Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I Love Rock & Roll
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: I Love Rock & Roll Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried many times to get above 67,304 with no luck. I've analyzed the star powers and tried activating them at different times, but always seem to come out with 67,304 in the end.

I noticed there are a few scores above 68,000, although many people are tied at my score.

If anyone knows how (or can figure out how) to break this barrier of 67,304, please share.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key to maximizing the score for me (I'm in 3rd now with 68,300) is using the star power 2nd to the end a little early so you can get two more boosts during the end run to be able to use it one more time.

I know this is confusing, but during the last empty space (about 3/4 of the way through the song) you should activate the star power when the singer says the word "and" during "and we'll be moving on..."

If you activate it then it runs out just as two green stars appear. If you wait a bit longer then one yellow star appears and you can now use your star power one more time.

It took a lot of trial and error to figure out how to do it. I hated ending the song with 1/4 full star boost meter. I'm assuming yours is 1/4 at the end as well.

That's how I did it. Good luck.

Oh, and by the way, great job on the site.

Last edited by Madibart on Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the URL, replace the "id=XXX" with "id=247", or whatever your number is.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding, I'll give it a shot.

As far as your signature, change the XXX to 509

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was able to get 68,344.

Here's the strategy I came up with:

1. Get the first star power combo
2. Start whammying the held note immediately

Activate star power exactly 8 beats into the hold, such that you gain an additional 208 points from star power use on the hold. You should be able to hit every note under star power (you must rush the last note to get it in) until the next star power combo.

1. Get this next star power combo.
2. Get the next one to fill your meter half way.

Activate star power before the very next two G notes (activate as late as possible). Rush the notes as it deactivates to get an extra note.

1. Whammy this entire next held note.

Use star power as the yellow notes begin (again as late as possible). This will last up to the solo.

Now get the 2 star powers in the solo but don't use it yet. Wait until the red hold. Whammy this hold as soon as it starts and activate star power just a little bit after the 12th beat into the freeze. The star power should deactivate just in time before the next combo.

Get the last two combos and activate for the next following notes (as late as possible on the note).

Perfecting this strategy lead me to get 68,344 (currently a 3rd place score).

Note: that there is one star power combo this strategy skips and it occurs in the middle of the star power that I mentioned above in red text. If you can find a way to use all the star powers let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing some analysis of this song to see if it is possible to determine the maximum score, and get the same results in the game. This star power usage strategy is better than the one I came up with (according to my analysis anyway). The problem is that I come up with a possible score of 73775, while the best score anyone has posted on scorehero is only 69072 (the best I have been able to come up with is 67100, but I haven't tried JC's strategy yet so I should be able to improve on that slightly). I am either doing something wrong in my analysis, or it is surprisingly difficult to execute the strategy perfectly (I would expect somebody would be able to do better than 93% effeciency).

According to my analysis, after the second long red hold, the optimal score would be 24275. After the third (during a star power activation), the score should be 40700. And immediately after picking up the last star power notes, the score should be 64100. I haven't tried comparing my score to these values while playing yet, but I will try it later today or this weekend to see where I am going wrong.

I don't think there is any way to use all of the star power in this song. My strategy picked up all of the star power notes, but it also wasted star power because it would allow the star power to fill up in the middle of some whammys.

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know your results, I'd like to see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't got any definitive results, but I did work on this a bit over the weekend. I found that I was able to stay within a few hundred points of my calculated score through about half of the song, but then I deviated more significantly in the second half. Although I was able to boost my rating on easy, and also on medium and hard using the same SP strategy. I haven't yet determined if I miscalculated something towards the end of the song, or if I am just messing up that much, but I suspect it is the former, since my best score is now very close to the top score. But one thing I can say is that the score is very sensitive to small errors, whether it be from not squeezing in that extra note before SP runs out, or from not holding a long note right to the very end. All in all I think that the idea of calculating the best possible scores for each song is a very good one. Although I am surprised how difficult it actually is to achieve the best score, even on the easiest song!

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
dbunder  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm never able to get the last two stars at the end whilst keeping the rest of my star power perfect, or nearly so. At the end after the last long red note, I have full star power. It seems if I set it off as SOON as its full (about 3/4 through the note), I'm unable to hit the two star fields at the end. The only way I can hit them is by setting off the star power on the red note as soon as I hit it (without whammying). But that ends up screwing my score pretty good.

Still, my score is pretty good. 40th place. Can't complain. But it could improve. I just like to study songs and develop my own strategies instead of use other peoples' strategies. But getting a little help with my own strategies doesn't bother me.

Here's what I do to get my current score:
-Get the first two combos, whammy the first red hold, activate right before the yellow notes after the freeze. This will expire JUST as another combo comes up. But it skips one combo after the yellow notes.

-Get the next two combos, whammy the red hold. This will fill your meter. Activate it right before the yellow notes again. This will expire just before the combos in the solo.

-Get the two in the solo, whammy the red hold. Your meter will be full. Right before the greens. It will skip one combo - the one I want. This is my sticking point. Any time I activate it during or after the red hold, it misses the second to last combo.

Any suggestions?
Sargoth  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this one today. 30 minutes with my own strat ,
Then I checked up on some strats and the only thing I could find that would get me more points are these very small strategies , early whammy and squeezing the SP. Any other ides :S

BTW , I cant submit it seems , coz I aint got EXCEL...any other ways of doing it? THnx
GuitarHero670  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbunder wrote:
. Right before the greens. It will skip one combo - the one I want. This is my sticking point. Any time I activate it during or after the red hold, it misses the second to last combo.

Any suggestions?

Where there a blank space after the solo activate your SP a bit into that and you'll get that Sp.It bugged me too
Sargoth  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay nevermind that , I got it all worked out now , mostly.

Hit 68 500 just now , without the last SP. I have no idea how much it gains if done perfectly tho , so this might be the max for me for all I know...
Dougie  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea what the exact tolerance, (preferably in terms of a fraction of a measure,) is on the end of a note before you are actually counted as having missed that note?

I have been searching for "that last note" on this song and can't find it unless there is some very small fractional tolerance, specifically, 1/30th of a measure.

Does anyone know?

I guess more specifically: Exactly how many measures wide IS a note?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Easy All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: