ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S5 - PS2 - League A Thread - Week 6 Songs Up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budmandude  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My four favorite songs in the game in the same week, I'm ecstatic! I'm not too fond of the Message in a Bottle twist, but I'll get over it pretty quickly.
A7XChaos  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~dies from RTT~
SCoM: Love this song, but people will do better than me
MiaB: No index finger might mess up possible FCs, which helps me because I haven't FCed it...
Carry On: Great song, but not a great GH song... I expect to land just above the middle of the pack.

FC Beast and the Harlot [ ] (Power Surge)
Get The Log [X]
5* Jordan [X]
5* Every Co-Op song [X]

GH2 League A1: 8th
157 Points off of the lead :O
Smoses  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiaB: Hells yes! Twist: Hells no!
SCoM: Double Hells yes!
Carry on: Triple Hells yes!
RTT: Hells no!

Seriously loving this week. Though I'm horrible at RTT, it is still a fun song.

Good luck to everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as a playoff position should be guarenteed for me I'm only gonna play:

MiaB: Once
SCoM: Played it 5 times already, but I've finished
COWS: 3 times at most
RTT: 3 times at most.

Good luck to the rest of you.
elx  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously now, this is fucking ridiculous. I spent 5 and a half hours doing results in the morning, and now I just spent the last 3 and a half hours checking through all the scores for the entire season. As a result, I'm on my way to ban 14 people between the different leagues. You wanna fuck around, I WILL catch you. Now people have banned out of every league, except B League, and all of those results need to be redone, for the entire fucking season.
Pita217  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as if cheating in itself weren't lame enough... some people gotta cheat at something where there's absolutely nothing on the line? wow. just wow. it's very simple, folks. just play to see how you stack up against the rest of the GH community. there's just NO reason to throw fake scores at us... other than to prove that you're an asshat, I guess. in which case, congratulations, you've succeeded.
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say I like the league just because it motivates me to get higher scores by the focus on a couple songs at a time. Got a 5* on Laid to Rest woo hoo. That was a big deal for me. In other news, I'm still in over my head. (shoulda played medium D'oh)

But even with all the hard work and hours Elx and other mods put into this, for free, it's naive to assume they gonna catch all the cheaters. Just adding my voice to the : c'mon it's a for fun league, just put in honest scores, so what if you're only 11th, no big whoop.

I do see this in a couple more seasons that only time stamped photo proofs scores will be accepted. Which unfortunately doesn't prove some of the twists. When people can honsetly 100% keyboard style, there's no way to prove that anyway and there will always be a doubter or 2. So, don't worry, be happy, be honest, don't get banned.

Oh and to the I got 60K improvement guy but it's not fake, I wouldn't worry about that. My L2R went up about 100K just cause I actually worked on it. But I did get a picture for the 5.6* performance.

EDIT: after rereading my post, I should make it clear that I don't suspect any scores in my league to be fake, just really good worked hard at scores. Good luck in the upcoming playoffs, I'm toast.
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
ChainsawSolo  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: On twist technique Reply with quote

Normally I'm really good with twists, but I just tried MiaB (no index finger allowed) and its killing me. It is making me suck at playing the song even worse than mirror mode ever did to me. I can imagine myself improving up to being able to handle the main refrain, but the squeedley solo bits and the 2-1 split three finger chord sustains appear insurmountable.

The main problem I'm having is that I can't figure out a good position to put my illegal index finger in so that it stays out of the way of my other fingers. At first I tried binding it to the side of my middle finger with a flexible bandage, but that didn't work because the tip of the index finger would still touch the fret buttons. Than I tried binding it such that my index fingertip was resting more on top of the fingernail of my middle finger, which lifted it out of the way but decreased the flexibility of my middle finger so much that it became worthless.

So binding was deemed unsuitable, and I tried just keeping the index finger lifted as high off the fretboard as possible. Well, after five minutes that created severe cramping in the tendon on the back of my hand. Than I tried tucking it underneath the guitar neck but the knuckle sitting under the neck made shifting up and down the neck a very bumpy ride and once again the hand started to cramp up. So I put an ice pack on it, and now I am (slowly) writing this post with one hand.

Would anybody have any suggestions for me, whether it be about a better technique for keeping the index finger out of the way or even first aid for hand/wrist cramps? What method or idea have you been using for this problem, my friends?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTT.. ugh...

I had the hardest time passing that song to get through expert.... finally passed it, and never played it again lol. I'm gonna get pwnt!

I really shoulda joined a hard league... I'm getting spanked here!
Heffenfeffer  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: On twist technique Reply with quote

ChainsawSolo wrote:
Would anybody have any suggestions for me, whether it be about a better technique for keeping the index finger out of the way or even first aid for hand/wrist cramps?

Yeah, just whip out the meat cleaver, and hey! Presto! Alternately, keep your index finger bent, bind it to your thumb instead, or go keyboard style.
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
Seriously now, this is fucking ridiculous. I spent 5 and a half hours doing results in the morning, and now I just spent the last 3 and a half hours checking through all the scores for the entire season. As a result, I'm on my way to ban 14 people between the different leagues. You wanna fuck around, I WILL catch you. Now people have banned out of every league, except B League, and all of those results need to be redone, for the entire fucking season.

14 people!?

Holy balls! Can that even be proven? Well, I guess all at your discretion. I'd hate to see legitimate players be banned, though.

Thanks elx, for all that time you are putting in.

Good Luck all for Week 6 and the playoffs!
Smoses  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made some major improvements in my scores myself, but that is part of the point of these leagues and shouldn't be enough to get you accused of cheating. I can hardly believe that so many people would cheat, but I guess thats just the way some people are.

Good luck with getting this all sorted out, elx. We know this is hard on you and we can be as patient as you need us to be. Take all the time you need and don't forget to sleep!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no use waiting for the scores to run this weeks' scores in.

I gave 10 total runs for the songs, that's like 15 less than the first week! and 150 less than week 4... talk about no life for that week..

Well, I had two stellar songs, and 2 horrible songs.

MiaB: Hate the song, hate the twist, played it once.

SCoM: Love the song, love the no twist, played it 5 times. Wish I would have checked out the optimum path, to up my score though..

COWS: Love the song, 3 times.

RTT: Hate the song, leave it at that. Played once.

Good luck ya'll, see ya in the playoffs!
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: On twist technique Reply with quote

ChainsawSolo wrote:

Would anybody have any suggestions for me, whether it be about a better technique for keeping the index finger out of the way or even first aid for hand/wrist cramps? What method or idea have you been using for this problem, my friends?

laugh if you must but.......
I couldn't do it normally either. I actually scotch taped a popsicle stick to the underside of my index finger to keep it out of the way.

I tried it couple more times and then had an epiphany....
Three notes chords, no way my stubby fingers make that stretch, bye bye sp. End solo, yeah right, hit enough notes ot not fail. Adjust sp path and hit the chorus, bingo.

Then I realized I'm in my living room with a popsicle stick taped to my finger playing a plastic toy guitar. Glad there was no pictures to capture how lame that was. Anyway, got a decent score for the amount of effort and gave up. One hour of my life I don't get back. Now to get my butt kicked on SCOM woohoo
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: On twist technique Reply with quote

Slowhand wrote:
Then I realized I'm in my living room with a popsicle stick taped to my finger playing a plastic toy guitar.

WIN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: