ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII 80s Sightreading NEW INFORMATION - Results Posted!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: GHII 80s Sightreading NEW INFORMATION - Results Posted!! Reply with quote

GUITAR HERO EVENTS APPLICATION IS NOW LIVE
Please go to www.ghevents.net and register - I suggest you use the same username you use your scorehero handle as well when registering - that way there will be no confusion about who is who. I also suggest you put in a real e-mail address, as if all goes well, I will be adding some features e-mailing you the results for each round as soon as the round is closed. If you have any bugs to report, or any suggestions/enhancements/etc to give me, I will have a thread up in the software forum (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=253933#253933) where you can post. Please don't post suggestions in this thread, as I'd prefer it to be used for discussion on the sightreading competition

Anybody who has signed up in this thread will need to log into the new site and register there. My hope is that eventually all tournaments and events can be run through this site, as I believe it will vastly cut down on the administrative overhead associated with these activities.

Also, I recommend using Internet Explorer when browsing the sites - I have tested it with Firefox, and it works fine, (except for the color coded key on the main menu, which appears to be IE specific - I will revisit that later)

Thanks for your interest in the sightreading tournament, and lets hope that using the site to accept scores and generate results will be a success

Edit 07-20-2007
OK folks - I just have to load in the master data for the system, and hopefully by lunch time tomorrow, you will be able to start signing up and entering your scores (not that the game is released yet). I will post the URL as soon as the data is fully loaded, and the first events are set up - I don't think anybody has signed up for Medium or Easy, so I'm just going to create 2 events - one for the expert contest, one for the hard contest.

KEEP WATCHING THIS SPACE
End Edit

Edit 07-18-2007
The website is nearly complete (at least a rough, but working version of it). I signed up with a hosting company today, and will be moving everything live tomorrow - I will make a post about it when it is ready, but I just wanted to give everybody who signed up a heads up that by Friday you all might need to create a login on the new site, and sign up for the event there - I will try and get a quick user guide up by tomorrow!
End Edit

Even though it never quite worked out, I really did like the idea rabies had a while back about having a competition to see how people do on their first sightread through new songs.

As such, I am volunteering to administrate a similar competition for the 80s edition of GH2 which should be coming out in just over a month.

I'm posting here to get an idea whether people want to do this or not - I figure the 80s edition is quite a good candidate since there are less songs to go through, etc, etc.

Here are the rules I was thinking of:
    Competitions will be offered for all 4 difficulties - all songs must be played on the same difficulty though (ie : one entire playthrough of a particular difficulty setting in career mode)

You get ONE attempt at each song - if you fail a song, your score for that song will be a 0

By signing up, you are tacitly agreeing to not look at any promo videos of GH2:80s Edition (apart from those which have already been released), any youtube leaks, any notecharts, etc. You can use your discretion here (obviously, listening to an mp3 of the songs is acceptable), but in order for this to be fair, I want everybody to go into this without having any idea what the notecharts look like beforehand

As always, we will be using the honor system for score submissions.

All scores are to be PM'd to me by within two weeks of the games official release - if you don't have it by then, I'll get JHet to play a sad song on his violin for you!

Signups close the night before the official release date for the game

Please post in this thread if you are keen to participate, and I will add you to the list!

Also, I am open to suggestions and criticisms regarding this ruleset.

EDIT : 06-28-2007
Work is continuing (albeit slowly) on the ScoreHero Events application - I've been too busy lately to really devote much time to it, but I'm hoping to get the event maintenance screens up and running soon, which will leave only the user score entry portion to do before the app can be demoed. I reckon this competition is a great way to pilot the application, but i'm just hoping that i can have it all done by the 24th

Edit : 07-17-2007
I'm nearly done with the app (well - with phase 1 anyhow) - hopefully, I can have something up and running by Wednesday - I still need to find a host, and I'm thinking of just signing up with godaddy.com - if I can't get my sh|t together, rabies has graciously offered to accept the score PMs and send them on to me, so we might end up doing this the low-tech way, but hold thumbs that we don't have to [/b]

Last edited by wuLFe on Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:53 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Matt276  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do it, on expert.
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to do this on expert
angusyoungisgod  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to partake in this...

but i would like to be in hard's league if possible

if not... expert i guess
Ericular  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for Expert.

I hope a lot of people get in on this. I've often wondered how my mediocre GH ability ranks against everyone else. The rankings give you a good idea, but some people have 4+ hours every day to study SP paths and practice songs over and over again. Sightreads give a much better insight into your raw ability than the score rankings.

Everybody should participate!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in for expert! Sounds like a fun idea

Goals:
600k TTFAF [X]
23 million [X]
Top 20 GH3X [ ]
Cliff  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's do it. I said the same thing about GH2, but let's hope I remember this time

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expert. when does it start, and i searched if it showed the release date. when is it released?
Ganz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for expert.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ganzitron
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40757 wrote:
expert. when does it start, and i searched if it showed the release date. when is it released?

Release date I believe is still fuzzy - I think the current thought is that it will see the light of day on 17th July, but that is not confirmed yet.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey wulfe.

You beat me to the punch. We were gonna do this as part of the leagues. If you wanna volunteer as the admin, that is cool. I would ask though that you work with us to incorportate it over in the official league forum. If that is cool, I'll ask emptyset or somebody to move this thread over to the league forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for expert.
quovadis13  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat idea. If I get the game early enough, I will do it on Hard.
Thanks rkuo for your awesome guide!

Ever wonder to yourself "I wonder how well quovadis13 is doing in Rock Band"? No? Well, click here anyways
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to sign up for Hard.

btw... Game Crazy just told me release date of 7/24/07 for preorders & this is also the date Best Buy is showing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Hey wulfe.

You beat me to the punch. We were gonna do this as part of the leagues. If you wanna volunteer as the admin, that is cool. I would ask though that you work with us to incorportate it over in the official league forum. If that is cool, I'll ask emptyset or somebody to move this thread over to the league forum.

No problem - I'm actually thinking of writing a simple application where people can sign up and enter scores and stuff - I'm going to see what I can throw together over the weekend, but irrelevant of that experiment, I think it would be great to have this event included in the leagues section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: