Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Idiot Proof guide to MAKING custom charts using FeedBack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMagician  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I split a chart? I have acra's Riddle Of Steel, but it's too long for GH3PC.

edit: For now I'm using a script to split charts, but it's really shitty way to do it... If anyone knows how to do it easier, let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm completely stuck trying to sync the first note/put offset with a chart.

If anyone has a link to any youtube video's which show this/a different explanation to the one in the tutorial it would be appreciate. I seem to follow everything correctly but screw up my chart.

Thanks
Now on PS3...
My Below Average Achievements
oodle  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMagician wrote:
How do I split a chart? I have acra's Riddle Of Steel, but it's too long for GH3PC.

edit: For now I'm using a script to split charts, but it's really shitty way to do it... If anyone knows how to do it easier, let me know.

Say if you want to split the song at half way through.
First go into audacity an split the song where u want, so u have 2 audio files.
Go into Feedback, and go to the point where u split the music, hold down shift and press the arrow up key until the end of the song. When selecting parts of a chart using shift the selected fretboard part will go red.

When you reach the end of the song let go of shift and press control C. Do NOT close feedback. Create a new chart using the other half of the audio and press control V.
With the second half make sure to add at least 2 seconds of silence in Audacity
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oodle wrote:
TheMagician wrote:

Go into Feedback, and go to the point where u split the music, hold down shift and press the arrow up key until the end of the song. When selecting parts of a chart using shift the selected fretboard part will go red.

When you reach the end of the song let go of shift and press control C. Do NOT close feedback. Create a new chart using the other half of the audio and press control V.

You will also need to re-sync it, as copy/paste will not transfer over BPM changes or anchors.

DanTheBib wrote:
Okay, I'm completely stuck trying to sync the first note/put offset with a chart.

If anyone has a link to any youtube video's which show this/a different explanation to the one in the tutorial it would be appreciate. I seem to follow everything correctly but screw up my chart.

Use this guide instead, it should be much clearer than this one.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
TheMagician  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
oodle wrote:
TheMagician wrote:

You will also need to re-sync it, as copy/paste will not transfer over BPM changes or anchors.

Yeah I noticed that as I tried that method first. Acra's Riddle of Steel chart seems to have unique BPM for almost every note (if not for every note!) and it has a lot of Events and those SyncTrack things... My script can handle those.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing is great, well made, but are these songs able to get put into GH3PC? If so, how?
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmfaoown wrote:
This thing is great, well made, but are these songs able to get put into GH3PC? If so, how?

If you've got questions about FeedBack, make sure you check this thread first, it's more up to date.

A GHTCP guide (for GH3PC) is available here.

Marbler  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I made a custom song, worked on it on and off on paper at school for 2 weeks, then 5 straight hours today, and finally got it done, and it was at that time that I realized that it didn't make a visible chart file. In the program, it works just fine, you can load different songs, and load that song back up, but the file doesn't exist in my computer. What do I do? I want to publish this because I'm proud of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
inimitable  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
Ok, I made a custom song, worked on it on and off on paper at school for 2 weeks, then 5 straight hours today, and finally got it done, and it was at that time that I realized that it didn't make a visible chart file. In the program, it works just fine, you can load different songs, and load that song back up, but the file doesn't exist in my computer. What do I do? I want to publish this because I'm proud of it.

If you don't have a .chart file in your Feedback/Songs folder, you need to extract the program from the zip file onto your computer. If you didn't do this before, all the work you have done thus far has been lost.

Marbler  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Marbler wrote:

If you don't have a .chart file in your Feedback/Songs folder, you need to extract the program from the zip file onto your computer. If you didn't do this before, all the work you have done thus far has been lost.

I've done this. It's in a normal folder in my Program Files folder on C:. It's been that way the entire time I've used this.

EDIT: It seems there might have been a misunderstanding. Let me rephrase.
In C:\Program Files, I have this folder set. I copied the folder out of the zipped folder. It is in my understanding that that would make absolutely no difference than if I extracted it to that spot. The folder in my Program Files is not, and I repeat, is not compressed. I open up the program and run it, and it lets me choose some songs. There's the 3 songs that come with the programs, then the song that I charted: Cry for Eternity (which, mind you, has 3908 notes in it. I would highly appreciate it if I didn't have to go through that hell again. I already fasted one day to work on this thing...). I picked that, worked on it for 20 minutes yesterday, saved, then shut it down.
I picked it up again today. I opened up the program, and loaded the file. It worked like a charm. I worked on it for 4 hours or more, then saved it, and exited the program. I go to look for the ".chart" file, and it's not there. I open the program up, go to load, and in the load screen, it says "DragonForce - Cry For Eternity.chart". In the "Songs" folder, however, that doesn't exist. Only "Dragonforce - Cry For Eternity.mp3". Now can someone please help me with this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
inimitable  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you, uh, hit S to save it?

Marbler  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Did you, uh, hit S to save it?

Yes.
I hit S, I went to save, I hit new, then load, then save again, I did everything I could think of.
Fighterlegend  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gokuss' link on the first post tries to get a trojan into my system when I visit it.

Anyway, how do you create hammer-ons and pull-offs after a while?

I'm trying to create a chart for Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home.
It's really bugging me since I don't know how to do hammer-on and pull-off notes unless they're close together.
I tried changing the BPM, but then that messes up the syncing of the song.
By the way, first time using this dB.
DrBeardface  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you change the step? I'm trying to chart "Dstryr / Dstryr" by Lostprophets. I know it's not really an easy first chart but I want to do it nonetheless.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of the previous questions are answered explicitly in the first post.

Feedback does not control HO/POs.

Use the left and right arrows to change the step.

That said, using this Feedback guide may be more fruitful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: