ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Extended ratings system: 6-stars and up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OreDerves  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I be suspicious if I posted all of my scores half an hour ago and I don't have any 6 or 7 star ratings on my "manage scores" sheet. (yes, I DO have several on there that are high enough, and yes, I realize it would be shown by either orange or greenish stars)
Sosaman66  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud JC's efforts in working on new stuff for this site instead of concentrating on GH2. By being able to implement things and sort out any resultant bugs + user feedback, he's able to make it top notch, and in turn has an excellent idea on how to apply those things/ideas to GH2. Personally, I see no point right now in concentrating efforts into GH2 when A) we dont' know the song list, B) we don't know the exact features that GH2 is going to have and how they are going to work, and C) what if GH2 winds up having a totally different scoring system than GH1? I know C is a very small possibility, but look at Dance Dance Revolution here in the US. DDR MAx and DDR MAX2 had the arcade scoring algorithms (which everybody loved), and DDR Extreme and Extreme2 had a new one (which totally blows, along with the bad grading system). Hopefully they fix that on SuperNova when it comes out next month.... but anyways that's a tangent. I think JC should continue honing things with GH1 and making it the best it can be, then when GH2 comes forth, he's able to optimally and efficiently create what will be best for our GH community.

*applauds JC* Thanks for making this game 1000% more fun than it was before i found this site. Once my paycheck clears on Tuesday, i'll make a donation for your awesome efforts to this website :-)

emptyset wrote:
odu479 wrote:
wrote:
i hav no clue wat i jus did

Good to know you do things that you have no idea what they do. I hope for humanity's sake, you never work in a nuclear testing facility.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Fractional ratings? Reply with quote

Anders wrote:
It would be neat if you could see your fractional ratings, i.e. score/base_score + 2, so that you could easily see how close you are to the next rating level.

Ask and you shall receive. Done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work there JC
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6-star and 7-star summary displays are now also complete.

You should all have plenty of motivation to set new goals and improve now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an amazing addition! The best part is how it shows like 6.1 so you know how far you are from the next star rating without even having the really look at it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know, the fractional rating is awesome, i refreshed the page at work and suddendly they were there, so i'm guessing u might have implemented it in the 10 seconds b/t that and the last time i clicked on the page, great timing! Another excellent addition.

emptyset wrote:
odu479 wrote:
wrote:
i hav no clue wat i jus did

Good to know you do things that you have no idea what they do. I hope for humanity's sake, you never work in a nuclear testing facility.
Genga  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the highest rating you can get, or whats the highest achieved just now?

Ive seen 7.5 on JCirris

EDIT: Ive seen 7.7 on Krimsuns now
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New ratings for 6-stars and 7-stars! Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

For certain songs 7-stars might be impossible to achieve, but 6-stars is always possible.

Somebody who has studied the scoring system more explain why this is? Does it come down to inconsistancy in the game on # of star powers available in songs opposed to others? We range from people having 7.4 stars on some songs without a FC (CBH) to other songs with a high of 6.8 with a strong FC (callout/Unsung).
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
whats the highest rating you can get, or whats the highest achieved just now?

Ive seen 7.5 on JCirris

EDIT: Ive seen 7.7 on Krimsuns now

Just look at the Top Scores.

random Cochise 268,796 (7.8)

That is the highest right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another amazing innovation! Way to go JC, you da man!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!

I only have 5 scores on expert that are still 5*(including secret songs).

Now I know which ones I really need to work on.[/u]
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also.....

I like the number next to the * rating. It helps visualize where your score is a lot easier.
Davey  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im fairly new and Ive already seen changes on this site that are great.

Good work JC!
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New ratings for 6-stars and 7-stars! Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Somebody who has studied the scoring system more explain why this is? Does it come down to inconsistancy in the game on # of star powers available in songs opposed to others? We range from people having 7.4 stars on some songs without a FC (CBH) to other songs with a high of 6.8 with a strong FC (callout/Unsung).

7 stars means you got 5x the base score for the song. Sans star power, you can just barely not get 4x (6 stars) through the song because even with a FC you'd miss a little from the part working up to 4x. So going from a FC to 6 stars should be trivial.

However, for a 7 star, you would not only need to basically FC the song, but then gain an additional score from star power equal to the base score of the song. Plus that little bit at the beginning.

Translation: some song's base score is 50,000. With a FC without SP, you would just barely miss 200k, the 6-star cutoff. Using the star power, you would need to get that song to 250,000 for 7 stars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: