ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Steel cased pads?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Steel cased pads? Reply with quote

I'm seriously thinking about buying DDR Max 2, but if I'm going to buy a DDR game, I don't want to use those floppy pads that'll move everywhere. I went to a party over a month ago and some dude had these impressive looking steel cased pads for the game. I used the pads, danced and now I'm hooked.

Where would I go to find these pads? I hear they're expensive as balls, but I wouldn't mind shelling out some scratch later on. Is there a place in the US I could buy them, or would I have to resort to Playasia or whatever?

Break Down FTW!

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedOctane's Afterburner is your best bet for a home metal pad. $250 USD before shipping. It's the most sensitive pad on the market, and has the closest feel to arcade that you can find.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking a? O_o

Can I walk into any EBGames or whatever and order one of those from them, or will I have to order them myself, which is probably the case with the shipping cost involved.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of Buy N Shop USA metal pads that I got a few years ago for $130 apiece. You may want to look those up.

And GameStop places and such won't order in stuff like that.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
Fucking a? O_o

Can I walk into any EBGames or whatever and order one of those from them, or will I have to order them myself, which is probably the case with the shipping cost involved.

You will need to order directly from redoctane.com for it.

As for the buy n shop usa pads... I've played on them... sensitivity is balls.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shew...are the Buy n Shop pads worth buying over the Afterburner? Are they still good enough to use? I may consider the BnS when I get a chance to look it up. Mostly because of the cheaper cost...

Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Steel cased pads? Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about buying DDR Max 2, but if I'm going to buy a DDR game, I don't want to use those floppy pads that'll move everywhere. I went to a party over a month ago and some dude had these impressive looking steel cased pads for the game. I used the pads, danced and now I'm hooked.

Where would I go to find these pads? I hear they're expensive as balls, but I wouldn't mind shelling out some scratch later on. Is there a place in the US I could buy them, or would I have to resort to Playasia or whatever?

Break Down FTW!

Dude, why didn't you play on my afterburner when you was at Squirrelfest?

Yes you have to order them directly from RO.

And I also recommend the Afterburner, finally passed Cartoon Heroes on Heavy, and got past the freeze arrows on max 300 on heavy...

Oh and DMA, I know you can play imports now, if you want to get THE ddr mix to get, unless you really, really like Break down, get the Japanese version of DDR Extreme. It has over 100 songs on it.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno why I didn't use your pad...I guess GH took priority.

I'm not a super huge fan of DDR, so I'll probably stick with the US games, unless something catches my fancy later down the road. It's also the reason why I'd rather get the cheaper pad than the AB, but if it's preferred over the BnS, I might look into it...

AsILayDying  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to spend a little more for a pad, the Cobalt Flux is probably the best. I don't know about the afterburner, I've never seen one used, but I figure if its from RO then its probably very good quality. I would recommend to never buy a pad from Buy n Shop, I had one which had very little sensitivity and after about 3 days the left arrow didn't work anymore.
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also a Cobalt Flux fanboy. Had mine for a year and a half now, and it still works utterly flawlessly.
Ashes2Ashes  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having played on both an Afterburner and a Cobalt Flux, I would have to say the flux feels more like the arcade pads do. Don't be fooled by pads that look like ones you would find at an arcade (usually TX- ####), they're widely known as POS's. While the Cobalt flux isn't an arcade clone, it's probably your best bet other than buying a machine...
ExiledSoldier  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as most people have said the Cobalt Flux is really the way to go. My friend got the RedOctane afterburner and it was broken upon arrival.
lickz171  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a metal pad. $120 dollars though but came with ddr extreme. its from some game company in cali
piratetrips12  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cobalt flux myself. It's definitely your best bet but its kind of on the expensive side ($300 + shipping). It definitely will never break and the only maitenence I've ever had to do on it is cleaning some dirt built up under the arrows.
eXcelon969  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i 2nd (or 3rd) the afterburner.

i got mine based on phreak's recommendation and i'm glad i got it

250$ (got free shipping)

i'm not the greatest player but my accuracy went WAY up compared to my old 1" thick softpad

i can now AA 7 footers with less than 10 greats

as for my relative skill i can A only a handful of 9 footers, most move too fast for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: