ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Baltimore, MD - Wednesdays at Fletcher's CANCELED AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricecake  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just sent some emails back and forth with the owner, and IT'S BACK ON! This time, hosted by my friend Tracy and myself. Tracy will be setting up, and I will be shutting it down (since I have a late class and can't get there until about 11:00). I'll update the first post now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
So I just sent some emails back and forth with the owner, and IT'S BACK ON! This time, hosted by my friend Tracy and myself. Tracy will be setting up, and I will be shutting it down (since I have a late class and can't get there until about 11:00). I'll update the first post now.

must...fix....car >_<
Bizjark  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg, I couldn't make it tonight. I planned to try and get there around 10:30 but a bunch of things came up. Got to be around 12 and I just figured its gonna end soon and is not worth the trip, so I'll just catch this next week hopefully.

Any idea on when it usually ends each night? Just in case for the future if I end up coming late.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, hope you can make it next week. It was pretty quiet last night, by around midnight I was the only person left.

I keep it going until shortly before the bar closes at 2 AM. Last night I packed it up around 1:45 or so.

Also, we will probably not have it the week of Halloween since Tracy will not be available to set it up. This will also give me a week and a half to practice GH3 and learn any unlock all code there may be (the PS2 at the bar has no memory card).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT! I'm so glad this is back on. TY SOOOO much for stepping up on this as it is a great opportunity to get out, have some beer, play some GH AND hang out with some great people. I will plan to be there 10/17/07 as I am slow in checking up on this and busy at work.
Bizjark  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg, I tried going this week. I was around the area at about 11:15 but then I couldnt find a damn parking space. Also, I noticed I had lost my wallet, even though there was a chance I could've gotten in to play the game, I probably would've still needed to show ID. Bleh, another week missed, and I ended up getting lost in the city for at least a half hour trying to get out, haha.

Maybe once GHIII comes out I'll try this one more time. There's probably some kind of parking place for the bar that I may've missed. Oh well, hope you guys all had a good time there.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I will admit that parking around that area is a bitch most of the time. It's not as bad for me since I ride a motorcycle though.

We had a much better turnout this week compared to last week. Some band from Texas was in town recording an album, so they were hanging out playing with us tonight. Testurcules made it up too, as well as most of the regulars and a few randoms.

I hope you find your wallet and can make it back out soon!

Also, remember that we are not having it the week of Halloween, so plan ahead I'll probably be busy working on GH3 that night, and will be bringing it the following week.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I meant to say misplaced my wallet, I had left it on my computer stand at home for some stupid reason.

I really wish I could've been there, it really does sound really fun. Maybe next time I wont be so lost and I'll have the patience to look around for a spot to park. Yeah, can't wait for GHIII. Hopefully I'll be able to show up that first wednesday after the game comes out or the next one that will be held there so we can all be noobs at the songs together, haha.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My class was canceled this week, so I will be there from 9 PM until closing this week only. So, if anybody wants to meet a fellow ScoreHero, come on out!

BTW, the owner emailed me asking for ideas on what we could do to improve turnout (last week not withstanding). The budget is fairly limited so we can't do any crazy giveaways or anything, but what sort of things would entice you to come out on a Wednesday night to play Guitar Hero in a bar?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
My class was canceled this week, so I will be there from 9 PM until closing this week only. So, if anybody wants to meet a fellow ScoreHero, come on out!

BTW, the owner emailed me asking for ideas on what we could do to improve turnout (last week not withstanding). The budget is fairly limited so we can't do any crazy giveaways or anything, but what sort of things would entice you to come out on a Wednesday night to play Guitar Hero in a bar?

So I've got a question.....what's the average age range that comes out on wednesday nights? About how many people have you had on average?
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eviligloo wrote:
So I've got a question.....what's the average age range that comes out on wednesday nights? About how many people have you had on average?

I would say the average age would be around 25 or 26. It is a bar, so technically you have to be 21+ to get in after a certain time.

The number of people who show up ranges from about 3 (including myself) on slow nights, to about 15 or 20 people on good nights hanging out in the back for the game (there are pool tables up front and they have pool tournaments there, so a lot of people are more interested in that than GH).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i just came across this site (love it) and i've heard about fletchers guitar hero nights, but never got around to coming out. ill probably come out tonight to check it out and have some guitar hero fun. what version ghII are you running? ps2 or 360? just curious. im george btw.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We play PS2. GH2, GH80s, and GH1 depending on the crowd. We will also have GH3 for PS2 the week after it is released (there will be no GH at Fletcher's on Halloween night).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good fun last night guys. see you all next time for sure.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for coming out! Hope to see you again after Halloween.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: