

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
i actually do pulloffs for those, just strum the first note for each pulloff and keep a steady rythym for the whole thing

So, would you recommend alternate strumming for the rhythm of the yellow note and pulling off or just down strumming?

rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
popemobile wrote:

So, would you recommend alternate strumming for the rhythm of the yellow note and pulling off or just down strumming?

I just downstrum the yellows. I found it gave me a better chance of hitting the last red note.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
ES (or others): When you play the sixteenth notes, do you think 1-2-3-4, or 1-2-3 (because there's only three notes repeated but four notes to the measure)?

Musicians usually count 16th notes as "1 e and ah 2 e and ah" and leave the numbers for the actual beats. So, for example, the beginning of Infected is "1 2 3e+a4, 1 2 3e+a4, 1e+a2 3e+a4 1e+a2 + 3." Looks really stupid to type out, but it makes sense in practice.

I just think of them as "1-e-and 2-e-and". So to answer your question the way it was asked, I think of it in 4. It's just that the 4th note is a rest.
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
I just think of them as "1-e-and 2-e-and". So to answer your question the way it was asked, I think of it in 4. It's just that the 4th note is a rest.

But if you look at the note chart, the 4th beat ISN'T a rest. It goes like this:

1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a ...
Y R G Y R G Y R G Y R G ...

So I just have trouble strumming four times per beat but only cycling through three *different* notes during that time. It screws with my head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: