ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S5 - PS2 - League A Thread - Week 6 Songs Up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChainsawSolo  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: On twist technique Reply with quote

Heffenfeffer wrote:
ChainsawSolo wrote:
Would anybody have any suggestions for me, whether it be about a better technique for keeping the index finger out of the way or even first aid for hand/wrist cramps?

Yeah, just whip out the meat cleaver, and hey! Presto! Alternately, keep your index finger bent, bind it to your thumb instead, or go keyboard style.

I must thank you because this advice was actually helpful to me. I've been using a rubber band to keep the index finger bent into a curl and I've been using keyboard style. My new mutant keyboard style home fingering for this song is pinky, ring, and middle finger on G, R, and Y. Index finger is lobster-claw rubber-banded and bent up in the air as high as possible at the base joint. As further insurance the lifted index finger won't get involved I have put my thumb below it. And the side of my thumb rests on top of B. By straightening out my thumb a bit I can slide up to O, or easily shift the whole hand up a position. The key is getting my thumb involved to substitute for the missing index finger. I'm starting to think that spending all that time a week or two ago practicing using my thumb in keyboard style on Radium Eyes was time well spent indeed. This setup is actually working well for me...I've managed to hit the three-finger chord SP section just fine with it, but I'm still way too slow on the end solo...for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit! I just FC'ed Jessica... in practice mode.

Yes it was Expert Full Speed, my friend and I were just switching off solos on songs seeing who could nail them, just having fun with it, and when I went to Jessica I accidentally hit Full Song. I thought, whatever, I'll just play it.

And when it came to Ending, my friend asked, holy shit, did you miss ANY? I went on to nail that small HO/PO section at the VERY END, and smirked, "Nope."
underoath87  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiaB w/ out index blows balls fyi...but i find it a lot easier to do the beginning part with just using my middle finger on green/red and letting my ring finger and pinky get the other three notes..i've actually gotten pretty good at it using this method...almost five stared it

PSN: Chlamydiais1337
underoath87  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: On twist technique Reply with quote

ChainsawSolo wrote:
Heffenfeffer wrote:
ChainsawSolo wrote:
Would anybody have any suggestions for me, whether it be about a better technique for keeping the index finger out of the way or even first aid for hand/wrist cramps?

Yeah, just whip out the meat cleaver, and hey! Presto! Alternately, keep your index finger bent, bind it to your thumb instead, or go keyboard style.

I must thank you because this advice was actually helpful to me. I've been using a rubber band to keep the index finger bent into a curl and I've been using keyboard style. My new mutant keyboard style home fingering for this song is pinky, ring, and middle finger on G, R, and Y. Index finger is lobster-claw rubber-banded and bent up in the air as high as possible at the base joint. As further insurance the lifted index finger won't get involved I have put my thumb below it. And the side of my thumb rests on top of B. By straightening out my thumb a bit I can slide up to O, or easily shift the whole hand up a position. The key is getting my thumb involved to substitute for the missing index finger. I'm starting to think that spending all that time a week or two ago practicing using my thumb in keyboard style on Radium Eyes was time well spent indeed. This setup is actually working well for me...I've managed to hit the three-finger chord SP section just fine with it, but I'm still way too slow on the end solo...for now.

Are we actually allowed to use our thumb? I kinda figured it was now a 3 finger rule...

PSN: Chlamydiais1337
pandemonium  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just says no index finger. I don't see why thumbs wouldn't work. If it said: ring, pinky, and middle finger only that would be one thing, but it just said no index finger.
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 points out of first!

Sorry guys, I might have to break my 10 times playing to give me at least a chance for the number 1 seed. Nothing like the time I put in for Week 5, though. Hell no.

But

If I can crack RTT open, I think I'll have a shot, it's my weakest song of the four.. by far.
xnerdyxrealistx  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, well I hope everyone struggled with the 3 finger Message in a Bottle as I did or I'm in trouble.

SCoM and CoWS were pretty decent scores, I'm hoping to be near the top.

i feel like I demolished RTT. If in not in top 3 i'll be angry I worked my ass off on that song

Proof that I can squeeze vocals!!
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tenuous grasp on mediocrity shalt be loosed by the craptasm that masquerades as my less-than-elite skills on Stoning Thy Village. Revel in thine playoffs, brethren, for I shan't be accompanying you along the path to glory.

Or something.

Oh, and twists FTL. It's like saying, "Hey dudes, let's go race go karts! Except you're only allowed to steer with your forehead LOL."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submitted my scores. (Going to an Aerosmith concert all day tommorow)

MiaB: I performed so great on this song without my index finger, it suprises me. I should be in the top 5, at least.

SCOM and COWS: I did decent scores on both on these songs. I should be in the top half of the group.

RTT: I thought I would do horrible, but I did really well. Should be in the top 1/3.

I will probably wont make the playoffs because I only had two weeks, but there is always next season.

Listening to: Dinosaur Jr., Planet Smashers, Streetlight Manifesto, Less Than Jake, Beatles

No banners. Why? Meh.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandomMaster913
lisamariefan  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'd say that besides "certain" parts of the song, the hardest thing to avoid doing in MiaB is accidentally using your index in the middle of the song. That's...led to a good few restarts on my part. :P

By the way. I REALLY fucking hate COWS. It's one of those songs that should be easy enough...but I almost always make retarded mistakes that cause me to restart and really get my blood boiling.

Matt wrote:
I'm going to pistol whip the next person who says Rick Roll'd

Best percentage in RaBl: 91% T__T
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just CAN'T wait for the playoffs!

IceShark7, I think you'll come away with the number 1 seed, I've got some solid scores, but I think you can fend me off.

I really want to know the song choices for the playoffs as well. Some songs that are left that really scare me, and some that I can just demolish, hopefully I'll catch demolishers, well, Good Luck all, especially those making a push for the playoffs this week!

Thank God, RTT wasn't a playoff song.
Pita217  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an extremely good chance to get last place in every song this week. I had no time to play each song more than a couple times each, and I had nothing going for me tonight while trying. Just a total off day where I couldnt put anything together. Oh well, WTFE.
pandemonium  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving apartments and then being sick, I kind of crammed all my playing in just now. I'm happy enough with all my scores, but I know I could have done better. Oh, well. I really enjoyed my first league.
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't tell, I'm pretty pumped for the playoffs.

With the regular season ending in less than an hour, I look back to my first weeks scores, and give a little chuckle. I've watched my FC count grow and grow. This league as been fun as hell, ya'll. So, Thank you all my fellow competitors, and elx (proper respects, man) for making the league this way. I hope to be here next season as well.

Good Luck, all.

By the way..

I plan on going OFF in the playoffs.
ChainsawSolo  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished submitting my scores to Elx. I think I once again spent way too much time focusing on the hard songs (RTT, MinB with twist) at the expense of advancing the easier songs (COWS, SCOM).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: