ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Official Twist Rules Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
Question about the opposite hand twist. I am playing with my left hand and strumming with right in the twist and all that, but would it be legal to have my left hand holding the fret button from the top of the neck? You know, kinda like this? I'm a euphonium and tuba player so this feels more natural to me.

Sorry..nope.

And on dualshock...we frown heavily on them...but we have allowed them on occasion when the player has no alternative. There are many, many twists they cannot play, so they get penalized that way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aight. Thanks. Not too much of a problem, I'm pretty good left handed anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are allowed to suggest twists, how about a black and white twist? (just go to the menu of your tv, and turn color all the way down) I was just going through doing some weird settings, and found this to actually be pretty hard. Still probably an easier twist than the others though.
DeathyMan  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I propose we edit this twist

"Upstrum Only – You may only upstrum while playing, meaning you are pushing the strum bar towards your face with the guitar held in a ‘normal’ way (IE no holding it sideways, upside down, whatever). Dualshock players are unable to compete on this twist, and will receive an automatic 0. (Note for debate: Will walking bass style be allowed) "

This is unfair for those who play by strumming down and an advantage for those of us who mainly strum up. I myself strum up and see this as unfair.... I suggest we edit the twist to reverse the normal way you strum. People who strum down must strump up and those who strum up must strum down.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathyMan wrote:
This is unfair for those who play by strumming down and an advantage for those of us who mainly strum up. I myself strum up and see this as unfair.... I suggest we edit the twist to reverse the normal way you strum. People who strum down must strump up and those who strum up must strum down.

Its not really a matter of fairness, its a matter of a level playing field. Doing a reverse strum direction would still be unfair because downstrumming is much easier than upstrumming anyways. The poitn of the twists is not to be balanced so that they are maximally 'tough' for everybody equally, its for them to be balanced so that they are as close to the same for everybody equally. In many cases, one of the keys to doign well on a twist is lots and lots of practice.

So overall, its the most 'fair' to have everybody attempting the same thing, and if some people happen to have an advantage heading in merely because they happen to have more practice on certain twists thats just a fact of the way these twists go (plus the twists list is public so anybody can practice any twist they want in advance of it showing up). I have a mild advantage over baseline on "no alt strum" twist because thats how i usualyl play anyways (i curshed my previous high score on TNB last week), and i have larger advantages on "low score" and "ends in XX" twist because i have practiced both of those modes extensively (of course i have YET to get a damn low score twist for league, and the ends in XX one i got was a week where i had no time to play and so i was only able to make one run on it).

"black and white twist" sounds interesting, i think we'll experiement with the feasibility of it and maybe that will make it onto the list for next season or later.
DeathyMan  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=/... Actualy you can strum much faster going up if you get practice with it. I used to play bass so Tis easy for me... When I mean fast.. I mean I can almost do TBatH without strumming up and down =/.. So I still wouldn't mind being forced to strum down mawself. xD And I feel so special that somebody actualy listened.
ravenous31492  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Twist Rules Information Reply with quote

High Score Ending In xx[/b] – Get the highest score you can, with the last two digits of your score ending in XX. Refer to Barfo’s guide on exact scores (specifically the part about the Hold and Miss sections) if you need advice on how to do this.
[b]

hey can someone post the link to barfo's guide plz?

YOU HAVE APPLES?!?!
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official Twist Rules Information Reply with quote

ravenous31492 wrote:
High Score Ending In xx[/b] – Get the highest score you can, with the last two digits of your score ending in XX. Refer to Barfo’s guide on exact scores (specifically the part about the Hold and Miss sections) if you need advice on how to do this.
[b]

hey can someone post the link to barfo's guide plz?

The link has been edited into the main post under the "High Score Ending In xx" section.
locken  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a "Play with guitar behind head" twist?
N.A.S.H.  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh, performance mode, better get practicing.
blob  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about for Xbox leagues, Killswitch Only. Use the Up or Down Guide button to strum instead of the strum bar.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blob wrote:
How about for Xbox leagues, Killswitch Only. Use the Up or Down Guide button to strum instead of the strum bar.

It's been considered in the past, but there will be no twists for season 6, so it's kind of a moot point.
rodofgock  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can nearly get past shout at the devil on easy useing my toes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should totally be a twist where you have to play with a heavy glove or mitten on your fret fingers xD. I tried that for the heck of it. It's hard @_@.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
There should totally be a twist where you have to play with a heavy glove or mitten on your fret fingers xD. I tried that for the heck of it. It's hard @_@.

cool, but liek the "play with some other song blaring in the background idstracting you", not stadardizeable.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: