ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Official Twist Rules Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Official Twist Rules Information Reply with quote

In this topic are the rules for all the twists that you may see throughout the season:

Intent of the Twist Rule: For all twists the ultimate rule is that no variation on how you do the twist can be designed to defeat the intent of the twist. So for any twist if you are thinking of some way to do it that might make it easier to ‘get around’ the twist then chances are that’s not allowed. For some twists, there is a short list of ‘interpretations’ that are allowed, any (non-trivial) idea which is not specifically mentioned is presumed to be not allowed. If you think it should be allowed, post in the thread and get a ruling on it from your commissioner. In cases where commissioners disagree during the running of a season each commissioner makes the final rule for that season of their league, and one commissioners rulings are not necessarily binding on another during the season, however any such issues that ‘come up’ will be formalized into this document before the next season with a single interpretation. Under no circumstances should you be making any changes to the twist without getting a ruling, changes which are not specifically allowed are presumed NOT ALLOWED.

No Sp – Song must be played without activation of Star Power for the duration. If you activate Star Power, you must restart. It is allowable to collect SP, this is not a twist that should interfere with getting an FC, etc.

Mirror Mode – If you play right handed, continue playing right handed and turn on lefty flip. If you play left handed, continue playing left handed and turn lefty flip off. You must watch the screen as you play, you cannot watch the screen through a mirror, play standing on your head, hanging upside down, with your eyes closed, or anything else that defeats the intent of this twist.

Performance Mode – Song must be played in performance mode, which removes both the fret board and the HUD. You may practice the song outside of performance mode, but any score you submit must be achieved in performance mode. You may not play while looking at a note chart on the computer or a note chart that you have printed out (however you can print out a notechart for the practice, just make sure it is flipped over or otherwise gone during any runs where you are counting the score). NTSC Code: YYBYYOYY. PAL Code: YYOYYBYY 360 Code: ??

Y/X SP – At the end of the song, on the more stats screen you must achieve this number of SP Phrases hit, no more and no less. You can avoid SP Phrases by either making them be overlapped while using star power, or by missing a note or strumming in the middle of the phrase.

Opposite Hand – If you play right handed, play left handed. If you play left handed, play right handed. You may decide for yourself if you wish to turn lefty flip on or off. For Dualshock player, turn the controller upside down, with the shoulder buttons facing away from your chest.

X<Note Streak – You must hit under the given Note Streak while achieving the highest score that you can. You must submit your note streak with your score, or it will not be counted.

X<Percentage>x % Notes Missed – Get the lowest score that you can, while hitting higher than X% of the notes. Percentage must be submitted along with your score.

High Score Ending In xx
– Get the highest score you can, with the last two digits of your score ending in XX. Refer to Barfo’s guide on exact scores (specifically the part about the Hold and Miss sections) if you need advice on how to do this.

Only X Fingers
– You may only use the specific fingers on your fret hand to hit the frets. The exact fingers may vary per time this twist comes up and will be specified by the commish at the time the song is posted. Examples: ‘pointer and middle finger only’, ‘middle, ring, and pinky only’, ‘no middle finger’

Keyboard Style – Lay the guitar flat on your lap, Position your hand over the frets with your pinky facing towards the green fret .Play the song in this style. You may use a table to set down the controller to play. Dualshock players cannot compete on this twist, and will receive an automatic 0.

Ghetto Gamestop Style
- You must play standing, without the use of a strap. Both feet must stay level on the ground, you may not use your knees or any part of your body for support. You may use your arms to hold the guitar against your chest.

Last edited by elx on Sun May 04, 2008 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
lordsaturn  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...if I get a mirror mode twist...I'm screwed. =p
Ganz  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, the Only X Fingers twist seems bad, I hope I never encounter it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ganzitron
TwilightNights  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im cool with all of those twists, bar one... the upstrum only... instead of downstrumming i upstrum anyway... probably the only person playing GH that does, but it helps me alot.

Not phail at GH [ ]
Get GH5 to work [x]

Goals for Holidays
200 FCs across GH5, GH3, GHM, GH:SH [ ]
50 FCs on GH5 [x]
60 FCs on GH5 [x]
70 FCs on GH5 [x]
80 FCs on GH5 [x]
FGFC GH5 [ ] (21st Man left)
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xTwilightDawnx
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Elx!!! All the Need-to-Know info in one place...I like it!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 360 code for Performance Mode is BBYBBOBB, in case you're wondering.

For mirror mode, if we are right-handed, play left-handed, but turn lefty flip mode off normally, we should turn it on to play, correct? I obviously assume that this is the case (as when I did the twist a couple seasons ago with Soy Bomb), but I was surprised that there wasn't any sort of ruling on it. I guess it must be really unusual to play that way. I have to admit, it's still a bit of an advantage because even though it's obviously much harder, I'm still able to control it a little bit by simply matching my fingers up to the screen.

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very helpful information. One question, and one comment.

Question: On the upstrum only twist's topic for debate, what is meant by "walking bass style"? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I know the term but am not familiar with exactly what it means in regards to strumming style.

Comment: Ghetto Gamestop Style is the best name for a twist ever.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I understand it, it's like upstrumming the bar alternately with your index and middle fingers... thus "walking".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poo
i nvr saw this
i completely screwed up
now theres gonna be somthin wrong with my results
(not that its true or not true)

Officialy Quit Guitar Hero

add my myspace
Myspace.com/outlawgod
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For encore songs (specifically, when a twist creates a significant chance of failing the song), is it to be played in Career (starting with a green meter), or Quick Play (with a yellow meter)?
Barfo  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a damn good question, krim. IMO, the poitn of twists shouldn't be to make people fail the song - generally we want to avoid that as its not in our interests or your interests, so i think any advantage people can use to not fail it (starting in the green if its an encore song) people should take. We'll see if rabies or elx thinks differently.
siouxper  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghetto Gamestop Style should be no problem for me. I really don't want mirror or X<Percentage or X<Note streak.

Thanks for clearing it up elx!
A7XChaos  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think walking bass style for upstrum only should be allowed because it is only upstrumming... I mean, if you wanted to down strum by doing the opposite, you can, so I don't see why it should not be allowed. Creates a more interesting twist, wouldn't you say? :P

If I get no index finger as a twist, I am so screwed it's not even funny. And I want Low Score so bad to see what'll happen . And I can only play a couple of songs in Performance so a lot of studying if it's a song I don't know. Mirror mode... umm... let's not go there, ok?

Thanks elx for the info and heads-up

FC Beast and the Harlot [ ] (Power Surge)
Get The Log [X]
5* Jordan [X]
5* Every Co-Op song [X]

GH2 League A1: 8th
157 Points off of the lead :O
siouxper  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made me remember, I have never played Performance mode, ever.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I'm glad I don't play with the DualShock. With a lot of these twists, it seems kind of unfair towards them IMO, what with all the "will receive an automatic 0" and whatnot.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: