ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S5 - PS2 - League AA Thread - Week 6 songs posted!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reayne  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! This is the last week before playoffs! Good Luck everybody!

Reayne's GH II Goal:
[X] Beat Jordan (YESSS!)
[X] FC's 10 Expert Songs
[ ] FC's 15 Expert Songs
[ ] FC's Thunderhorse Expert
[X] Get Log

GH 80's Goals:
[X] Get Log
[ ] FC's 7 Songs
[ ] FC's Wrathchild

Why they remove Metal Health's solo?! :'(
JoePopo  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok now i FCed the whole solo in arterial black in practice mode, except of course these freakin triplets... and that's annoying cause i really dont have a clue how to hit them...

Araruko wrote:

Not that I can get the triplets...
But the Solo A itself is way too fast... got a nice technique in practice...
100% in slowest and slower... but even in slow I cant get it...

it's all about the technique... hold the red button with your index finger, hit yellows, blues and oranges with the other fingers and slide your index finger for the green ones... and try it with hyper speed, it makes things slightly easier... that's what i did.

season 4 AA2 semi-finals
season 5 AA1 1st after regular season
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scores in. I am going out of town this weekend so I don't think I'll be able to get any more league play in until next week, assuming I make the playoffs.

I guess I'll do the song update thing:

MiaB - The first time I played, I completely forgot about the twist. I only played it twice getting a NS less than 50. I hate the twists where we have to sabotage our scores. Low to mediocre score, I would say.

ToaHiaPH - Very very happy with this one.

FoP - Decent run, significant improvement over my previous high score. Solos are tough, but at least the rest of the song is really long and not too hard.

AB - Damn, those solos are tricky. I wish I had more time to work on them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoePopo wrote:
ok now i FCed the whole solo in arterial black in practice mode, except of course these freakin triplets... and that's annoying cause i really don't have a clue how to hit them...

I hit them in practice few times Just memorize the pattern, and then just do the four triplets really quick with 4,3,2 - 3,2,1 - 3,2,1 - 3,2,1 (or just slide the last). Like drim drim drim drim. hehe

I got a run on AB where I got all the SP:s but just sucked the end of the solo...oh well can't be bothered to play any of my songs anymore..I'm in playoffs anyway :P

Season 5 AA1 2nd GH2
Season 6 AAA1 20th GH 80's
Season 8 AAA2 8th GH3
Season 9 AAA1 22th GH3
Guitar GOD GH2, 80's & GH3
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I'm looking so far.

Trippin - Pretty good.

Everything else - crap.
hsr82  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm on the borderline for playoffs. It's just too bad that I can't play other than Friday afternoon because I'm too busy with grad school.

Hopefully I'll place around 12th like I always do and clinch a playoff spot.
Good luck everyone!

(Oh, and I called 1st on RL. Lefty, away!)
Araruko  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoePopo wrote:
ok now i FCed the whole solo in arterial black in practice mode, except of course these freakin triplets... and that's annoying cause i really dont have a clue how to hit them...

Araruko wrote:

Not that I can get the triplets...
But the Solo A itself is way too fast... got a nice technique in practice...
100% in slowest and slower... but even in slow I cant get it...

it's all about the technique... hold the red button with your index finger, hit yellows, blues and oranges with the other fingers and slide your index finger for the green ones... and try it with hyper speed, it makes things slightly easier... that's what i did.

That's the technique I use in practice mode... without hyperspeed though... I'll try with hyperspeed tonight...
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright one day I woke up and leagues sounded cool so I signed up for this, but I don't think I'm going to keep playing just because of this forum topic. I can't stand reading these retarded posts like "song 1 - this is how good I did (insert random smiley or frown face here)... song 2...." etc. Honestly I don't think a single person actually reads your post when you insert useless info like that, and I doubt anyone cares how you did because I have never seen a reply that quotes your useless info. In my opinion these posts scream 1 of 2 things... 1) "I'm a girl and I suck so read how I did cuz I need attention. PM me and you can try to get into my e-pants" or 2) "I'm pretty much better than you all so I'm letting you know with 100 faces that you won't beat me on these songs so stop trying. I am secretly giving away my score with smiley faces instead of numbers cuz I pretty much pwn ur face"

I know I don't actually have to read this forum to participate in the league, but I already did and the entire competition/improving aspect of the league just died for me upon reading some of your posts. This should end up being my first and last season. Custom hero and real guitar are much more entertaining in my limited free time.
eachann  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eknom wrote:
Alright one day I woke up and leagues sounded cool so I signed up for this, but I don't think I'm going to keep playing just because of this forum topic. I can't stand reading these retarded posts like "song 1 - this is how good I did (insert random smiley or frown face here)... song 2...." etc. Honestly I don't think a single person actually reads your post when you insert useless info like that, and I doubt anyone cares how you did because I have never seen a reply that quotes your useless info. In my opinion these posts scream 1 of 2 things... 1) "I'm a girl and I suck so read how I did cuz I need attention. PM me and you can try to get into my e-pants" or 2) "I'm pretty much better than you all so I'm letting you know with 100 faces that you won't beat me on these songs so stop trying. I am secretly giving away my score with smiley faces instead of numbers cuz I pretty much pwn ur face"

I know I don't actually have to read this forum to participate in the league, but I already did and the entire competition/improving aspect of the league just died for me upon reading some of your posts. This should end up being my first and last season. Custom hero and real guitar are much more entertaining in my limited free time.

So you're saying all girls here suck? Maybe you should go do a pro faceoff with TipperQueen

I'm not sure what the whine is all about here... I didn't really like it when everybody posted their scores, but people like to talk about how they feel about the songs... if you don't want to know, just scroll past those posts like I always do and just read the posts with actual content.. it's not that big a deal.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
eknom wrote:

So you're saying all girls here suck? Maybe you should go do a pro faceoff with TipperQueen

I'm not sure what the whine is all about here... I didn't really like it when everybody posted their scores, but people like to talk about how they feel about the songs... if you don't want to know, just scroll past those posts like I always do and just read the posts with actual content.. it's not that big a deal.

in his defense, it's asked that you don't post hints to your score, and it's annoying that people constantly just look for ways to dodge this rule instead of just waiting till the end of the week, it's not hard to wait until after scores are submitted to say,"I feel like I did really well on song X, I posted it if anyone wants to check it out" first it was scores, then partial scores, then saying how well you think you did...now smiley's...it's annoying and I agree that I really don't care how other people did before I see the scores, if they said,"+1" it would be exactly the same to a large portion of the community...and he's not saying all girls suck, he's saying that girls that do suck want attention
LongSockSilver  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoePopo- I FC'd the solo in practice too, cept the triplets. Try strumming the first note of each trip. For some reason, it helps orient me. I still haven't ever gotten them, but I got the closest I've ever come using that method.

Oh, and another thing. I REALLY don't feel like doing MiaB. I might just not send in a score for that one and hope I still make the playoffs :P

-LSS

<smokyprogg> I fced Mother before Cherry Pie
<dho> I FCeD YOUR MOTHER BEFORE I ATE HER CHERRY PIE
JoePopo  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LongSockSilver wrote:

Oh, and another thing. I REALLY don't feel like doing MiaB. I might just not send in a score for that one and hope I still make the playoffs :P

-LSS

quite the same...
didn't play it yet, i'll just try to do one run under 50 NS and that's it.

season 4 AA2 semi-finals
season 5 AA1 1st after regular season
CrimsonBlaziken  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bothered to go through the chart and draw black pen lines to represent overstrums. However that plan had several flaws, relating to the fact that you would have to make sure you get 100 percent on the song so that your path would work and also that there are some nasty places where the over strums go.

So instead, I just over strummed a bit after the NS counter hit 4x and hoped for the best. In the end it worked.

Hoping for the playoffs in my first season, even though I probably won't. I would offer the overstrum path via PM, but I did it by pen, like I just said, not using paint and black lines. ¬¬

Hope there's enough content there.

Current Goal:
- Post some more on SH!
- Fail less.

Last edited by CrimsonBlaziken on Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: CrimsonSH PSN Name: Phaaze Wii Friend Code: 5402889825468002
gamedemon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your problem eknom, you on your period or something???
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 068836507783
LongSockSilver  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eknom wrote:
A bunch of things

Shut up.

Look, yeah you aren't supposed to post hints like that about your scores, but you don't need to be a jerk about it. The rule was obviously overlooked by quite a few people, so a friendly reminder would be nice. Do you really need to go off on a tangent like that?

-LSS

<smokyprogg> I fced Mother before Cherry Pie
<dho> I FCeD YOUR MOTHER BEFORE I ATE HER CHERRY PIE

Last edited by LongSockSilver on Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32

Jump to: