ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Farewell Myth Ex
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Farewell Myth Ex Reply with quote

The part when it goes Y-G-R-RY RY
Then Y-G-R-YB YB
Then Y-G-R-BO BO

Any tips? I keep losing my combo, and if I can get that down, I can 99% the song (because the very first pull-off is a son of a bitch.)

Also, while I'm here...is it normal that I pass CFH and BatM WAY more than I can pass Frankenstien? XD
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad, that part of Farewell Myth is a mother F***er! I would say practice over and over, but the song is so painful to listen to!!

And I can see where you could pass BATM and CFH before Frankenstein. I Five Starred The Breaking Wheel before I even four starred Frankenstein.
Sephi  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've Five starred frankenstein first. I have yet to five star Bark, Cowboys, or breaking wheel.....
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaggerate the Red button
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...first make sure you understand the rhythm. It's an eighth note triplet, and then 2 quarter notes each time. I strongly recommend you do this all with alternate strumming, and NOT with HO/PO.

I'm not sure if you ever saw any of my posts about "snapping" down your fingers, but you've really got to articulate the notes with your left hand. Even if you just mentally focus on this concept, it will probably make a difference. Make sure that you have the fingers on your left hand directly above the fret buttons (but not too far away from them) before you play the notes (esp. the YB and BO chords), and then snap them down (articulate them) onto the fret buttons. Try not to get "slidy"- meaning try to make sure lift your fingers away from the fret buttons before you put them down on the YB and BO chords...don't slide on the fretboard to get to the chords.

The main idea here is to try and imagine that it's not just your right hand playing the rhythm with the strum bar, it's also playing the rhythm with your left hand as well. If you imagine your left hand playing the rhythm in the same fashion as your right hand, this may help you a lot. Hope this makes sense, and hope it helps. Just make sure you understand the triplet-quarter-quarter rhythm.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Ok...first make sure you understand the rhythm. It's an eighth note triplet, and then 2 quarter notes each time. I strongly recommend you do this all with alternate strumming, and NOT with HO/PO.

I'm not sure if you ever saw any of my posts about "snapping" down your fingers, but you've really got to articulate the notes with your left hand. Even if you just mentally focus on this concept, it will probably make a difference. Make sure that you have the fingers on your left hand directly above the fret buttons (but not too far away from them) before you play the notes (esp. the YB and BO chords), and then snap them down (articulate them) onto the fret buttons. Try not to get "slidy"- meaning try to make sure lift your fingers away from the fret buttons before you put them down on the YB and BO chords...don't slide on the fretboard to get to the chords.

The main idea here is to try and imagine that it's not just your right hand playing the rhythm with the strum bar, it's also playing the rhythm with your left hand as well. If you imagine your left hand playing the rhythm in the same fashion as your right hand, this may help you a lot. Hope this makes sense, and hope it helps. Just make sure you understand the triplet-quarter-quarter rhythm.

Thank you for that. That actually helped me a lot. The biggest part I miss though is when it's YGR then the BO chord.

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:

Thank you for that. That actually helped me a lot. The biggest part I miss though is when it's YGR then the BO chord.

For that part...if you're still missing it...after you play YGR, try to stretch just your ring and pinky fingers so that they are exactly above B and O and "snap" them down, without letting your hand leave the position where your index finger starts on G.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:

For that part...if you're still missing it...after you play YGR, try to stretch just your ring and pinky fingers so that they are exactly above B and O and "snap" them down, without letting your hand leave the position where your index finger starts on G.

I'll try, it may take a few tries. I'm pretty good at snapping when I have to.

popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song will kill you in 7 days unless you get somone else to play it
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:

LOL...

and Pope, what the hell are the lyrics to the rest of the chorus:

"With a gun in my hand wearin' a bullet-proof vest,
My, my, my how the time does fly when you're..." somethin somethin somethin
"by the end of the night"

It's driving me nuts, I can't remember those middle lyrics...

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
popemobile wrote:

LOL...

and Pope, what the hell are the lyrics to the rest of the chorus:

"With a gun in my hand wearin' a bullet-proof vest,
My, my, my how the time does fly when you're..." somethin somethin somethin
"by the end of the night"

It's driving me nuts, I can't remember those middle lyrics...

I don't know the answer to your question, but those lyrics sound awfully familiar to a certain Sublime song entitled Love's What I got.

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's a Catch 22 song. Pope loves Catch 22.

afirocks27  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man i cannot stand this song. It is so painful to listen to. I dont even want to try to even get a better score on it because its just..so bad..i hate it so much ..aj;sldfjlasf

That was pointless. I always get messed on that same part you all were talking about.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afirocks27 wrote:
Man i cannot stand this song. It is so painful to listen to. I dont even want to try to even get a better score on it because its just..so bad..i hate it so much ..aj;sldfjlasf

That was pointless. I always get messed on that same part you all were talking about.

Nobody actually LIKES this song. It's just some people have methods of getting through it without killing themselves.

If you turn the band all the way down, and just have the guitar line, it helps a pretty good amount. Then it's just the matter of getting over the creepy guitar...but that's not too hard to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
afirocks27 wrote:

Nobody actually LIKES this song. It's just some people have methods of getting through it without killing themselves.

If you turn the band all the way down, and just have the guitar line, it helps a pretty good amount. Then it's just the matter of getting over the creepy guitar...but that's not too hard to deal with.

Does turning the band down turn the annoying witch's singing voice down as well?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: