ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official Jordan Thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galvnayr  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: The Official Jordan Thread! Reply with quote

Well, all the regulars here have noticed a ton of new Jordan threads appearing each day. So, basically, I figured we could use a thread to contain them all. This is my attempt to create a thread that will have all the links, videos, tips, tricks, strategies and pretty much anything you can think of about Jordan in it. I'll start this off with some links to note charts.

PS2 - Expert- Note Chart

360 - Expert- Note Chart

Now I'll try to breakdown every section of the song and detail it based on my experiences and what I've seen.

Verse
The famous
. In order to pass this song you want to have a full star power bar to use it later on in solo B. Most of the sp phrases are in the verse, so it is ideal to be able to hit, and even better, combo this verse with no problem.

Strategy:
What I do in the verse is strum the first 3 notes, , then hold down the chord, let go of and hammer on when necesary. it works very well for me but may take some practice for others to get the hang of it. At the end of this sequence, there is a green you have to strum, and then you can hammer on the next 5 notes. What i do is quickly slide my hand to make sure I do not miss the orange in the sequence and screw up my multiplier and rock meter. This may also take practice but it will become easy very quickly. This part is necessary to master if you want to 5 star or even pass Jordan on expert.

Videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zAPelcF3viI

Chorus

This is, in my opinion, the easiest part of the song besides the Blue Note of Freedom (Bnof) solo. This part also has a few SP phrases, so make sure not to miss those.

Strategy:
I, downstrum this whole part. If you try this, Try not to kill your arm on the strum bar. Most people do a combination of down strumming and alt strumming on the chorus, as shown in PriestMLH's video below. I recommend alt strumming atleast somewhat on this part for those who arent crazy hyper meth strummers like myself. Also, keep in mind that there are hammer ons and pull offs in the chorus. That's pretty much it for the chorus, very easy and takes virtually no practice to master.

Videos: PriestMLH Video, hands- chorus part shows that he downstrums the short streaks and alt strums the long streaks of notes

Guitar Break

This part is annoying for many people and, although it is short, it can take a real toll on your rock meter. The guitar break is a huge clump of asecending scales, going really fast.

Strategy:
This section is INSANELY hard to combo and always lowers my rock meter a little bit. I can barely keep it in the middle green nowadays. Anyhow, I very lightly alt strum this part while making sure I am hitting the first note of each scale while "hammering-on" to the rest. It is critical to still be in the green when you get out of the guitar break. This may take some practice, but you want to be able to get 70-80% consistently on full speed in practice mode. Many people use a 1-2-3 fingering on this whole part, forgetting the pinky, and sliding up. This will take some practice but will definitely prove useful in the long run - a video is shown below of this.

Videos: Here is a link to microgamer2vs2's video of Jordan on expert. I like this video because it shows his hands and the fretboard. He got 100% on the guitar break http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3srkOPOR5UA
PriestMLH- http://youtube.com/watch?v=zAPelcF3viI
Great video of practice mode on the guitar break - hands and fret board, full speed and slowest - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z213ZeP12Pg
Solo A

Solo A is not a very hard solo until the end. The beginning consists of a star power phrase with some hammer ons, i believe most people who can get to this part can do the beginning no problem. The descending scales at the end is what troubles people.

Strategy:

Most people have trouble on the descending scales. You have probably heard this around, but if you haven't, its best to play the scales as 4 note pulloffs instead of 3. For example, instead of , you play . This makes it easier for you to hit all of the notes. What
I do is downstrum at about x stream on expert speed while playing these scales, and it seems to work fine for me. What microgamer and im sure many others do is to hold down the lowest note of the sequence so you can focus on hitting the higher ones.

Videos: Again I link you to microgamer2vs2's video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3srkOPOR5UA

Solo B

Yes, the dreaded wall of skittles. This solo royally sucks, and my best advice is to hold down lower notes while fretting higher ones like crazy. Many people use select to activate star power when they need to, as this method allows you to use it exactly when you want, without hesitation from the tilting. For us 360 users, our select button is sux0r small, so we're almost forced to tilt . I use only fingers 1 2 and 3 for this solo, and i strum no faster than misirlou speed. Your goal is to live to the break in solo B in which you then deploy star power. You have a very small chance deploying SP anywhere before the break. Make sure you are fretting faster than strumming, overstrumming will always kill you.

Videos: I highly recommend you watch microgamer's video for this one. Watch his hands on solo B; it will help you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3srkOPOR5UA
For those of you who aren't going to tap this section, here is a video of how PriestMLH does it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=zAPelcF3viI

Solo C

Many say Solo C is much harder than Solo b. For reasons, its true, because it has many more combinations of scales, trills and other things that are much harder to follow. I strum slightly slower on solo C than solo b, but make sure your fingers are still trying to hit the trills and scales when they are there. You should be good on this solo if you have enough star power from using it in the break in solo B. Also, dont fail before the bnof at the end!

Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3srkOPOR5UA

Bnof and solo d-e!
While i think it's safe to say if you make it this far youve beaten the song, unless you pass out from hyperventalation. Try to whammy as much as possible on the long notes. My biggest advice here is THE SONG IS NOT OVER YET. do not freak out and fail, or you will probably be kicking yourself in the shin. Make sure youre focusing and hitting the notes to get the sp. While there is no real strategy here because its so easy, you should save your star power for...

Solo F & bridge

These are some last minute hard parts thrown in to try and have you fail before you beat it. Solo F is a bunch of complicated trills and scales, much like c, you'll be fine, and if you aren't, you have star power. Since a lot of people I know are horrible at the bridge, your best choice is to save star power for as long as possible and to not freak out and use it right away to ensure you succeed.

Strategy: What I do on the bridge is hold down green and alt strum twice very quickly while fretting the hammer ons. I can't combo this part, but i can still get enough notes hit to be a happy person. If you make it to this part with star power and do this, you will be fine. Once you are through the bridge, congratulations friend, you beat Jordan on Expert. And if you own an xbox 360, that means 30 gamerscore with a nice little icon of buckethead for you.

Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3srkOPOR5UA

Also: What many of us 360 version owners have done with the stupid small select button is create some sort of alternate select button somehow. What I did was take 3 nickels, put them on top of each other, glue them together, wait till they dried. Then, i took the nickels and placed them on top of the select button, so that when i press them down the select button would be pressed down. I tested this in the guide menu a few times. Finally, I duck taped the nickels to my controller, and now it works perfectly. I'm assuming this would work with other things like bottle caps, clothing buttons, etc. If you have trouble tilting to activate sp in time, i recommend trying this.

Well thanks guys for taking the time to read my topic/rant/thingy, whatever you want to call it here, and if you didn't and just skipped to the bottom, that's cool too.

PM me if you have any comments or questions or anything like that, I will be adding to this if i see people have any interest in this topic.

Feel free to post anything concerning Jordan in here, suggestions, stuff like that.

Last edited by Galvnayr on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:08 pm; edited 7 times in total
Donut512  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very helpful
Thanks
Galvnayr  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut512 wrote:
very helpful
Thanks

Of course! Glad to help out.
andrewsg97  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i, personally think that the song soley depends on the break and the end of solo a. i still havent beaten jordan, but i am coming close.

and who thinks that your guitar not letting you actvate star power in solo b frustrating?
Galvnayr  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewsg97 wrote:
i, personally think that the song soley depends on the break and the end of solo a. i still havent beaten jordan, but i am coming close.

and who thinks that your guitar not letting you actvate star power in solo b frustrating?

extremely frustrating, i had one attempt when i missed like 3 notes at the end of solo A, and i was in the full green, and i got to the break in solo a and my star power wouldnt activate.
Donut512  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewsg97 wrote:

ME!!!
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one of the few activations in GH I use the select button on.

I say this thread should get stickied and no more Jordan threads should be created in this forum.

And what would a Jordan thread be without this? Jordan, 100% of notes hit!!!

Last edited by Barbaloot on Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Galvnayr  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
That is one of the few activations in GH I use the select button on.

I say this thread should get stickied and no more Jordan threads should be created in this forum.

i PHAIL at using select
edit: thank you muchly for your sp gallery thing
Jumboshrmp  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few suggestions of things to add to this.
First off, I reccommed telling people to use select for star power during this song, since it never will decide to stop working if you do it that way.

Also, I am surprised to hear that you downstrum the verse. I couldn't combe the verse by dowstrumming if my life depended on it.
I used to alt strum the entire theng, but now I down strum the small strings of notes, and switch to alt strumming for the long strings of notes.

I downstrum this part

And switch to alt strumming here:

And then immediately go back to downstrumming on the next
I reccommend you watch this video of PriestMLH's hands while he plays jordan, to fully understand what I mean:

Next, for the verse:
I also used to do it your way, but I find that not relying on HOPOs as much helps you hit the chorus much more often.
Now I strum every non HOPO note, and then every Y
This is my strumming pattern:
(S = Strum )
S _ S S _ S _ S _ S _ _ _ _ _

I think this is much easier, at least for me.
I have not yet beaten jordan, but I have mastered the Beginning parts.
Also, for some of the parts in solo A (before the hard triplets), I find it easier to slowly alt strum all of the notes, instead of trying to fingure which ones you need to HOPO and which ones must be strummed.

Feel free to use any of this in your guide.

You should ask one of the mods for persmission to turn this into the official Jordan thread.
Yesterday I counted 8 Jordan threads on the main page of T,S,G Forum.

Last edited by Jumboshrmp on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
ES942  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the bridge, hammering on is pretty easy. treat it like the rhythm in the chorus of no one knows. you know, the
you strum where the G would be, and you press your finger down where the GR would be.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guide, I'm just pissed off because I just tried Jordan, got a full meter, comboed pretty much the entire guitar break, started solo B in full green, made it through half of Solo B, went to use star power and ended up failing because I couldn't tilt it fast/far enough . Oh well, time to try again!

Log [X] Achieved September 19th, 2007

BucketHomer Avatar made by me
HONDO  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. I also noticed a lot of Jordan threads becuase I made one too. What I do for the beginning is slide one finger across to get the GRYBOB. This works good for me even though I can play it regularly.

Beat Jordan [ ]
Get the Eyeball [X]
Get the Log [ ]
15 Hard FCs [ ]
3 Expert FCs [ ]
warpedtours  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really helpful thread but is the orange hold note the break in solo b?
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my video isn't exactly gonna help people with Gtr Solo B because it's guaranteed that the players this thread intends to help (people who post I-Need-Help-Passing-Jordan threads) cannot two-hand tap consistently enough to help them with that section. I'm pretty sure Priest has a video of his hands playing Gtr Solo B without two-hand tapping.

For the Gtr Break, it might be a good idea to lay out options for various fingering people use and the pros and cons of each. here's a very good example that also slows it down in practice mode (112 112 123 from what I can see).

For Gtr Solo A, maybe someone can make a video of the four-fingered-pull-off method because I think that's what most people tend to do; I (quickly) tried searching for a video of one but couldn't find one.

But yeah, good job. Let's see if we can all work together to make this the Jordan-help thread of all Jordan-help threads.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
Jumboshrmp  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microgamer2vs2 wrote:
I think my video isn't exactly gonna help people with Gtr Solo B because it's guaranteed that the players this thread intends to help (people who post I-Need-Help-Passing-Jordan threads) cannot two-hand tap consistently enough to help them with that section. I'm pretty sure Priest has a video of his hands playing Gtr Solo B without two-hand tapping.

I linked to that video in my post a few posts up.
I agree that Priest's video is more helpful, but yours is just plain amazing.

Royalty wrote:
Nice guide, I'm just pissed off because I just tried Jordan, got a full meter, comboed pretty much the entire guitar break, started solo B in full green, made it through half of Solo B, went to use star power and ended up failing because I couldn't tilt it fast/far enough . Oh well, time to try again!

Use... SELECT!

Either hit it with your pinky or the side of your hand (I use my pinky).
It is hard to get used to at first but is a very useful skill to have.

Do it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 1 of 89

Jump to: