ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Extended ratings system: 6-stars and up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do we know all the songs that you cannot get 7 stars on? if so, i dont think the stats should show x out of 47 7 stars
RandomJebus  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, thanks for giving me a new goal to go for on Medium when i'm not breaking my arms on Hard.
Anthony  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC you are truly a god amongst men.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackerRiley wrote:
do we know all the songs that you cannot get 7 stars on? if so, i dont think the stats should show x out of 47 7 stars

I agree 100% ... that's the first thing I thought of.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, if any song were to get an 8 star score (BATM expert 100% for example), how would we acknowledge that?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackerRiley wrote:

Good point, I've removed the "of 47" parts for 7-stars.

popemobile wrote:
Just wondering, if any song were to get an 8 star score (BATM expert 100% for example), how would we acknowledge that?

I'm fairly certain that 8-stars is impossible to achieve on any song. Even with 100% BatM and optimal SP.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Fractional ratings? Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Anders wrote:
It would be neat if you could see your fractional ratings, i.e. score/base_score + 2, so that you could easily see how close you are to the next rating level.

Ask and you shall receive. Done.

Awesome! It must have worked, too--I went from 36/47 to 43/47 five-stars today.
ZePiou  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Good idea JC.
thank You for all

=)

ZeP_
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there anyway to get have it so on the Recent Scores on the main page, if you highlight the stars, you get an alt. text saying their score like on your profiles? (5.7 and such)
Wimbernuts  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri,

Has there been any talk of making the 5, 6, and 7 star columns on the rankings page sortable? (ascending/decsending)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHIZZLE! I've been away for a week, so I was mighty confused when I looked on here,
so much has been added! Fantastic work JC (And everyone one else who helped)!
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wimbernuts wrote:
JCirri,

Has there been any talk of making the 5, 6, and 7 star columns on the rankings page sortable? (ascending/decsending)

Not really, my idea behind the rankings page is to show a single ordering sorted by score. Otherwise there'd be multiple rankings, and the single rank shown for a score's entry would lose its meaning.

But I do see how it could be useful to sort by the ratings. I'll think about it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Wimbernuts wrote:
JCirri,

Not really, my idea behind the rankings page is to show a single ordering sorted by score. Otherwise there'd be multiple rankings, and the single rank shown for a score's entry would lose its meaning.

But I do see how it could be useful to sort by the ratings. I'll think about it.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think the total score ranking would lose any meaning. I think most, if not all the users of this site understand that is the most significant ranking. The ability to sort the 5,6,7 star columns would be interesting to see how you compare to others with much different scores. For example, on hard there's a user with the same amount of 6 star scores as me, but has 1.2 million more points than me and is ranked nearly 100 spots higher. Like I said, it would be interesting more than anything else.

Maybe you could put the amount of 5,6,7 star songs on the compare users page too?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another little THANK YOU to JC for the work, and Anders for the suggestion of decimal star rankings! I loved it as soon as I saw it! And wow, I can't believe I have a few 6 stars on Hard... I'm not that great...

Though I see some weird rounding errors. My Ace of Spades Expert rating is listed as "2.9" stars. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rounded correctly. Using the decimal rating system it's possible to get anywhere from 2.0 to the highest possible (currently 7.8 on some songs).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: