ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Make a tourney in Illinois
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm close enough to Joliet. I go to school in Springfield, but Joliet is close to home.
kaotic103  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i mean i can try im not saying im going to but if anyone else goes there maybe they cant if i dont get to it
kaotic103  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want a damn tournament
acerag127  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey everyone, ive got a store in chicago that is willing to host guitar hero tournaments, this saturday im gonna be bringing the game in and well just play the game and see how many people are willing to play and get to know whos there and such. i was there this last friday and there was definitely interest but i was by FAR the best player there so me entering any tournament there wouldnt be fair at all. hopefully some other people can come in and display their skills allowing me to enter well discuss entry fees and such this next weekend and come up with a schedule or whatever, also im gonna look into holding a big tournament and hopefully get sponsorship from red octane to get some extra prizes in there. for those interested the store in question is called collect a card and comics, so look it up online for an address cause i dont know it
kaotic103  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you let us know the date and stuff on the like what weekend so we have a better idea of when its going to be
acerag127  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well have a sort of get together this upcoming saturday the 14th of october just to let everyone know more of the specifics of the tournament, make sure everyone is ok with it and to see how high or low the level of interest is. itll basically just be the "quiet before the storm" where we can all just sit around and play guitar hero with new people and such.
TOBOR  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acerag127 wrote:
well have a sort of get together this upcoming saturday the 14th of october just to let everyone know more of the specifics of the tournament, make sure everyone is ok with it and to see how high or low the level of interest is. itll basically just be the "quiet before the storm" where we can all just sit around and play guitar hero with new people and such.

Why does it have to be this saturday!!! Dammit, I have a bachelor party to go to. I won't be there but I am definatley interested!!!
kaotic103  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya im very interested in the tourny as u know already but i have some ultimate wrestling thing to go to saturday so i cant attend the meeting or whatever but if someone can post the rules and when and where its at ill be there then
acerag127  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, after the meeting saturday ill post what rules, fees, prizes and such we come up with on here. the first tourney will probably be the following weekend, the 21st. if anyone on here cant make it to the meeting, it will be VERY important to post on here if you will be attending and if youre going to bring people with as i will need to know how many people to be able to make the tournament go as good as possible. ill need to set up more tvs and playstations and such depending on the amount of people otherwise well all be there for a lonnnng time
kaotic103  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will be able to go 2 the tourny on the 21st and its going to be me and at least one other person
TOBOR  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happened yesterday? Did you guys meet up, will the tourney happen???????
acerag127  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if anyone here went on saturday to the store, i apologize, my grandma had a stroke so i never made it to the store this weekend. basically what i was going to suggest was the tournament that a dude on here suggested, dont remember who but its in the topic under running tournaments. its the one where itll split into a medium and expert division and well cut down the groups based on percentages instead of scores. i feel that the percentages seems like a more accurate representation of overall skill in a song. but yeah the only thing i havent figured out yet are prizes, i figure the expert division will have a better prize. well probably start the tournament early (store opens at noon on saturday) cause it could take a while. but yeah its important to say if youre coming and how many people youll be bringing cause ill need to know how many tvs and such ill need to bring. im gonna email the owner and talk to him this week and get back to yous if anything comes up
kaotic103  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright so your sure that your going to have this tourny this saturday can you let us know what time because i live about an hour away from Chicago so i will have to leave early so that i can make it on time
swat.funk  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Definately Interested in a Chicago Tourney Reply with quote

Count me in for anything in Chicago. I'ver been waiting for some competition for a long time. I was explianing the scoring system to a friend last Friday - who has a masters in info tech nology - and he said I'm way too into the math of the game.

Keep posting here about anything in Chicago - also if there's anyone just looking for good competition in the city, let me know. I live up in Lincoln square. I'll be out of town this comming weekend if things happen on the 21st, but I'll keep watching for future dates.
Kegermann  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in the suburbs near Chicago, i rarely hear of tournaments except for one back in may at the Game Crazy by my house and i had only had the game for a week and i won it, probably cause i was incredibly addicted to it and i had beat every song on expert besides BatM and CfH at that time, now I am Guitar God on Expert by now. I love to show off my skills at game stores but no tourneys.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKegermann PSN Name: Kegermann
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: